RCMA Invisible Setting Powder

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/21/2015 12:20:00 AM

my go to powder for normall to dry skin types

it doesnt cake regardless of how thick i pat it on the skin. sets cream foundations well. doesnt change the color of foundation. skin feels velvety smooth. looks very natural, daytime or night time. perfect for flash photography.

con: not for oily skin types.

it comes in a very cheap looking shaker type container, i transfer mine in a sifter that looks like bare minerals container (bought at nigels) and now it looks a high end product.

5/5

on 12/28/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This powder sets my foundation wonderfully, never looks powdery, doesn't settle into wrinkles, and looks natural. Plus for the size of the powder the price is dirt cheap.

on 8/24/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this. Hate the salt and pepper shaker packaging as its hard to not make a mess but overall good product for the price. And honestly they are really not many "great" powders out there. So although I do get a little shiny it works pretty dang good.

on 7/20/2013 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG setting powder, finally found after searching for the last 6 or so years. I apply it over my foundation with a dry cosmetic sponge, using a pressing (versus dusting) motion. Then, I knock off the excess powder with a large fluffy brush before applying my bronzer/blush. It has a gorgeous finish that helps to make my full coverage foundation look like healthy glowing skin, not powdery AT ALL, which is why it's HG for me. I have very oily skin and I feel this helps my makeup last all day. I do already wear a long wear foundation but this has extended its wear without shine, and if I reapply a tiny bit of this midday it helps matte me down without caking. The cost is also fantastic; you get a huge container that'll last forever for 8 or so dollars. I used this for my bff's bridal makeup for her June Colorado wedding and everyone said her skin looked airbrushed. I'd def recommend trying this product!

on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 AM

I bought the No-Color Setting Powder and it is a truly transparent powder. I'm very fair-skinned, so most powders tend to make me look pink or goth white. This was completely invisible and didn't alter the color of my foundation at all. Although it doesn't come in the most user friendly package (a shaker bottle), I just poured some into a small plastic container with a lid for easier use.

on 2/5/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this in No-Color. It works. It doesn't alter the tone of your foundation or color application how a lot of products do. I mainly use it under my eyes. It does feel a little drying though and not as nice of a texture as my Ben Nye Neutral Set, but Ben Nye Neutral Set leaves a white casting and this doesn't... so there you go.
Update: While it does set the foundation good and doesn't alter the tone it doesn't seem to make it last as long as other setting powders do. I feel as though with my Ben Nye Neutral Set it sets it all day long while RCMA seems to only set it for 6 or so hours before it starts to fade.

on 11/13/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the 10oz RCMA powder for $20 on Camera Ready Cosmetics. Although I said that I'd purchase the item again, I think I might have enough product to last my entire life (well if I wasn't so clumsy and didn't spill it everywhere). I am a woman of color, and I haven't had any problems with strange color casting with this powder. I usually apply it with a velour powder puff over my foundation and knock off any excess with a fluffy powder brush. I makes my makeup last hours longer without looking greasy, creasy, or cakey. The packaging of the 10oz jar is very basic, not great, in fact I tend to dump it everywhere, when I put it in a smaller (more easy to use) container. Even when I consider only the amount that I am left with "post-spillage" it's still a steal. I recommend trying this one

on 6/16/2010 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this powder. Being a very pale girl, it can be hard to find a powder that is light enough, but doesn't make me look ghostly. This doesn't alter the color of my foundation at all, and doesn't leave my skin 'powdery'. As someone else mentioned, you do get a lot for your money. I got the large size, and put some in a separate powder sifter. Judging by the mount used so far, this will last me for years. While I would re-purchase, I will probably only have to if I loose the big jar - otherwise I'm good for a very long time. I use this along with Graftobian's 'Graceful Swan' creme foundation - a match made in heaven!

on 12/3/2009 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This works wonders, perfect for setting. It doesn't ruin the base you've created for your foundation and it doesn't alter the color too!

on 11/29/2009 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Excellent for setting my RCMA foundation. It makes my skin look really matte and helps fill in pores well. It also comes in a pretty big jar for only $8, so I'll have this for a looooooooong time. Definitely a good purchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin