Burt's Bees Hand Salve

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I bought this on a whim last winter because my hands were having a serious emergency and nothing I had seemed to be working. This definitely did the trick, and once my hands were better I turned my mom on to it and now she's addicted. One thing that makes it hard to use is that it's so oily, when you put it on you have to really either dedicate some time to letting it soak in or do it right before bed. That said, it's worth making time for because it makes my hands feel absolutely amazing. It also lasts forever, I've barely even made a dent in mine and I've had it for a year. Overall, definitely recommend!

on 1/19/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Amazing product!

Such a lovely scent (lavender) with a nice texture to it, it softens nicely so you don't end up pulling at your skin whilst applying it and rubbing it in, leaves hands feeling really soft, moisturised and cared for.

A little bit goes a long way too, so it might seem pricey, but it lasts! And has good results. The packaging in the bigger tin may be rather awkward to put in a handbag, but the little tin is smaller than a Vaseline tin and fits anywhere with ease. The other negative about the packaging is the potential for contamination, as well as when you're running out so have to scrape it out with your nail, but I can't really think of another way this product could be packaged.

Definitely worth buying! <3

on 11/16/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use this years ago and decided to purchase it again to prepare for winter. It's a great salve, for sure, but it is very greasy and the smell is a little weird. I don't mind the smell but some folks may find it obnoxious. It makes my hands soft, but that softness only lasts for an hour or so and then my hands start getting dry and I have to reapply it. I guess it's good for what it costs but I won't be buying it again. I'd rather have something that worked in the long term rather than just an hour or two.

YCH

on 8/18/2014 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this for myself, but found it a bit too greasy so offerered it to my OH as he has very dry hands.
However, he found another use for it... as a runner, he used to use vaseline on various bits that chafe (you know where I mean !) but it was hard to wash out of clothing. He loves Burts Bees Hand salve and aparently it works better than anything else he's tried - so if you do sport and want to avoid sore bits, try this !

on 3/6/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hand Salve is some pretty impressive stuff. All winter long, my hands have been dry, cracked, bleeding, etc. (especially between my fingers) I initially purchased Hand Salve at the recommendation of my tattoo artist, it's all they use in his parlor now. My two tattoos have healed quickly and beautifully, no itching or dryness (and only a little shedding). Meanwhile, I also began to use it on my hands as well. I figured it probably wouldn't work, as most hand balms haven't, but the difference is almost immediate. Within a day or so, my hands were completely healed. I apply this several times throughout the work day, and then another Burt's Bees lotion at night. A reminder to those with complaints about the smell of Burt's Bees products, this one in particular is 100% natural. The herbal smell is because of all the botanicals. The purpose of the product is not to smell wonderfully, it's to help heal your hands, hence the line on the tin "A farmer's friend." Hand Salve provides great moisture in an all natural way, and is very soothing on my sensitive skin. If you want to smell pretty, I suggest you get your lotion at Bath & Body Works.

on 3/4/2014 2:59:00 PM

Have and will continue to repurchase. Everybody try opening by twisting the lid and lifting instead of popping it off! I don't know why some people are having so much trouble. Use on hands and feet and sometimes when face is irritated I put this on overnight. Love it lasts a long time always have a backup. Soothing to put on skin irritations or rashes when everything else is uncomfortable.

on 2/20/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First and primarely - this tin is impossible to open! At least mine is. I struggle to get the lid off, so I would dare to say that the packaging is quite unpractical. The salve though, is sticky and doesnt make any lasting effect on my hands. Besides it has a camphor smell to it that I don't exactly appreciate. I love the lip balms so this Product was a :( experience. Luckily I didnt buy it.

on 1/30/2014 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I keep this hand salve in the glove compartment of my car because I always seem to have dry hands. It is also wonderful and soothing for dry cracked feet. Love it! I included it in an article I wrote about products I love, http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/fall-golden-leaves-and-dry-skin.html

The Burt's Bees hand salve is better than Weleda Skin food in comparison! I read the ingredient listings to find the burts bees hand salve has olive oil in it. Olive oil contains Squalenes to really undo damage to damaged skin while healing. I also love how it contains lavender oil. It smells relaxing too.I also put this on my forehead.

on 1/14/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Moisturizing and extremely absorbing onto the skin. Keeps my hands soft throughout the day. I use it right when i get to work and it keeps my hands from looking dry. It smells awesome as well! Clean and fresh. Contains botanical oils, herbs, and beeswax, all of which nourish the skin. This is therapeutic for me when i'm stressed as well.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products