September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Scrubs - Neutrogena - Blackhead Eliminating Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Made my blackheads worse !!! and did nothing for my skin, would not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't eliminate anything... Not to mention it was messy!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product broke me out something chronic. I went back to it several times but still had the same problem. I would get really sore, cystic acne. It was the only new product in my skin care regime and makeup routine so I'm confident it was this product. I was surprised as I've used Neutrogena products in the past with no similar issues, and I wouldn't say I have particularly sensitive skin. Weird. In a nutshell, I won't be using up the bottle, I'll probably pass it on to a friend and see if they have better luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

Alright, so let me start out with I used to HATE this product, when I first got it, it made no difference in my skin whatsoever, so I stopped using this. After running out of my other face scrub, I decided to give this one another try, and I totally had different thoughts. I usually scrub this on my face, let it sit for a couple minutes and then wash it off, and my face feels refreshed and the rough scrub makes me feel like I truly did get all of the "gunk" and buildup my face had. This scrub also did help prevent the blackheads from coming up, BUT if I ran out of this product, I probably wouldn't rush to go get it because I think there MAY be better products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by annacakes

I asked a skin care professional about the invisible bumps on my forehead, and he told me they were blackheads. So I changed my cleanser to this specifically for blackheads and it actually made my forehead smoother and got rid of the bumps. After using this I found that my face is softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i have tried everything i can (within my budget) to get rid of blackheads - nose pore strips, peel off masks, heating gels, extractor tools, etc.. even elmers's glue! usually the bad boys disappear for a few days, then they come back! i kinda lost hope at one point..

then i ran out of my HG cleanser and when i went to the mall to repurchase it, it was out of stock at the time. it's a blessing in disguise because i picked this up instead, initially just to use it until my baby's in stock again. but now i'm almost done with this and i gotta say i'm definitely repurchasing this!! this is now my new HG cleanser!

why?
- it got rid of my blackheads for good. by "for good" i mean while im using this product. i dont know if after i finish up my current tube the blackheads will reappear. but i love looking at my face in the mirror up close and finding not a single blackhead in sight.
- it also prevented my skin from producing excessive amount of sebum!! i can say the oiliness drastically decreased! i might have to change my skin status from oily to normal now!
- i have acne prone skin, but this bad boy helped keep the pimples at bay with its considerable amount of salicylic acid.
- i dont have to waste my money on nose strips and all those things i have used before that really didnt woork as well as this does!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by AshleyGLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this awhile ago, during one of my must-take-care-of-my-skin fads, but it was chucked in a drawer & forgotten about til I ran out of my usual face wash & decided to give it a try. I've been using it for about 2 months now & while I don't think the product does anything to blackheads which are already there, it certainly helps prevent more appearing. I usually have trouble with products like this because of my eczema but it leaves my face feeling soft & fresh, no flaky patches or tightness. Overall I would buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by BeautyShaker

I brought this scrub around 2 months ago and have been using it twice a day everyday ever since. I decided that now would be a good time to write a review since ive given it a decent ammount of testing time.
Overall its an okay scrub, the main problem is that it didnt acctually get rid of my blackheads but i do think it prevented more coing back. if i were to get rid of all those cretins on my nose and chin area then this would be a fairly effective prevention of the coming up.
I think i would repurchase but not in a hurry, im still looking for that HG product for my blackheads

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product? Yes
What is does to blackheads: Nothing
Overall: I would repurchace

Edit: I like this but I feel like there are better scrubs out there

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by MissAwesome

I've been using this for a couple years now can this is great! Before I bought this, my nose and around my nose was littered with tiny and large blackheads. I read exfoliating cleanser are great at removing blackheads, so I found this at my drugstore for around $6-7.
The beads in the product are amazing! It has a lot of beads and it feels like rubbing sand, but after week or so later many blackheads were either small and less visible or some had completely disappeared! However, some stubborn blackheads wouldn't leave, so I had to pop them on my own. That's the reason why I gave this scrub 4 lippies instead of 5. Though, it was a lot faster and easier popping those blackheads after using this scrub.
After using this, my skin became smoother and less oily.
I actually scrub really hard, but this product never broke me out nor did it irritated me, but actually help my occasional pimple disappear a little bit faster.
However, I will not recommend this product for sensitive skin since it is notorious for causing breakout and cause red skin. But for those who are not acne prone or sensitive then this is for you!