Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 3/1/2015 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high expectations for this from all of the good reviews! Absolutely dissapointed! You have to know how to use it and the proportions of both of the shades and I already knew how to but it creased badly within 4-5 hours like tiny skin-coloured ice bergs on my forehead and it was embarrasing! My friends ( including my crush) went to the beach and this is the only thing covering my acne and under the sunlight my friends told me that my concealer cresed and I applied some of my concealer on my other's friend face too and It also creased on hers! I should have tried the Nars creamy concealer.. Utterly dissapointed

on 2/18/2015 11:06:00 PM

This concealer is just meant for me! I have quiet a few of blemishes and occasionally acne due to my oily / combination skin, but I don't like heavy make up to cover them up. So this product will do the cover right on the spot, and I can still wear light makeup on the rest of my face. Use it with the secret camouflage brush to give a perfect result. It's pricey but given the amount of the product on the pot and the tiny amount I need to use, I think it will last forever :p. I would repurchase when I run out of it.. which I don't know when.

on 2/11/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Having bought this product a little over 10 years ago when it was first a cult favorite, I have to say, I wasn't really that impressed, however, I do think I bought the wrong color. So I threw it out, never to be looked at again.

I have some dark sun spots on my face and regular concealer wasn't staying put throughout the day, so I thought I would give it another try.
Holy heck, this product is great! I read one review that said the product was a little hard in the beginning but once you get past the first layer, it's the creamiest concealer.
The 2 shades work very well together, and my concealer didn't budge at all! This will be a staple for me in the future.

I think the price is very good for the amount you get, there is a ton of product, and since you don't need much product to cover spots, you're good for a while. My only con is the packaging seems a little unsanitary, however, I am using this only on myself. If I were to use this on clients, I would absolutely scoop this out in a spatula.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

AMAZING stuff!! it's a waxy consistency so it really stays put. if you're a little on the dryer side, a bit too much can accentuate dry patches. Mix it with a little argan, or maracuja oil though and it will have the same amazing coverage without it being too drying for your face. This is what I do, (thanks to Gossmakeup), and I'm even able to use this concealer during the winter.

Love this concealer, would highly recommend. Two shades - one to cover imperfections, and the other is perfect for undereye coverage.

on 1/20/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I wanted something heavy duty to cover blemishes and other imperfections. Now, I don't use this every day as it is heavy and time consuming to use but I am grateful to have this in my makeup arsenal for days when my skin just looks like absolute poop or when I want to look flawless in photos. Application is inconvenient and as mentioned by other reviewers; you need to scrape it out and mix it up a bit in order to melt it down to a usable formula. It is quite dry and thick so you do not want to apply it over any dry or flaky skin. It has extraordinary coverage though and I know I can rely on it to cover all my redness and acne scars as well as last for the whole day if set with powder properly. Sometimes I add a more liquidy concealer to it (just a dab) when mixing to help it thin out. You also only need to scrape the tiniest bit out for each use as a little bit goes a long way. I have this in SC-2 and I nearly always use the lighter flesh toned shade on the left or mix the two shades together. The peachier shade on the right looks like it would be ideal for under the eyes but the texture of the product intimidates me as I am quite dry there. For the most part that side is neglected, although I might try mixing it with another concealer in order to get it to work under the eyes. To conclude - this is a very useful product to have if you NEED to cover something on the face, but it isn't something I would want to put on my face regularly.

on 1/14/2015 4:13:00 PM

I love love love this concealer! I love the dual purpose of it. You can use it for your under eye circles and also any blemishes or redness. It is smooth and creamy and I find blends easiest with your finger tips. Set with a powder I have very little creasing if any eith this product. But during the warmer months I tend to shy away from this because I feel it melts away.

on 12/28/2014 5:44:00 PM

HG concealer! Currently using SC-3. With two shades I can use either or depending on if I'm more pale/tan, usually I blend the two sides together to get the perfect shade. Only dislike is the packaging can be unsanitary, I would advise not using your fingers directly on the palettes, instead use a scoop/spoon/anything really that you can scrape the product out with.

I have combination skin with mild acne and this is the best concealer I have found for covering both redness and blemishes. It smooths over red blemishes and acne scars covering them completely! This is a FULL COVER concealer and if you've ever tried patting layers of concealers over blemishes to no avail (as I have) - this is your product!

The key to using this product is that your skin must be PROPERLY MOISTURISED (if your skin is dry and flaking and not moisturized/not exfoliated then it's not going to look as smooth!) before hand and you should WARM UP the product. Warming up the product is key! It is a solid, hard consistency in the palette and it will not blend nicely if you try to just smudge it on (especially on dry skin). I usually scrape out a bit of product with a scoop and then blend it together either on the back of my hand (clean hands! or you could use a brush/surface) until it is a very creamy consistency. Once you have warmed it up it will smooth beautifully over skin.

I use it quite a lot on my face, to cover redness on cheeks and blemishes and it has never broken me out. Highly recommend you give this a try if you've struggled with covering acne/redness!

on 12/23/2014 6:39:00 PM

I have this in SC-1 and mix the two colors in the compact to make a shade that matches my skin. I really struggled with this concealer when I first purchased it, and was initially trying to use it under my eyes and it looked really cakey and horrible and creased even after I set it with powder. However, I've now switched to using it only for blemishes and it works much better for me this way. It does last very long over blemishes if set with a powder, and can look very good if applied with a light hand.

on 12/13/2014 7:24:00 AM

Love this concealer I'm an SC-1 in this and the shades mix perfectly to match my skin tone. I have a little metal spatula that I use and I scrape out a little of the lightest shade first then I add a little of the darker shade on the back of my hand. As has been said many times it has to warm up. I use the LM concealer brush with this as well and I use that to mix the 2 shades. Then apply this to my eyes where there is a little blue, my broken capillary, and a few tiny spots because I'm so PMSing! This covers them perfectly without caking at all! It's very opaque and a little really goes a long way.

I really like the consistency of this for my skin which is combo oily in my t zone and this does not budge once I apply. I then set with powder and I'm good all day. I like to apply this after foundation as well as that works best for me. I only need the smallest amount. A little more than the size of a pin to get all my imperfections. Once I'm done my skin looks flawless it really is amazing. This has replaced my Tarte Creasless Concealer as I like the consistency better with the Laura Mercier as its not as creamy. The Tarte could sometimes slide whereas this goes on and doesn't move. When I cover a spot I then take my finger and hold it over the spot to warm it some more and I pat a little and it just melts in. I would repurchase this without a doubt and would tell my friends who want a really good concealer that stays put! Doesn't break me out either. Love this! So Recommended!

on 10/21/2014 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have bad acne and I find this is the best concealer. I have tried loads and absolutely love this product. Covers really well without looking cakey. Amazing!