April 17, 2014 | 1908 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Hand Salve

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hand Salve is some pretty impressive stuff. All winter long, my hands have been dry, cracked, bleeding, etc. (especially between my fingers) I initially purchased Hand Salve at the recommendation of my tattoo artist, it's all they use in his parlor now. My two tattoos have healed quickly and beautifully, no itching or dryness (and only a little shedding). Meanwhile, I also began to use it on my hands as well. I figured it probably wouldn't work, as most hand balms haven't, but the difference is almost immediate. Within a day or so, my hands were completely healed. I apply this several times throughout the work day, and then another Burt's Bees lotion at night. A reminder to those with complaints about the smell of Burt's Bees products, this one in particular is 100% natural. The herbal smell is because of all the botanicals. The purpose of the product is not to smell wonderfully, it's to help heal your hands, hence the line on the tin "A farmer's friend." Hand Salve provides great moisture in an all natural way, and is very soothing on my sensitive skin. If you want to smell pretty, I suggest you get your lotion at Bath & Body Works.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Have and will continue to repurchase. Everybody try opening by twisting the lid and lifting instead of popping it off! I don't know why some people are having so much trouble. Use on hands and feet and sometimes when face is irritated I put this on overnight. Love it lasts a long time always have a backup. Soothing to put on skin irritations or rashes when everything else is uncomfortable.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cathped

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First and primarely - this tin is impossible to open! At least mine is. I struggle to get the lid off, so I would dare to say that the packaging is quite unpractical. The salve though, is sticky and doesnt make any lasting effect on my hands. Besides it has a camphor smell to it that I don't exactly appreciate. I love the lip balms so this Product was a :( experience. Luckily I didnt buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I keep this hand salve in the glove compartment of my car because I always seem to have dry hands. It is also wonderful and soothing for dry cracked feet. Love it! I included it in an article I wrote about products I love, http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/fall-golden-leaves-and-dry-skin.html

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Missconsistency

The Burt's Bees hand salve is better than Weleda Skin food in comparison! I read the ingredient listings to find the burts bees hand salve has olive oil in it. Olive oil contains Squalenes to really undo damage to damaged skin while healing. I also love how it contains lavender oil. It smells relaxing too.I also put this on my forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by SylvieKatz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Moisturizing and extremely absorbing onto the skin. Keeps my hands soft throughout the day. I use it right when i get to work and it keeps my hands from looking dry. It smells awesome as well! Clean and fresh. Contains botanical oils, herbs, and beeswax, all of which nourish the skin. This is therapeutic for me when i'm stressed as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used up one tin (85g) of this before giving my honest review. It is emollient, moisturising and effective as a skin salve but remains greasy and on the surface of the skin. this hand salve. It was decent good for moisturising cracked heels and blisters on my feet but did nothing to heal them - it just prevented it from getting worse. Was expecting this to be more healing. Smell isn't too bad, it fades away. Affordable but there are better products out there that do more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by megsmcc

Everyone has already noted how good this is as a daily or nightly treatment for dry, cracked hands, so I won't repeat it. What I want to talk about is how great this is on my face!

I was given a small tin of this salve by my tattoo artist to use on a new large tattoo while it healed (it's the absolute best for tattoos, if you're curious). At the same time, I happened to be running low on the expensive Decleor Rose night cream I have to ship from the UK. It suddenly struck me as I was rubbing the Burt's Bees salve into my tattoo that it sure smelled a lot like the Decleor stuff, and had a similar texture. I looked up the ingredients and there are a lot of similarities. So, in the spirit of experimentation, and with the hope that I would maybe be able to stop purchasing and shipping the expensive stuff, I rubbed some of the hand salve into my face and went to bed.

Woke up the next morning with perfect skin. I have frustrating combo skin that can get very dry on the cheeks while oily on the t-zone, with large pores that always seem clogged and hormonal whiteheads on the jaw and neck. This stuff made my skin smooth, clear, and glowing overnight--everything the Decleor stuff promised and so far hadn't delivered!

I've been using the hand salve on my face the past four nights and it just gets better and better. Old blemishes are healing faster, there are no new ones, and my pores continue to shrink/even out.

You only need the tiniest bit warmed up in your hands and smoothed over the face. If you don't like the smell, you probably won't want to put it on your face, but it's a bummer because you're missing out. I personally love the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by colorsinbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This hand salve is good for REALLY DRY HANDS. If your skin is any less than super dry, I think this may be too greasy for you. I used this first in the Summer and I just didn't understand it. It was a goopy mess for me. But the weather is cooler now and my hands are thirsty for a nice heavy cream, so I brought this back out of my stash and tried it again, and I actually enjoy it. It technically isn't fragranced, but it does have kind of a rubbery smell, so I add a drop of pure essential oil to it before smoothing it on my hands. I use sage, but sage would probably be too herbally and medicinal for most people. I love it though, I think it's calming. =)

As far as the packaging goes, I wish they would make this a screw top, because the pop top is SO HARD TO OPEN. It's nail damaging. I use the salve at work only, so I just have it loosely capped on my desk. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use this product without getting frustrated at the darn thing.

Solely because of the packaging, I wouldn't repurchase. Yes, it's THAT bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by nicolettefreshh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I massage it into my cuticles in the morning and evening, and it heals them so quickly. It smells amazing- like lavender and other herbs. It's a small package, but you only need to apply a tiny, tiny amount of product to your skin, and it spreads easily. It's a light, greasy formula, so I use it before bed and before I walk to school or work.
The tin is a little difficult to open... Some times I actually have to use my teeth to help. That's the only downside! At least you know it will never accidentally open up in your purse.

LOVE IT.