August 21, 2014 | 1807 users online

Scrubs - Elemis - Gentle Rose Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Nice smell but not a very good exfoliator, gel formula with few beads.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by joccee

If you like the scent of roses, you will fancy the mild smell that this exfoliator gives. This felt like a luxury face exfoliator which can be used on a daily basis.

The jojoba exfoliating beads are fine, no sharp gritty edges are felt. However, I do wish there are a little more beads to do the exfoliating work. It can be easily achieved by squeezing more product out of the tube, but the downside is, I will run out of it sooner. Having said that, it does not really bother me as I always lean towards gentle and mild cleansing wash.

The down side of this item is probably the price. During my course of using, I did feel that it cleans my face a little better, but the difference is not much. If you own a Clarisonic, this is unnecessary.

Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Jojoba Esters, PEG/PPG-14/4 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Rosa Damascena Flower Absolute, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Tromethamine, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Red 4 (CI 14700), Methylisothiazolinone. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by leonor57

the only scrub that works for my skin. can use everyday without leaving my skin feeling taut. will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ppw16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has the most gorgeous smell, and I'm sure it would be great for a dry or sensitive skin. I received it as part of a TSV from QVC and my skin is combination and it doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2009 9:38:00 AM More reviews by amystewart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite scrub - it doesn't feel like it's doing much but it really gently exfoliates and is so much better for your skin than gritty exfoliators. The smell is beautiful and the condition of my skin has improved since I started using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by katielou22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this exfoliator and cant live without it! I have dry sensitive skin and this is so gentle and hydrating, i find other scrubs to harsh and cream ones not exfoliating enough. This is perfect. Although pricey it lasts ages as you only need a little!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

A nice product - lovely rose smell, but I wonder why Elemis make this when they have papaya enzyme peel? Gentle Rose is your typical scrub - I can never get all the exfoliating beads off. Give me an easy-rinse, non-granular exfoliator any day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

As an exfoliater this is nice and has a beautiful smell and is extremely gentle, this is so gentle that I didn't find it exfoliated my skin that much! I got this as part of a set but, wouldn't buy it again I much prefer grainy exfoliaters, and haven't found anything to beat Philosophy's Microdelivery Peel.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by blondejane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was keen to try this exfoliator as many scrubs make my normal/sensitive skin very flaky and dry. It had a lovely smell and didn't irritate my skin, but it didn't really feel like it had actually exfoliated my skin at all. More like a nice gel cleasner that smelt of roses. Also, it says you can use it every day but the tube is so small I'm sure it would run out quickly if you did. I much prefer REN facial scrub which is just as gentle but really does exfoilate my skin nicely, so i'll stick to that :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2005 2:01:00 PM More reviews by RedT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great exfoliator if you have very very sensitive skin. I can pretty much use anything so prefer a hardier scrub (like Refinish or Origins) but this is certainly nice if you want a gentle scrub perhaps if your skin is feeling a little sore or sensitive.
I loved the smell, made me think there must actually be real rose oil in it! My DH said it made me smell like an old woman! Cheek! continued >>