Mary Kay Private Spa Collection Sugar Scrub in Embrace Happiness

3.5

on 9/8/2006 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I need something to remove the dry skin from my arms.It melted into my arms and made them so soft.I really didn't care much for the smell. probably won't repurchase

on 12/11/2005 10:32:00 PM

Mary Kay's Private Spa Collection sugar scrubs are AMAZING! I absolutely love them...they are the BEST bdy scrubs I have ever tried. My favorite scents are Embrace Romance and Embrace Dreams.

on 11/3/2004 10:15:00 PM

While I didn't take kindly to this particular scent, the scrub itself was just awesome. Perfect for exfolisting or shaving. Too bad it's a limited edition.

on 2/13/2004 9:45:00 AM

I love this product!! More gentle than the traditional MK scrub. The sugar granules gently melt as you exfoliate and the scent is divine.
It reminds me of lemonade on a hot summer day. Very fresh and delicious smelling.

on 1/25/2004 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I prefer sugar scrubs over salt scrubs since they are usually not oil based, don't sting, and tend to be cleansing/exfoliating at the same time. Unfortunately for me, Mary Kay's sugar scrub has more characteristics of an oil-based scrub. The first ingredient in this is mineral oil, and there is a warning on the tube to 'use care ... as tub or shower surface may become slippery'. I like to use scrubs in the tub prior to shaving my legs, for exfoliation, so this just resulted in a gunky razor blade and gummy bathtub. To be fair, I can't take points off the product simply because it doesn't work for my preferred method of usage. It's a decent scrub, smells delicious (very reminiscent of Velocity), and is not overly rough. If you have sensitive skin, or if you like to use scrubs in the shower post-cleansing, this would probably be ideal. It moisturizes well, is gentle, and leaves a nice scent on the skin. For me though, for the price ($14 for 6.2 oz.) I'd take one of the Victoria's Secret sugar scrubs over this any day. This is limited edition and comes in three other fragrances.