April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - DHC - oil-free eye makeup remover

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by fenggg

I bought this on special on sasa.com Overall i like how tough it is that it removes my waterproof eyeliners. However, half of the bottle is indeed oil, so my face feels pretty oily. But i usually rinse my face again to get rid of the oil, so im quite happy with the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye make up remover did not work well for me. In the first place, the bottle opening is so small that it is hard to get enough product out and on to the cotton ball or q-tip. It is really oily and left my whole eye area coated in oil. It can sting if it gets in your eye. It also did not take off my mascara well. I use Big Lash. It does do a decent job of taking off eye shadow,liner and concealer. I use Vichy or Klorane (my favorites) or sometimes Lancome Bi-facil. Bi-facil works really well with waterproof mascara and the newer waterproof liners like the UD ones but it leaves an oily residue that has to be removed with another product. The DHC is just not worth the work. Sadly, I had to throw out my bottle. The DHC face oil make-up remover, however, is a great product. It takes off everything and washes off easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by chloechan88

This so called "eye makeup remover " can't remove waterproof mascara at all. Well, you know, there's no point to use an eye makeup remover when you're wearing the non-waterproof eyemakeup, right? That being said, this thing is a total rubbish. I didn't give it 1 on overall rating b/c I love most DHC products. Lancome eye makeup remover is so much better than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by gudruncaffrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eye makeup remover because DHC's deep cleansing oil was not doing the job.

Easier on my eyes than the DCO and reasonably priced -$10-12 I think. But would rather have one cleanser that worked so this wouldn't be necessary.

Not a bad item, but will keep searching for an oil cleanser that will remove eye makeup better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by yuckyuks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is only okay and I will not be purchasing again. If I wore lighter eye makeup - i.e., non-waterproof mascara - I'd probably come back to this. However, I keep finding that while it'll remove my eyeshadow/eyeliner well, it won't completely get rid of my mascara so I end up having to use something else anyway. Why bother when there are so many better ones out there? DHC's oil cleanser is much better at removing eye makeup, and is probably even more gentle as there's less opportunity to rub at your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by yu

Only tried it in sample, and glad I did before almost buy it. It did not do anything to remove my mascara and stung my eyes really bad. Guess a soap would do better than it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by samsammimilili

I've used up so many bottles of this makeup remover. I NEVER thought I would used oil to clean my face but I love doing it now. I have acne-prone skin so I don't use this regularly. This is the only thing I use to remove my makeup but I do use it as a cleanser when my skin feels dry. Bottom line, I cannot live w/o it! Definitely recommended!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 1:42:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is your run-of-the-mill makeup remover. It was very effective and removed all of my eyeshadow, eyeshadow base, MAC fluidline and waterproof mascara. However, I'm already quite happy with my HG drugstore makeup remover (Neutrogena oil free) so I doubt I'd pay more to buy something that performs the same.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2006 7:44:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I tried a sample of this and didn't like it at all. I wear waterproof mascara and it didn't do a thing to remove it. It just sudsed up and stung my eyes a bit when it seeped into them. I was better off using a bit of cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup as before. Ironically, DHC's Deep Cleansing oil works way, way better at removing stubborn eye makeup than this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2006 1:24:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a bad eye makeup remover, I have tried much worse. Does not leave a greasy residue on lids and does not make the eye area dry/crapey, BUT, it is kind of hard to remove mascara (I don't even wear waterproof). I like DHC's Deep Cleansing Oil or Pond's way BETTER to take off eye makeup. This is just average and way too expensive.