December 21, 2014 | 1950 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Jumbo Lip Pencil - Soft Fuschia 721

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

I have a couple of these and since they are pretty compact, they are easy to keep in my pocket at work for a touch up. The consistency is pretty light, almost like a lip balm. Wear is on par with other lip balms, it is pretty glossy and doesn't last very long. Like the others said, the color really isn't fuschia. It comes off more as a matte, pinky, brownish nude color, not much purple, if any, comes through when it is applied, although I've noticed that if I've been re-applying and wearing it all day, that my lips are stained more of a pinky, purplish color when I remove it. I also own this pencil in the shade pecan and the colors are very similar with pecan being a little browner. I haven't had any issues with the caps breaking or coming off with either of my pencils so far. I prefer the jumbo lip pencils that twist up rather than ones like these NYX that need to be sharpened. Unlike regular eyeliners or lip pencils,these jumbo lip pencils are very soft and leave a mess in my sharpener that I have to dig out when I need to restore the point. I'll purchase again when I'm done because the price is right (I always stock up at Ulta when NYX is BOGO 50% off) and the color suits me very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MonicaTerese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! I've been looking for the perfect nude lip pencil and this is my go to product when I want to achieve a soft nude lip, as flesh toned ones make me look like a corpse. I was surprised by the name because it is definitely not fuchsia. Its more of a mid-toned berry with brown undertones. Its nice and moisturizing, which is probably why it doesn't wear too long, so if youre looking for a lip product you wont have to touch up throughout the day this isn't it. Also, the plastic lid is awful so be prepared to make this product live in a small plastic baggy for the rest of its life. Especially if you plan on throwing it in your makeup bag. Overall I really do love this product and its become a staple in my makeup collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by demiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The cap keeps coming off so i push a little too hard and it broke. This color is a nude pink. I wear it to work. Doesnt dry the lips but doesnt last like other brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brilliant product - worst packaging on the face of this planet. I bought several colors and loved them all. They are pigmented, apply nicely, and last. The cap is a total piece of death crap which caused a huge mess in my makeup bag because it would not stay on. It wasn't a fluke as they were all crap.

I threw them all out during the holidays. The reason I am writing this review now is because I just pulled out my little mirror and it STILL has lipstick all in the grooves. I have never dismissed a product solely based on packaging before this disappointment. I would give this amazing product 1 lippie just for the packaging. :-(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would say it's pink with brown undertones. It's not exactly suitable for summer, but it's very, very neutral. I liked how easy it was work with. The color applied smoothly and did not feather. It's fairly moisturizing and creamy - but not overly so as to be uncomfortable. I've had this for a year, and it hasn't gone bad (which I found to be a problem with the other products I brought from NYX).

There's no smell. The packaging's not that great, but it's definitely serviceable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Found out about this little gem through reviews here on MA. This has become my go-to lipstick. Not quite sure how to describe the color but it's not even close to a fuschia! Texture is creamy yet sheer enough that the color changes on me depending on which color I line & fill-in my lips in w/ 1st. On it's own it's a brownish, warm pinkish-peach (as oppossed to peachy-pink) w/ a hint of shimmer. Not great staying power and pretty sloppy as a liner but for the price, who cares!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

comes off very mauve/nude on my pigmented lips. formula is SO smooth! great lip pencil for the buck. bought at ulta. definitely NOT fuschia. i cant wear this alone but its great for blanking out the lips. i top with a pink gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color I love this pencil I love it! What a perfect shade for fall and winter. I wish the staying power was a bit better, but the color pay off is fabulous. I love these pencils and want more. The soft fushia is my favorite for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OK, so it isn't really fuschia....but why complain? It's an almost-nude, beautiful soft pink color, falling into the "my lips only better" category for me. I have fair skin, with only slightly pigmented lips, and this is just right for days when I don't really want to look like I have a lot of makeup on. The formula is very soft and creamy, and there is a slight sheen to it-I haven't experienced any dryness at all when using it. The application is smooth enough to wear it alone as lip color, or as a liner with a matching lipstick-this is such a flexible shade, it goes with many of my pink lipsticks. I have also worn it with a sweep of Vaseline or clear gloss for a casual bare look-great for mornings when I'm in a hurry!
I am very happy with this product, and would absolutely buy it again, but I do have two small quibbles-one is that the plastic cap seems to be very fragile, and gets crushed and splintered easily, even just riding around in a makeup bag. The other thing to be careful of is the soft consistency of this pencil-I have had a couple melt inside my purse on hot days. (Put it in the freezer for a bit when you get it home-it'll firm back up.) All in all, for the price-around three or four dollars-this is a great deal, and the color is just what I was looking for!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color....bought 2 and went back for 3 more. Perfect with a smokey eye and pale skin. Reminds me of Dolce Vita.