July 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eyeliner - Chanel - Le Crayon Khol - Noir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A good black khol pencil. I am referring to #61. Wears very well on the water line without sliding off. It is regular black, not jet black, like MAC Smolder, so if you are trying to achieve a more dramatic look this pencil might not be good enough for you. Otherwise the product is just fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Iheartmydh

Love love love! I'm on my second one of these & each one lasts me about 9 months with generous use from Monday to Saturday. I love this for the intense black line I get from several layers & its staying power. It does not feather much & is easy to apply. It is one of the few pencils which gives an intense black. I usually wear a thickish black lined top lid only (not water lined) and find it lasts about 12 hours over a well prepared powder-dry lid. Like most eyeliners, you need to have a well prepped lid to create a smooth canvas. I also wear a black liquid eyeliner over the top near the base of my eyelashes for extra definition & I can apply this over the top with no problems. The sharpener it comes with is good & the tip rarely breaks. It's currently the only black eyeliner pencil I use & will definitely be purchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I was really dissapointed by the performance of this eyeliner from Chanel.

the positive point of this eyeliner is that he color was actually a nice intense black and the texture glides easily and the sharpener that comes with it. BUT It doesn't stay on and it also runs off my water line leaving me with dark circles. Applied on the eyelid, it quickly dissappears leaving my attempt of a sexy cat eye to well... nothing.

If you are a fan of pencil liner, I would recommend urban decay pencil liner- zero. I have it as an addition to my gel liner (mac fluidline blacktrack). I find both (Urban decay & MAC) to be more resistant and long lasting.

will not buy this chanel eyeliner ever again and not recommending it to anyone. you can find better performing eyeliner with better price than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by michellea123

I actually did not like this product at all! I gave the overall rating a 2 because its one of the few eyeliners that actually goes on my waterline! It has a nice black color but it doesnt stay! This eyeliner comes off sooo easily! I have to keep reapplying it every hour! For the price I was expecting much better. Big disappointment

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MACupDork

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the best. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this eyeliner. It goes on well. Comes with a lot of product and a sharpener which is a plus. Some people may complain about the price but I think its worth it. Only reason why it didn't get a 5 because it smudges :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

I've been using this eyeliner for the past 3 years non stop. It comes with a sharpener, which comes in very handy. This eyeliner goes on extremely smoothly, and it's very pigmented and black. It goes for about $28. Depends on where you buy it. I've tried most eyeliners out there, but nothing compares. It usually lasts me for about a year of daily use. It's simply the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For $28, I expect this eyeliner to be a godsend. This goes on smoothly and is nicely pigmented black (although not carbon super duper jet black). The pencil is not hard nor super creamy, but product glides on smoothly without tugging on my lids or waterline. Texture is around the same as the MUFE aqua eyes. Easily smudge-able but does not stay on the waterline any longer than a less expensive alternative. Plus this is the only liner that when I use it for tight lining my upper lash line, travels onto the lower, which annoys the hell out of me. And my eyes are not watery or oily for that matter. I honestly believe my MUFE aqua eyes last way longer than this. On the plus side, the liner is not so soft that you need to keep resharpening it. However there is nothing super special about it that makes it worth $28. Would I repurchase? No. Because I'd rather buy my cheaper HD (asian brand) and get a nice lip gloss or something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised I haven't written a review for this yet. I love black e/l and thought I had exhausted my opportunity for something new, tried this last summer and truly never gave it the love it deserved as I typically prefer something longer wearing. Recently have been using the Chanel la Ligne cake (best.eyeliner.period) and wanting to smoke out the line a tad and find this formula to be a real gem. Not *as* perfect as the YSL, which is more powdery and closer to that deep black that almost pulls a green when smudged, but the Chanel is a classic black, very velvety powdery formula. The tiniest smudge goes a long way and rarely needs sharpened. I can make do with a lot of products once I discover something better, but this one really breaks the mold for an e/l pencil: heavily pigmented so a tad goes a long way, not a w/p formula so not that heavy-looking formula of most w/p pencils, just enough wax base for it to glide on but not so much you end up with a smeary mess (ahem, MAC), classic black that can still be worn during the day looking very chic but still deep enough to pull off for a soft nightime black. Just perfect. Can't go back to anything else, just such a lightweight formula but so richly pigmented. Only YSL gives it a run for it's money and that's a very dramatic, intense pencil (highly recommend).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by nycpari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

My HG eyeliner! The only eyeliner I like almost as much is the one Urban Decay makes. This just has a really nice consistency and stays on pretty well compared to most. I love that it comes with a sharpener as well. I haven't bought this in a while but when I did one pencil would last me months, and I'd use it a few times a week. Everyone I've used it on loved it as well.

Yes it's expensive, but it's really one of the best out there. If you want a quality kohl eyeliner then this is it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple! Chanel eyeliners are my favorites for their easy application, amazing staying power, color variety, and rich pigmentation. I don't wear black eyeliner often, but when I do I usually reach for this one. No shimmer, no sparkle, no fuss... just the perfect black eyeliner.

It glides on effortlessly with absolutely no tugging so I don't ever feel like I'm constantly at battle with my own eyeliner. It's creamy enough to apply a deep, intense black color straight off the bat, but without an overly waxy, crayon-like texture. I love that I can get a beautiful thin line, or build it up for a heavy, smoky appearance. I also use it to line the inner waterline and have never had irritation or sensitivity problems, though I do use a freshly sharpened pencil each time for sanitary purposes. It resists smudging and transfer far better than any other pencil eyeliners I've tried, including my Shu Uemura black pencil liner (and I have long clung to that as HG). IMO, next to gel liners, this is the best smudge-proof black eyeliner out there.

I rarely repurchase eyeliners because I have so many. I don't go through any particular one before I've found a new brand or color that I love. But I've repurchased this twice now, which is exceedingly loyal given my habit. Truly an HG, a staple product I'll always have in rotation. Highly recommend!