April 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF30 (new formula)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cleeoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate this product! What a disappointment! I purchased this because of the non-greasy claim. My face looked like an oil slick after applying this product. Foundation did not go on well after the application. I will stick with Clinique City Block.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 10:34:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I guess I'll write the first good review for this product. My go-to sunscreen is Paula's original non-greasy sunscreen, but I was interested in trying something with a higher SPF and a more state of the art formula. The Essential Non-Greasy sunscreen is getting to be a bit dated and probably wouldn't receive a Paula's Pick rating if it wasn't her product. Anyway, I found the texture to be somewhat thicker and the finish a bit more matte than the Essential Non-Greasy. I would recommend the Skin Balancing sunscreen to those who are really oily. This one is more for the moderately oily crowd. To my nose it doesn't have much of a smell. I did not experience any breakouts or irritation from it. My one complaint is the screw off lid. This is a huge pain because the product leaks out if you lay it down while applying it. A flip top lid would be so much more convenient, and indeed, the Essential Non-Greasy sunscreen has a flip top lid. Otherwise I thought this was a decent sunscreen, but based upon the prior reviews, I'd recommend getting a sample before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 7:55:00 PM More reviews by CheckyDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seriously can't beleive they market this as "non greasy". Even my SO commented on how oily it feels. It works great on the body & we will continue to use it soley for that but this stuff is NEVER touching my face!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Xepera

Greasy, smell
really bad (all day, odor doesn't fade away), very irritant and cause breakout!
A real disappointment as I respect her opinion and since Paula is a cosmetic
critic I expected more than that!! After shipping and handling this becomes
a very expensive and bad SPF sunscreen!! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by Naturalfatima1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG!! I am so happy I sampled this before buying!!!
I think I am definitely out of the avobenzone thingy. This stings like crazy, my non-sentitive skin endded up with red irritated patches. Plus it is so greasy, I had the mirror face throughout most of the day, no powder would do!
Definitely a no-no. Same comments for the SPF 15.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by joannaB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hmmm. I'm on the fence about this. Yes, the gasoline smell is gone and the current smell, or absence of one, is perfectly acceptable. The finish is significantly less shiny and greasy than the previous version, though still not matte by any stretch of the imagination. But I seem to have developed a case of little red bumps all over my face and neck (where I put this stuff just once) and now have to figure out whether this sunscreen is the culprit. There was certainly no such problem with the previous one. So, this will be updated at some point.

Update: Holy did this give me a case of skin irritation. Red, swollen ears, patchy rash on neck, little red bumps on my arms. Returned it. Never again.