Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage

3.9

(SC-1 SC-8): Diethylene Glycol, Diethylhexanoate/Diisononanoate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Polymethyl Methacrylate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopherol, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Water (Aqua), Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Honey Extract (Mel), Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019). May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Finally! I've been searching for a concealer that would sufficiently cover the broken capillaries on my nose while staying put. This is the product. The dryness of the product is the key to the product not melting away. Unfortunately I use the dark side more often than the light, so I'll have to repurchase with a significant amount of the lighter side still intact.

This is my go-to product when I want to conceal my mild undereye circles and any mild redness on my skin.

This product goes on pretty dry, so I can layer it on very nicely.. I always use a brush with this, but fingers work in a pinch.

I typically use SC3 (I'm an MUFE 117) and it covers my trouble areas very nicely.

Trouble comes when I want to cover acne scars - it just doesn't work on those, or if you have a healing pimple that's darkened? Forget it, it won't do anything no matter how much you layer on.

I really NEED concealers. This really works for me in those corners of my nose right above the tear trough. Amazing the difference it makes! 1 lippie off for price.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I haven't tried of the techniques suggested (apart from patting the brush on my face which is the only way to make the concealer adhere to my skin) and I definitely use loads of product. Unhappy? No way. No matter how many layers I cake myself on, this stuff looks so natural I am not even bothered to try. But I will one day for the sake of economy.
The other great thing about this product is that is last about 12 hours on my skin. I'm not joking. I used to wear MAC prolongwear liquid concealer which would disappear with the application of powder to set. It doesn't happen with Secret Camouflage, my new best friend.
For reference, I cover dark spots that have been on my cheek bones for years, where my skin is normal.

This is a wonderful product... If you know how to use it!
The best way I've found is to mix it on the back of your hand and use the product on your hand to apply to your face, don't take it straight from the pan whatever you do! Less is more, and apply AFTER foundation otherwise you'll just rub it all off.
Many other people have recommended watching Lisa Eldridge's demonstrations, which are definitely very helpful.
While some people might find it a pain, I love that I can mix my own colour because it means I can customise it to the exact colour of my foundation, or to my bare skin (my body is slightly darker than my face because I tend to forget spf everywhere but my face).

I'm only giving it a 4/5 because it's a bit tricky if you're new to using makeup.

1/5 for the price because I live in Australia and all makeup is ridiculous compared to US prices!

I use this every day and even take it in my handbag, not that I often need to touch up- I like the mirror :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very good concealer. The price might seem high, but it lasts forever. I used one pot for about five years, being very careful with keeping it clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yes, I also bought this because I trust Lisa Eldridge and also Goss and others

This is a great product of you

1) Really only use the tiny brush and apply directly to the area and pat out

2) moisturize first

3) set it

It is SO natural and the coverage is great

DO NOT apply over large areas.

I DO use tiny amounts under my eye but really extremely little on areas of darkness. I use the same eyeliner point brush for everything

Really enjoy using this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okey, so i bought this yesterday and i'm already in love. It's just fantastic. I'm very pale so the color sc-1 is good for me, not perfect but close enough. I use it with a brush from real techniques (the small one in the Core Collection) and that works really good! I take a dab from the light side and then a dab from the dark side and then start to cover up small imperfections, you need very little. Because of my pale skin i've got a lot of blue around my eyes and a lot of veins (?) around my eyes that always have bothered me but not anymore, it can easily be to heavy around the eyes if you take to much but i've heard that you can mix the LM concealer with your foundation for a good under-eye concealer so i will try with that! And yes of course it was from Lisa Eldridge i heard about this product for the first time!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I finally succombed to the bandwagon on secret camouflage and my only regret is waiting so long to have done so. I purchased the SC-6 and tend to only use the darker color , the lighter almost seems orange. It took some time to get the hang of the texture and how to apply , once I had that down then it's easy to have that almost perfect skin. I use a mixture of brushes depending on the area I want to cover and then I use a clean flat head brush to blend everything. Blending is the key with this concealer if not it can settle and can be obvious.

I did not give it full lippies because I do think that it's not that easy to to use, and getting the right balance of color can be tricky. The one big drawback is that the surface area is wide so which means that it easily dries out , I'm not sure what the perfect presentation would be but there has to be something better.

I'm a big fan of Lisa Eldridge and it really is true, you do photoshop yourself :) I strongly recommend this product, but give yourself some playing time with it before.

First SC1 lasted 2years, just bought new one (SC2) after trying other brands.

If you are not satisfied, I highly recommend that you watch makeupartist Lisa Eldrige video on youtube about concealing. It sums up pretty much the proper way of using this and other concealing products. If still doesn't work for you, well, good luck in finding what does :)

1) Blemishes/acne scars/pimples - coverage perfect, nothing seems to hide redness as this. I use lip brush for pinpoint concealing + powder for fixing.
2) When I have severe darkness under eyes, I use a tiny bit mixed with reflecting under eye concealer. I have dry skin so I do this right after eye cream to avoid the cakey look.
3) I use it daily on my whole upper lid (it tends to get dark also) and fix it with powder. This creates a perfect non-creasing eye shadow base and completely makes me look more awake if I don't use eye shadow that day.
4) For days/events when I have full coverage, I also blend a bit right after foundation on places that tend to be a bit red (nose, chin...)

*SC2 works good with pale skin that tends to become easily dark in summer and has olive/yellow undertone (I would say mediterranean skin)