September 21, 2014 | 1033 users online

Shampoo - L'anza - urban elements remedy shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reviewing for Daily Elements Remedy Shampoo, which I think replaced the Urban Elements.
Fits my needs exactly. Positives: Cleans great, lathers, smells okay, & doesn't strip my hair or my color. Negative: None so far.
For Reference: my hair is long, thick, frizzy & course.
My other products: Purology Conditioner & Orbe Shine Creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by tw

I'm having an awful time finding this stuff locally, but I will keep looking. It's the only thing that helps my serious dry scalp in the winter. It's got a nifty scent and it makes my hair really soft and shiny, too. I agree with the other reviewer's dislike of the bottle, though. It's somewhat small for the price and is too tall and skinny. It's too tall to fit in my shower caddy, but falls over and lives on its side if I put it on the floor. I want a liter bottle with a pump. Please!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I recently suffered (and still suffer) from a really bad breakout on my scalp, neck and hairline and I suspect it is caused by perfume ingredients in shampoos and lotions. (I only use salon shampoos).
From earlier experience I stopped using perfume on my neck a couple of years ago, only spraying on my wrists and clothes. Now there seems like I have to start looking for shampoos without perfume too - not an easy task as I want my shampoos to clean my scalp, add volume and a nice scent, and not strip it of color or moisture.
I found a forgotten bottle of Remedy shampoo, and after reading the last review below I thought: Salisylic acid = good for me.
And it was: It reduced the breakouts, made my hair clean without drying, and calmed my irritated scalp.
When it comes to color, I think it strips though. But until I find something else, I can live with that since I have to touch up my roots often anyway.
It smells OK (medisinic), lathers well, and rinses out easily.
The bottle is not an issue for me, as it is the 'poo that is important here.
I wash my hair as it says on the back: wash-rince-wash and leave on for 3 minutes-rince again, and it leaves my hair clean and calm.
Thank you, L'Anza!
UPDATE: Going back to Remedy - I strayed with my TiGi 'poos again :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2005 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Elena14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a fan of this shampoo and of the smell. I purchased this when new medication caused my already super-sensitive skin and scalp to begin itching terribly. Knowing from past experience that Head & Shoulders only increases my scalp irritation and devastates my hair, I was seeking a salon-quality shampoo treatment. I react badly to strong botanical ingredients (tea tree oil, a big standby for alternative shampoos, usually irritates my skin), and I was suspicious that I'd have issues with coal tar as well. (Yes, my skin and scalp are high-maintenance!)

Knowing that BHAs have helped with my facial skin issues, I limited my search to shampoos with BHAs (if such things existed). Although Remedy Shampoo is not publicized for containing BHA, salicyclic acid is on the ingredient list. (You can imagine how desperate I was if I went through the Ulta store reading ingredient labels on "hopeful" products.)

I've been very pleased with this shampoo, in combination with L'Anza's Daily Revitalizer (with AHA). It cleans my hair and scalp gently, without stripping--yet completely. It leaves my hair in good condition. I must confess I find the tall, skinny--meaning easily knocked over--bottle annoying.

I'm giving this a 4.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2005 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Mudlark

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a lot of L'anza products on ebay. I don't care for this shampoo. Its supposed to be helpful for scalp conditions (which I do'nt have), but in fact this *makes* my scalp itch. I have to rinse 3x more than usual to stop the itch. It smells yucky (not very strong though). I don't like the Urban Elements bottles which are very tall (don't fit in middle shelf of my shower caddy) and skinny (fall over all the time). Nothing I would ever buy, and probably won't finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by 24kt

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a unique product. it is a pearly liquid that i have to shake before using. has a nice scent, and cleans hair very well without causing dryness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2004 12:48:00 AM More reviews by curiouslilannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the shampoo I bought to put at my SO's place. It comes in a unisex gray bottle and has a pleasant scent IMO. Lathers well, and it's pH balanced for damaged hair.