October 1, 2014 | 1809 users online

Body Scrubs - Mary Kay - Private Spa Collection Sugar Scrub in Embrace Happiness

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by mgarland

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I need something to remove the dry skin from my arms.It melted into my arms and made them so soft.I really didn't care much for the smell. probably won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by katiegirl88

Mary Kay's Private Spa Collection sugar scrubs are AMAZING! I absolutely love them...they are the BEST bdy scrubs I have ever tried. My favorite scents are Embrace Romance and Embrace Dreams.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by barbarabarb

While I didn't take kindly to this particular scent, the scrub itself was just awesome. Perfect for exfolisting or shaving. Too bad it's a limited edition.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 9:45:00 AM More reviews by LauraGubala

I love this product!! More gentle than the traditional MK scrub. The sugar granules gently melt as you exfoliate and the scent is divine.
It reminds me of lemonade on a hot summer day. Very fresh and delicious smelling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 5:33:00 PM More reviews by dblaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer sugar scrubs over salt scrubs since they are usually not oil based, don't sting, and tend to be cleansing/exfoliating at the same time. Unfortunately for me, Mary Kay's sugar scrub has more characteristics of an oil-based scrub. The first ingredient in this is mineral oil, and there is a warning on the tube to 'use care ... as tub or shower surface may become slippery'. I like to use scrubs in the tub prior to shaving my legs, for exfoliation, so this just resulted in a gunky razor blade and gummy bathtub. To be fair, I can't take points off the product simply because it doesn't work for my preferred method of usage. It's a decent scrub, smells delicious (very reminiscent of Velocity), and is not overly rough. If you have sensitive skin, or if you like to use scrubs in the shower post-cleansing, this would probably be ideal. It moisturizes well, is gentle, and leaves a nice scent on the skin. For me though, for the price ($14 for 6.2 oz.) I'd take one of the Victoria's Secret sugar scrubs over this any day. This is limited edition and comes in three other fragrances.