July 31, 2014 | 1082 users online

Conditioner - Desert Essence - Hydrating Shea Butter Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Given the name of this conditioner and the ingredient list I expected it to be a lot more moisturizing. It didn't provide anything beneficial to my hair. It sat in the shower for months before I decided to add some coconut oil to it so I could use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by rdbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this conditioner for four months now. It works great as a daily conditioner and as a co-wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cost me over 8 bucks at whole foods. It felt rich and hydrating. Gives great slip and my hair does not need extra moisture. . Unfortunately - my hair needs some kind of coating or leave in to not make it look like dried hay and this did not provide it - I actually doubt it would work on moisturizing anyones hair unless theirs was greasy to begin with.

actually chi line has no oil coating and it leaves my hair far better than this. not a good purchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My local grocery store had this for $2.99 on closeout, so I don't know if that means it's being discontinued, but I'm very happy with both it and the accompanying shampoo. Am only giving 4 lippies for now 'cause I've only been using it a day and am waiting to see more long-term results, but for now it's quite nice and hydrating on my coarse, dry, curly hair. And I'm trying to switch to more natural products too.

EDIT: Unfortunately, after using this for awhile I found it really didn't provide the moisture I need for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this conditioner! i ingredients are extremely clean and natural. shea butter is the 4th ingredient and tit is loaded with natural conditioners. it really moisturized my dry hair and make the comb sail right through! i love it and i will definately repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Triona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this. It has a nice smell, & seemed to do a pretty good job of hydrating my always dry hair. It also made it soft & easy to comb through (wet). Not to mention it was super inexpensive! Only 6$ wow!