Smashbox Lip Brilliance Lightbox (warm)

4.5

on 1/27/2004 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette. Smashbox Lip Brilliance is a combination lipstick and lipgloss product. The lasting power of a lippie with the shine of a gloss. The colors are beautiful. Very moisturizing. I dont have a problem with the compact at all and think its quite stylish. And all three retail for $28. The champagne, pinky nude, and light chocolate are all beautiful and create tons of gorgeous looks!

on 1/27/2004 8:41:00 AM

I've never been that much of a SB afficionado--- I see their stuff and think, "eh.." but I do see the line has a huge following at the KoP Nordstrom's, where the MUA constantly is ringing up the sales. So, finally I asked to see one of the small little lip palettes (included is a small lipbrush-- practically useless on its own, but nice to have in a pinch). The palette is covered in a vulcanized rubber coating, sort of a la NARS, and inside there are three shades of gloss (actually, more like liquid lipstick): one is a really gold shade, the other is a fairly brownish pink (think Turkish Rose as a lipgloss/lipstick) and the other is a dusty rose. Problem I have, is that the lipgloss "migrates" onto the mirror-- and I cannot understand how that happens, other than the packaging is cheap and rather defective. (isn't this stuff, incidentally, also sold on QVC? That might explain it). All in all, packaging quality rivals the brand's forefather-- Max Factor. It looks expensive, but the packaging is drugstore cheap. The lipglosses wear well, but not that great, either. I think they're comparable to Chantecailles glosses, though at a much more favorable price ($25 for three in this palette) and you can find some similar colors to Chantecaille. That's why I rated it an overall "4."

Popular Palettes