Desert Essence Hydrating Shea Butter Conditioner

3.0

Not tested on animals

Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Isohexadecane, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Jojoba Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Matricaria Extract (Chamomile), Rosemary Extract, Rose Extract, Gingko Biloba Extract, Lemon Oil, Orange Oil, Lime Oil, Bois de Rose, Grapefruit Oil, Nutmeg Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax N.F., Carrageenan, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Diazolidinyl Urea.

on 1/28/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Given the name of this conditioner and the ingredient list I expected it to be a lot more moisturizing. It didn't provide anything beneficial to my hair. It sat in the shower for months before I decided to add some coconut oil to it so I could use it up.

on 10/14/2009 5:30:00 PM

I have been using this conditioner for four months now. It works great as a daily conditioner and as a co-wash.

on 6/7/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This cost me over 8 bucks at whole foods. It felt rich and hydrating. Gives great slip and my hair does not need extra moisture. . Unfortunately - my hair needs some kind of coating or leave in to not make it look like dried hay and this did not provide it - I actually doubt it would work on moisturizing anyones hair unless theirs was greasy to begin with.

actually chi line has no oil coating and it leaves my hair far better than this. not a good purchase.

on 5/21/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My local grocery store had this for $2.99 on closeout, so I don't know if that means it's being discontinued, but I'm very happy with both it and the accompanying shampoo. Am only giving 4 lippies for now 'cause I've only been using it a day and am waiting to see more long-term results, but for now it's quite nice and hydrating on my coarse, dry, curly hair. And I'm trying to switch to more natural products too.

EDIT: Unfortunately, after using this for awhile I found it really didn't provide the moisture I need for my hair.

on 2/10/2008 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i LOVE this conditioner! i ingredients are extremely clean and natural. shea butter is the 4th ingredient and tit is loaded with natural conditioners. it really moisturized my dry hair and make the comb sail right through! i love it and i will definately repurchase

on 1/26/2004 9:59:00 PM

I liked this. It has a nice smell, & seemed to do a pretty good job of hydrating my always dry hair. It also made it soft & easy to comb through (wet). Not to mention it was super inexpensive! Only 6$ wow!