Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Palmitate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacryladipate-1, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacryladipate-2, Rincinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glyceryl Laurate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance, Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Limonene, Citronellool, Linalool, Eugenol, Evernia Prunastri (Oakmoss) Extract, Citral

on 8/18/2015 5:24:00 PM

The Anti-humectant (white tub, blue lid) just ended up making my hair look greasy. My hair is really, really fine and can't take much and I didn't use much. When I used this, it really just felt like an unnecessary layer. I tested it out on numerous humid days, but it was just too heavy for my hair no matter how little I used. I will be trying the humectant version of this next (blue tub, blue lid). Maybe I have weird hair. I don't think this is a bad product at all, it just isn't for me.

on 8/6/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great product to combat frizz. I have wavy to curly hair that not only has a tendency to inflate big time but I also have lots of 'baby hair'. Coupled with the hot and humid South East Asian weather, my hair can be a nightmare to manage on my own. Enter this product to ease the pain. By no means it's a miracle product because I can't just rely this on its own to get a nice sleek finish, but it does help to deflate the puffiness and calm/combat the baby hair and frizzies. Gives a slight sheen too.

I've only ever used this as a finishing product and I usually would not top up on 2nd/3rd day hair because it can weigh hair down. A little goes a long way else hair will be greasy, but the bonus is one tub is going to last you a long time. Not too crazy on the scent as with most Aveda products it's got that herbal/medicinal fragrance but you quickly get used to it.

on 7/8/2013 7:56:00 PM

It has been so humid this summer that nothing is seems to be working to keep even my hair from looking like a frizz-ball. The products I normally use in the fall/winter are just leaving me with a greasy flat mess in this weather....I pulled out my jar of anti-humectant pomade and it has made such a difference, my hair is soft and less dry and frizzy. This works well in the hot humid weather, so I will try it again in the winter see how it performs. It would be nice if it provided a bit more shine too. I only use a small amount on dry hair away from my roots. I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/10/2012 5:15:00 PM

The trick to getting the most out of this product is to apply the product to the ends of your hair when it is WET. I've found that when it is applied to dry hair, it doesn't work at all. But when you apply it with your hair gel to wet hair, then blow dry it, you can really notice a difference! You hair feels so healthy even if it is not! I like the fragrance too. It is easy to use too much of this product, so you'll need to play around with it at first to determine the amount that's right for you. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired... the letters peeled off the container after a couple of uses.

on 5/26/2012 3:52:00 PM

I bought this a a last-ditch effort to combat the high humidity levels that plague Houston. Does it work miracles? No, but it helps and at this point I'll take what I can get. As background, I have wavy/curly lightly highlighted shoulder length hair that I prefer to wear straight. My style would hold through most of the day but if I had to get out in the early (as in pre-sunrise) morning or later in the evening when the humidity is at its highest or if, god forbid, it rains my hair would transform into this mass of puffy, fluffy brown cotton candy. This helps stop the puff and keep me from having to restraighten my hair on the 2nd day. The scent doesn't bother me, I find it wears away quickly, but I do like most other Aveda product scents. I gave it a 2 for price because, although expensive, the tub will last a long long time.. It takes only a tiny dab for my hair and I apply from root (very lightly) to tip.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I can't believe I paid $20 for a 2.6 oz of this stuff, which did absolutely nothing to my natural, unprocessed hair. It did not prevent frizz or make my hair glossy, shiny or anything. This is just an expensive hair grease that smells like gardenia flowers.

on 1/1/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Manage to turn my parched, frizzy hair into a sleek do. This stuff makes my hair SERIOUSLY glossy and shiny..like walking under my own spotlight 24/7 !

A little dab goes a long way..too much and your hair will look like it hasn't been washed for a week !

on 8/13/2011 7:45:00 PM

I have been using the product for years, and I've never found anything that keeps my hair frizz-free in my humid climate. I have thick, kind of fine, wavy hair... and any styling product with silicone will build up on my hair very quickly, even with thorough washings. This product is expensive, but one jar will literally last me three years. It's very greasy, and you have to learn how to work with it... but I have never found another product that works as well. My routine is LUSH's "King of the Mods" on wet hair to style and dry... and Anti-Humectant (just a little) once my hair is dry. Sometimes I use a little "Mods" on my dry hair after that too, just for additional styling.

on 7/12/2011 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of my favorite anti-frizz, finishing products. I use a tiny amount, rub it to warm it in my palms, and apply it throughout my hair, concentrating on the ends and any fly away or frizzy spots. If too much product is used, you will get greasy looking, weighed down hair. My hair is fairly thick and wavy to curly in texture. Finer textured hair types may find that this product is too heavy. When I wear my hair curly, it helps to define curls and prevent frizz. When I straighten my hair, it helps prevent waving and keeps my hair looking shiny and styled in place. I use a dab here and there as a touch up on the days I do not wash my hair. It also works great in conjunction with a flat iron. Yes, this is expensive. But you get good bang for the buck because the jar lasts for many months, even up to a year, if used in the appropriate manner.

on 5/7/2011 10:45:00 AM

I have been using this same jar for three years and I'm only half through it. I go through so many different anti-frizz products, but always use this as a finisher. My hair is very full and frizzy, and I usually use another styling product (like living proof, frizz ease, or aveda hang straight) while hair is damp, blow dry, and then use a TINY DAP of pomade on dry hair to tame extra frizz. Just don't use too much or you will look oily.