July 31, 2014 | 1787 users online

Eye Primer - Elizabeth Arden - Eye Fix Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:27:00 AM More reviews by sammylai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this primer applies smoothly onto my eyelids without any faults.

its probraly one of the best eye primers ive used so far.

it does the job and the eyeshadows stays in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I picked this eye primer up at TJMaxx for only $7 a while ago. The retail price for this teensy bottle is $21, so I picked up three bottles. I actually gave away one of them, because I am not close to using half the bottle. Even though it looks tiny, you barely need anything to prime your eyes.

I prefer this primer over the UDPP currently because not only was it cheaper from TJMaxx, but it does the same things as UDPP.

It prevents any thing, whether if be liner or shadow, from melding off my oily lids. It doesn't crease at all, and keeps my makeup lasting all day. Even my mascara! The mascara that smudges the most doesn't flake at all if I applied this primer on my lashes.

Overall, I really loved this product. It has a great, thick consistency that stuck everything on my lid. But, I would only repurchase if I could find it for $7 or something again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by rochaschung

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first eye shadow primer, and it is also the only eye shadow primer that doesn't give my eyelids break out. It comes with a sheer lotion texture, goes on eyelids smoothly and dries up quickly. On my oil lids, it does extend the staying power of powder shadow, but I find the shadow still creases after 6-ish hrs. I have also tried UDPP and ELF mineral primers. The staying power of UDPP and ELF primers definitely work better. But both of them give my eyelids break out so I never went back to them. Overall, I find EA's primer is a decent primer with a reasonable staying power. I also like the texture (light lotion-ish) and the tube package. It could be a very good primer for those who's eyelids aren't that oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had some years ago the white one that was a great eyeshadowfixer, but now it has changed in a pink color I found it a bad product that doesn't do his job.It is greasy and it fix nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Engjellusha

I love love this product the only reason I had to write a review here besides that this product is awesome I just found it at TJMAX store for only 7$ so I bought few of them for me friends and family

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad this product worked for other people but it just didn't do the job for me. It did not stop my shadow from creasing at all. I also really disliked the pinkish colour of the product, I felt that it did nothing for my eyes. This was the first eyeshadow primer I purchased and luckily I didn't give up after this one. Since then I have found several others that are miles ahead of this product, namely the ones by Nars and Bare Escentuals.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I work in a Shoppers that sells many eye shadow primers, and this is always my first pick to sell or use. It gives a nice matte finish, spreads easily, wears long. The tube lasts forever because you don't need a lot of this product to work with. It's one of the best I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Omykiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Just for the record, this was recommended to me by numerous gals and is the first eyeshadow primer I've ever tried.
That being said, I'll never NOT use a primer again! Love it! I was worried about the pinky tint (I have yellow undertones), but it blended over my eyelids effortlessly. When applied to my lower lashline, everything - eyeliner on the waterline, eyeshadow, foundation, concealer, whatever I do that day - stays exactly where it should. I also use it to prime a tiny red scar in my undereye area from a healing zit. I paid $28 CAD, which was steep for me, but I'm okay with it now after using it and realizing that this teeny bottle will last me a long time. I only use a pinhead size for each eye area.
Without primer I loose every speck of eyeshadow into my crease. What I realized while testing/playing with this product is that I had very minor creasing ONLY with my cheapest eyeshadows. When I used better quality eyeshadows (especially Revlon Matte shadows though not high-end), the shadow blended beautifully, had zero creasing and looked fresh right up until I washed it off before bed.
I will repurchase! :) How did I ever wear eyeshadow without primer before??!?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by DameEmma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm another one this works for. I haven't tried UD, and quite frankly, it's the same price at Sephora, so if this works, why switch? I got it with Shopper's Drug Mart points, so less of financial hit. I've had the same tube for over a year, so I'm not quite sure what the people who are blowing through a tube in 6 weeks are doing with it. A tiny amount does the trick with Sweet Libertine mineral eyeshadows, for sure.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what it is in this that irritates my eyes, but there were very unhappy with this product. I liked the application and the performance, but wow it makes my eyes hurt.