September 19, 2014 | 1639 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Dry & Brittle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Cornflakes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the original Nail Envy for quite awhile and then suddenly my nails started peeling and breaking like crazy. They were very brittle and fragile. So one day I was at the Sally Beauty and I saw the Dry & Brittle Nail Envy. It was a little pricey, but I decided to try it.

I've stopped painting my nails for the past few weeks to give them a little break from the years of constant color polish, and I've just been using this Nail Envy. I followed the directions -- apply 2 coats, then reapply a coat every other day or so. A few weeks later, my nails are in much better shape. They've grown nice and long because the splits and breaks are gone. I had one nail corner break off a little the other day so I can't say that it's a miracle product, but I'll most likely buy more again when I run out. And by the way, it serves as a good basecoat for color polish, just like the original Nail Envy.

It's worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I definitely think the overall review for this product should be higher. I'm very skeptical about polishes that claim to make nails stronger and grow, but this did exactly that for me. The best part is that it doesn't peel like the Nailtiques brand. I'd had problems with breaking and splitting until I tried this product for 2 weeks. Now I cannot do without it and highly recommend .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by OhRandi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All the negative reviews surprise me.. I love this stuff. I have nails that are very thick and grow fast, BUT they flake off when they start to grow out. I followed the directions on the bottle, 2 coats initially and one coat a day for a week, then take it off and start over. At first I was very disappointed, I saw no difference. But I stuck with it, mostly because I liked how my nails were shiny, and about a month later, I magically had nails that were long and NOT flaking, it was amazing. Now I swear by this. Just give it some time before saying it doesn't work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ulta was out of the Original Formula, so I bought this. What a mistake, it was thick & gunky only after 1/3 of the bottle was gone. It didn't adhere as well as the Original formula. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 10:16:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I had this Dry & Brittle before I tried Original Nail Envy, which I got from Ulta's clearance bin with half price. I like Original (matte finish) better. Anyway, I had this one so I use this as top coat. I use Original Nail Envy as base coat and polish in the middle. All of them are single coat. My pretty nails with super shine and smooth last about 10 days without drying, peeling, chipping, etc. I can't keep more than 10 days as my nails keep growing so have to remove them all. A bottle seems to last years. I will purchase Original Nail Envy but if I can find bargain for this D&B, I'll also purchase to use as top coat.

I buffed my nails and waited about 30 min. after washing so my nails are completely clean and dry before applying OPI. I also patiently waited between coats. That's why they last very long. I did mine during TV commercials so every commercial break, I painted each layer without interrupting my fav. shows :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2004 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Natasha79

I love the original Nail Envy, so I had no doubts that I'd love Dry&Brittle even more. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. This product stinks, as much as I hate to admit it. It did nothing for strengthening my nails, and in fact made them worse because it kept peeling and taking 'layers' of my nails with it. Gross. I suggest sticking to the original formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2004 2:23:00 PM More reviews by MelissaLG

This product has been a literal life saver for my nails! I have been using it for two weeks and I've had NO splits, chips, breaks, etc. AND my nails actually are a healthier looking color! I have always had naturally pretty good nails but this winter has been hard on my hands and nails. The cold air outside and the dry air of the heater inside has made my nails dry and brittle. Overall, this product is EXCELLENT and I will be repurchasing.