November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Lip Liners - NARS - lip liners

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the pencil Jungle Red to go with my lipstick (same shade by NARS), and even though it was expensive I think it's worth the money. First because it's a perfect match, and second, because it's creamy and longlasting. I wouldn't buy this in other shades because of the price, but for having red matte lips, definitely worth it. Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I expected more from this product. It is dry, does not wear at all and the pigments are disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by courtcosso

I am on an eternal quest to find a natural looking lipliner that goes with everything and that won't age me, as most lipliners tend to do. I recently purchased Nars lip liner in Tonga, which is a new color for the summer, and...i'm in love!! it truly is my new HG neutral liner. The formula is incredibly creamy and is basically a soft, natural lip color with a slight pearl sheen. it looks gorgeous with everything from clear balm or gloss (great with MAC clear lip glass, if you don't mind sticky glosses) to pigmented lipstick. I have been wearing Tonga with Smashbox gloss in Smashing Pout and it truly gives me a great fresh glow that is incredibly soft and subtle and gorgeous! I would write a direct review for Tonga but it seems as if there are no reviews yet!! Anyone know how to write the first review for a product??

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have Ecuador, which is a spicy, deep red. The color pairs nicely with a few lipsticks I own, but I'm not crazy about the texture. It's pretty dry and doesn't blend naturally into my lips, so it tends to look fairly obvious without investing more time than I'd like to spend. Meh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 1:58:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

I really like my NARS lip liners but I feel like you don't get as much product for your money as you do with other lines, like MAC. So that's why it has the 4 lippies. Right now I love my Jilted Lover, it is like no other pink I have and goes great with pale pink shaeds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the Nars liners. I have two up till now in Rosebud and Heat Wave (to match the lipstick). I really like their consistency- not too hard and not too soft. This way they stay put perfectly and dont smudge or bleed and stay in place for a long time. I will definitely buy more depending on my colour needs.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by xquisite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I like the colour I have in this - Rosebud. It's a neutral light pink on my very pigmented lips, and the SA put it on before putting Baby Doll lacquer on top (Nice colour combo).

But I don't find this creamy at ALL. The texture is so disappointing considering the price - esp. in Australia! I'm sure there are many low-end brands that don't rip my lips up as much as this!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2003 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Pippogirl

I have this in Salsa, which looks like a red-brown--well, it IS a red-brown. But when I apply it lightly and blend, it ends up looking like the same color that my lips look right after I eat something spicy (the sort of "flushed" look). I like this because it gives my lips some color while still looking very natural. I agree with the other reviewers that this does have a dry texture, but I generally apply a little lip balm beforehand to make it go on smoothly, and then some afterward for shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2003 6:02:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

a good lip liner...nice texture, wearability.
i have this in heat wave, a VERY BRIGHT reddish-orangey colour. Alone, it hurts the eyes, but tempered with a nice coral or yellow-based red lipgloss, it adds a lot of oomph to the lips.
not a good colour choice for PPP's, or cool skin tones..
great with a tan, and i imagine it would look superb with olive toned skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 2:31:00 AM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The texture of these seem okay, but I'm a bit perturbed that there is no true nude shade to be found in the collection. The closest I found was Fantasia, but that went on orange on me, which was not cool. I'm still hunting for the perfect beige nude lipliner to tone down my natural lipcolor so light shades will actually show up on me. Wish me luck! :)