April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - High Impact Duo in Like Mink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:19:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I completely forgot I had this but once I dug it out again, I can't stop using it. It is the perfect duo to bring on holidays (or just yo use at home...) because these two colours are really all you need on a daily basis. I put the light champagne colour all over and then blend the champagne and brown colour together on the back of my hand and then put it onto the lid. Using the excess on the brush, I smudge it underneath my eyes. For night time, I use a little bit of black/brown kohl and then use the brown to soften it up on the upper lid and the outer 1/3 of the bottom.

Really complimentary towards any eye colour (and almost any skin colour, though I imagine that darker skinned ladies might have issues with the average pigmentation showing up...) but for reference, I'm Asian with light-medium warm toned skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

My all time favorite eyeshadow from Clinique. I've had this duo for years and years (7 years I want to say??) and it's still good and not dry. I feel like even just by using these two shades can provide a soft, sophisticated look. I also use the lighter shade as a highlight with other eyeshadows.
Just wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colours are so very wearable and can be made dramatic just by pointing the corners of your eyes! These are very nice colours for beginners, but I do think you will be able to find a cheaper alternative for this and save 10 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this set so much. These are the perfect colours for an everyday neutral eye. The champagne highlight-base colour is subtle and stunning, and the brown is not too light or dark, and can be used in different ways.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by TrisHermioneKatniss

I got these colours in an eyeshadow quad, and totally love them.
The cream is my favourite cream shade and is perfect for layering with other shadows, or used alone to shade darker areas of lid or highlight.
The darker brown is also great and, although a little underpigmented, if layered a bit can be brilliant. I like to use it with a lighter brown shade, and smudge; it makes for a brilliant autumn look. I also use this for my brows sometimes- the slight shimmer isn't really noticeable.
What means for me that I won't be repurchasing is the price- it's a little too hefty for me, especially for two shadows that, although good, aren't special in any way.
But all in all, good shadows if you don't mind the extreme price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'd get a GWP just to get this shadow duo, it's that good. The darker color shows up like a taupey brown on me in a very very good way. Perfect as a wash or crease color that truly brightenes the eye. Favourite shadow of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by annely

I love this eyeshadow duo! These are perfect for a simple, day-to-day look and are easy to blend together or with other brands of eyeshadows. They are shimmery, and do have some fallout, but that's expected of most powder eyeshadows. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lighter, champagne-y color and find myself using it much more often than its dark brown partner.
I think my biggest qualm with this duo is that the brown shadow is not as pigmented as I'd like it to be, especially given the generous price tag of C$24 per duo. I have $7 drugstore eyeshadow singles that provide a richer color per swipe for much cheaper. Nonetheless, it is buildable, so you can darken the color by layering it on. All in all, great eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Such a great duo! It's a very natural shimmery neutral duo that flatters pretty much every skin tone. It's very subtle, and I don't look overdone whenever I wear it, even though it has shimmer in it. I'll definitely repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMary3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore the colour of this eyeshadow duo, plus they're beautiful colours to be worn alone or blended together.
The texture of the shadow it soft silky, and it sticks to the skin.
With some vaseline underneath it stays on fo the entire day with little to no fallout.
It's 2 colours that could work with almost any skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Shocking44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a huge fan of neutrals, but when my aunty gave me a gift set from Clinique for Christmas (which had a mini version of this duo) and I put it on for the first time, I fell in love. I couldn't wear it during school, so I'd wear it any other chance I got to.
I used it all up, and have purchased the full size one, which was a bit pricey ($40AUD) but I had to have it! Its my favourite set of neutrals that are perfect for an every day 'office' look, a lazy weekend look, or really, for anything.
Really do recommend, and would buy it again!!