August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Forever Metallics-Berry Bronze

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Got this today for a $1! Not a bad choice actually. There is no smell, ( You all know by now...I love a lippie that smells nice) but for a buck, I can live with it. This color is quite nice. It is sort of a mauve with hints of blue and pink. It goes on nicely and seems to wear well. The taste, there really is none that I can tell. There is a bit of shine to it, but not enough to call it sparkle and I do like that. It is moist and creamy too. Overall, not a bad pick for a put it on and go lipstick. I will buy more of these just to have them on hand in different colors. Can't go wrong for a $1 with this one ladies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2006 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

My favorite Walgreens had the Forever Metallics line on clearance for $1.79, so I popped for Berry Bronze. The shade name is puzzling, as it's a cool-toned vivid purple-pink with no trace of either berry or bronze. I would not describe it as fuchsia, as that suggests more red and less purple. The weird thing is that when I wipe this off my lips, the tissue shows a bronze undertone, but not a hint of that bronze shows up on my lips! It's like invisible ink that you need a special decoder to see. I have to say, although this is not the most flattering shade on me, it is really pretty if you're into bright tropical colors. The formula is really nice (lasts several hours, feels moisturizing, wears off evenly, creates a defined & opaque lip) and I just *adore* the cute metallic packaging. It manages to look futuristic and '80s-esque at the same time, the perfect complement to an unusual color.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2005 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ddai100

I bought this one on a whim. I had never bought Maybelline before. But, I kept seeing it on the advertisement. It looked so fabulous on Adriana Lima. It did look quite as good on me (rule no. 1 in buying makeup: it always looks better on the supermodel). A pretty good lipstick, just not as metallic as I had hoped. It does have a nice shine to it.

I love the packaging. It comes in a small, shiny metallic tube, and it's very easy to put on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2004 8:43:00 PM More reviews by BootsieMaeStar

I am very fair with blue eyes, and I like the look of a bright lipstick to brighten up my look. I love pinkish/purples and reds. This is one of my favorite purplish colors, I don't see any metallic in it, but it certainly is a beautiful color and I adore the packaging, the tube is a adorable. Edit-I ended up being allergic to the formula, it gave me small blisters all over my lips, otherwise it is still a beautiful color, too bad I am allergic.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2004 6:27:00 PM More reviews by kana

i'm not a lipstick girl, i wear lipgloss most of the time. lately i luve the look of bright lips so i searched for a lipstick in drugstore since my lip is very pigmented & i don't want to spend a fortune on one. Maybelline forever metallics was on sale in SDM, i tried on Berry Bronze and was totally amazed by how pretty it looks !! it's bright fuchsia on my lips, it's so so pretty !! Agree with other reviewers, this one is not that shimmering comparing to other colors in the same line, but there is still subtle shine. (i don't see any bronze in this product at all...at least it doesn't show on me) For a price of under CAD$9, i think this is a great deal, and i'm going back to get more colors. oh, did i mention it's very moisturizing as well, it's such an ease applying this baby on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This is a fushia color with blue undertones, not bronzey at all. Not sure why they put the word bronze in the name. I found this to be too dark for my skin tone, but might work for someone with med. to dark skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2004 9:28:00 AM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first Forever lipstick, I had been thinking of buying one, but couldn't find a shade that didn't look too dark and harsh, until I saw the diplays for the Metallic colors, many of the shades look wearable and not overly dark.I have to say the packaging is wonderful IMHO, a metallic purple tube w/a rounded top.Berry Bronze is a vibrant fuschia w/blue undertones in the tube but must be builded to acheive that look on the lips. Used lightly the color is a nice bright cool pink. I choose to apply more than one coat and got a great BRIGHT pink lip w/just a hint of the bronze mentioned in the name. It does not look metallic IMHO, but color did stay on without wearing off, and left a beautiful stain of pink when it finally did. This product may very well change my ideas of long lasting lipsticks in general. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bones_skin_n_harmony

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Packaging is too cute, and price is affordable and cheap. I've been looking for a color like this that is similiar to my Lancome Champagne. It's one of the colors I wear most, and looks best on me. This color is a vibrant berry color, and yes it's kind of metallic but I would say a more matte kind if that makes any sense. The staying power was medium. I had to reapply after eating, but at the end of the night it still looked good. My new favorite until I find a better quality lipstick!