October 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Moisture Rich Color

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2006 4:41:00 PM More reviews by urbanmonk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this product with the shampoo and love both. I started out using a lot of it like the others who posted, but have found that it isn't really necessary. I spread a smaller amount through my hair and leave it in for about 5 minutes. It works fine this way, without overmoisturizing and weighing my hair down. I was originally purchasing 2 conditioner bottles to every 1 shampoo, but am now closer to a 1:1 ratio.

Update: January 2008- Although this is a good conditioner, I stopped using conditioners because they ultimately feel like they weigh my hair down. Prefer using a detangler instead-- check out Matrix Biolage!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by AimeeO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is pretty runny, first of all. I feel I have to use a LOT to coat my hair, which is not quite shoulder length. It always leaves my hair frizzy and puffy, which no amount of serum and flatironing can tame. Also, it leaves it feeling coarse. I also use Neutrogena Triple Moisture cream, and when I use that, my hair is smoother, softer, and easier to style. It lies flat, instead of puffing out. This stuff always, always, ALWAYS gives me bad hair days. I finally just threw it away and devoted myself to the Triple Moisture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 2:49:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like to rotate conditioners but i always buy this because it's such a rich formula, which is very important to me because if a conditioner is too "thin" then i find i can't comb my hair out very easily (i have very long hair). hair ends up very soft, very shiny, and i have never had buildup from using this. packaging is great, it stands up with the opening on the bottom so it's always easy to get product out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 2:09:00 PM More reviews by maryamaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has been pretty good to my chemically-treated hair. I recently got very unfortunate-looking highlights, so I dyed black over them. My hair didn't like being treated that harshly, so it immediately dried and lost its shine. I bought this conditioner (along with the shampoo) and used it for just a few days and I saw a real difference: my hair was a lot shinier and prettier. However, after just 9 days of using this product (approximately 6-7 uses) the bottle is almost empty! My hair is shoulder-length and not thick at all, but it still takes a LOT of conditioner to cover it. I just felt like it wasn't rich enough, and it was pretty much watered-down. Next time, I'm going to look for a richer conditioner that doesn't run out after only a few uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2005 2:23:00 PM More reviews by shauna23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Weightless moisturizers? Not hardly. This felt like it never really rinsed out, and it weighed my hair down terribly. The scent in the conditioner also joined powers with the scent from the shampoo to give me a horrible headache from the awful, overpowering perfume stank.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This felt creamy and rich on the hair but once my hair began to air dry I found that it was frizzier and less manageable than usual so I won’t be using this again. Same goes for the shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 2:40:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I needed conditioner in a 911 kinda way, so I hit Wal-Mart for a quick fix. There was much deliberation between this and L'Oreal Nutri-Vive. For $3 each, I could have bought both, but I hate being a product graveyard when they suck. So I decided on Dove because:
a) I love them
b) I liked the shampoo
c) It came with a free Dove bar

I was pleasantly surprised how thick it was for drugstore conditioner (I am spoiled by salon products). It rinsed pretty clean and left my hair feeling soft and smooth. I adore the scent of Dove haircare. I find this conditioner to be a little heavy when I blow-dry, it weighs my hair down a bit. But I have fine hair and pretty much anything weighs it down. If you have to buy something for your hair from the drugstore, choose Dove. It's so cheap and good, and they have so many individualized formulas to choose from.