Chantecaille Shine Eye Shade in Quartz

4.5

on 6/27/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Neutral mauve with no brown tones, wears well when I'm less tanned, great mauve-skin tone for crease work. Very clean looking and brings out the green in my eyes. Pairs nicely with Perle. I prefer the BB shimmerwash for sheerer, glowier coverage. Coverage of this was more opaque. Wears more like a true e/s, IMO, than the veil of glow I was hoping for. That said, cleans up my eye area and never looks dirty or muddy. Very feminine and pretty. Looks a lot like LM's Topaz w/o the brown/bronze. Great crease/deepening tone if browns wear muddy and gray's wear ashy.

on 3/11/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Quartz (Shine) is a light to mid-toned fleshy pink. There isn't a lot to say about the color, other than it's a perfect complement for just about every Chantecaille eyeshadow I own. I like it best on the lid over Peony with Granite in the crease and Perle at the brow bone. Quartz is a great everyday color for my pink-porcelain skin and blue-grey-green eyes.

The texture is smooth and luminous, never sparkly or glittery. It's so soft I can apply with a fingertip, and it last all day without creasing. I prefer it to Rose Quartz, which is warmer on me. Quartz is one of the four Chante shadows I reach for nearly every day and one of the few I have repurchased.

on 10/1/2009 12:29:00 PM

As Quartz is more a soft mauve pink it is a beautiful colour particularly for green eyes, it makes them really stand out! It's a subtle everyday colour which is easy and beautiful to apply. If you have blue eyes go for the Rose Quartz, it's perfect!

Chantecaille's Quartz eyeshadow is a satiny, flesh-toned pink that flashes nude. Love the silky, velvety texture.Unique color!

on 5/6/2006 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow! What a believable, subtle yet flattering color on my hazel green eyes. The formula is unbeatable -- and yes, I've tried every brand out there. This color was made for my PPP cool complexion. It is def. a HG product for me.

on 2/15/2006 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Quartz is a shine eye shade in a shimmery pale pink rose color. Chantecaille is a huge waste of money IMO. Retailing for a crazy $26 these shadows look pretty but arent very pigmented and fade through the day even with a good base. I prefer more pigment. Too many better quality shadows out there. Comes in a single silver compact with white translucent lid. This is also available in the olivia Palette.

on 1/23/2004 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a shimmery, somewhat silvered pink-mauve-beige. Or something along those lines. Totally unique shade in my collection, although not a terribly exciting color. Makes a lovely wash or browbone highlighter. Silky texture, good pigment. Would probably buy this color again.

on 1/29/2003 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Soft rosey color with some warmth to it. Nice glimmer. Great for highlighting under the brows or bringing out deep set eyes. Good with nearly any eye/skin color combination. Goes on and blends beautifully wet or dry and stays nicely.