January 29, 2015 | 1336 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2015 11:53:00 PM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted something heavy duty to cover blemishes and other imperfections. Now, I don't use this every day as it is heavy and time consuming to use but I am grateful to have this in my makeup arsenal for days when my skin just looks like absolute poop or when I want to look flawless in photos. Application is inconvenient and as mentioned by other reviewers; you need to scrape it out and mix it up a bit in order to melt it down to a usable formula. It is quite dry and thick so you do not want to apply it over any dry or flaky skin. It has extraordinary coverage though and I know I can rely on it to cover all my redness and acne scars as well as last for the whole day if set with powder properly. Sometimes I add a more liquidy concealer to it (just a dab) when mixing to help it thin out. You also only need to scrape the tiniest bit out for each use as a little bit goes a long way. I have this in SC-2 and I nearly always use the lighter flesh toned shade on the left or mix the two shades together. The peachier shade on the right looks like it would be ideal for under the eyes but the texture of the product intimidates me as I am quite dry there. For the most part that side is neglected, although I might try mixing it with another concealer in order to get it to work under the eyes. To conclude - this is a very useful product to have if you NEED to cover something on the face, but it isn't something I would want to put on my face regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2015 4:13:00 PM More reviews by nosemajaras

I love love love this concealer! I love the dual purpose of it. You can use it for your under eye circles and also any blemishes or redness. It is smooth and creamy and I find blends easiest with your finger tips. Set with a powder I have very little creasing if any eith this product. But during the warmer months I tend to shy away from this because I feel it melts away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmurs

HG concealer! Currently using SC-3. With two shades I can use either or depending on if I'm more pale/tan, usually I blend the two sides together to get the perfect shade. Only dislike is the packaging can be unsanitary, I would advise not using your fingers directly on the palettes, instead use a scoop/spoon/anything really that you can scrape the product out with.

I have combination skin with mild acne and this is the best concealer I have found for covering both redness and blemishes. It smooths over red blemishes and acne scars covering them completely! This is a FULL COVER concealer and if you've ever tried patting layers of concealers over blemishes to no avail (as I have) - this is your product!

The key to using this product is that your skin must be PROPERLY MOISTURISED (if your skin is dry and flaking and not moisturized/not exfoliated then it's not going to look as smooth!) before hand and you should WARM UP the product. Warming up the product is key! It is a solid, hard consistency in the palette and it will not blend nicely if you try to just smudge it on (especially on dry skin). I usually scrape out a bit of product with a scoop and then blend it together either on the back of my hand (clean hands! or you could use a brush/surface) until it is a very creamy consistency. Once you have warmed it up it will smooth beautifully over skin.

I use it quite a lot on my face, to cover redness on cheeks and blemishes and it has never broken me out. Highly recommend you give this a try if you've struggled with covering acne/redness!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hannyblush123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in SC-1 and mix the two colors in the compact to make a shade that matches my skin. I really struggled with this concealer when I first purchased it, and was initially trying to use it under my eyes and it looked really cakey and horrible and creased even after I set it with powder. However, I've now switched to using it only for blemishes and it works much better for me this way. It does last very long over blemishes if set with a powder, and can look very good if applied with a light hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this concealer I'm an SC-1 in this and the shades mix perfectly to match my skin tone. I have a little metal spatula that I use and I scrape out a little of the lightest shade first then I add a little of the darker shade on the back of my hand. As has been said many times it has to warm up. I use the LM concealer brush with this as well and I use that to mix the 2 shades. Then apply this to my eyes where there is a little blue, my broken capillary, and a few tiny spots because I'm so PMSing! This covers them perfectly without caking at all! It's very opaque and a little really goes a long way.

I really like the consistency of this for my skin which is combo oily in my t zone and this does not budge once I apply. I then set with powder and I'm good all day. I like to apply this after foundation as well as that works best for me. I only need the smallest amount. A little more than the size of a pin to get all my imperfections. Once I'm done my skin looks flawless it really is amazing. This has replaced my Tarte Creasless Concealer as I like the consistency better with the Laura Mercier as its not as creamy. The Tarte could sometimes slide whereas this goes on and doesn't move. When I cover a spot I then take my finger and hold it over the spot to warm it some more and I pat a little and it just melts in. I would repurchase this without a doubt and would tell my friends who want a really good concealer that stays put! Doesn't break me out either. Love this! So Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Becca2319

I have bad acne and I find this is the best concealer. I have tried loads and absolutely love this product. Covers really well without looking cakey. Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LWLook

For me, this is my HG concealer.
It comes with two different shades in the compact which lets you mix to a good color match for your skin.
I'm super pale, so SC-1 works for me when I mix the lighter and darker shades.
Keep in mind that this is a very dry and very pigmented concealer.
I only use a tiny brush to do pinpoint concealing, but it's tough to use it in larger areas and not have it look cakey unless you're mixing it with a primer or lotion into the consistency of a foundation.
I do use it for concealing under eye darkness, but only when I've moisturized well underneath, and only when I've mixed it with another concealer that has a little more slip to it.
When it's blended out with a damp makeup sponge it looks pretty natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by lmoyniha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is always in handbag, always. I've been using SC2 for years; I use it with a fine brush to cover any blemishes and as it's densely pigmented it does a great job. I also sometimes just use my fingers on the go to dab it around my nose/chin area which can get a little red. I love it and will never be without it! A fab easy to use consistency and reliable staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

It's not that this concealer is DRY, it's just that it is quite hard-set at room temperature, so application technique is very important.This NEEDS a brush, otherwise it will apply dry and cakey, and you will not get as much coverage using your fingers. If you're in a rush, you can just rub the brush in it and apply it straight to your face and it will look good. But the BEST results happen when you take one side of your brush for the light colour and the other for the dark colour, work the brush into the back of your hand to heat it up and then apply it to your face in small strokes. The results are FLAWLESS; it looks like natural skin. It is the best concealer by far for blemishes. I still find it very good for my under eyes if I ensure that the product is heated enough and I use a brush, otherwise it is much too dry, so if I'm in a mega rush I stick to my liquid concealer.

It is expensive, but you get a lot of product and you don't need a lot per use. It is also very useful having two different shades to accommodate fluctuations in tan, and different parts of your face, for example you might use a lighter concealer under your eyes than you would for your chin.

This really is amazing, you just need to use it the right way. :) The shade range is also very, very flattering.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Loving this even more than my long-time fave MAC Prolongwear. I got this in the Flawless Face kit so the price worked out well. Mine also has the concealer and corrector on too with the setting powder on bottom. The kit came with brushes that I really like, but find the lighter color applies best with fingers. As long as I use this sparingly it does not crease on me.