August 28, 2014 | 1660 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Verte Violette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 4:59:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

what a gem THIS is!
first of all it is the most natural and beautiful violet scent without being sweet od too powdery...it smells like a cream made of violet flowers.....to me it doesn't resemble any other violet based scent including VdParma or Meteorites..
it is a story for itself....watery,little bit powdery and gorgeously creamy violet with green sorta ''stemmy'' undertone...
the most close to this is the original Dsquared's Shewood......it is that kind of moist,rosy violet...

staying power....well, let's wait and see...I've just put it on my arm...

all in all-the best (or at least one of the top 3) violet fragrance on the market!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really pretty scent, but I find myself not wearing it all that much. It's like a creamy, candied violet with a hint of perfumey iris and a watery, green feel to it that reminds me of cucumber. Cool, delicately sweet, watery, calming violet. It has decent throw and staying power on me (lasts about six hours before needing to be reapplied). I'm just more into oriental florals than watery florals.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by WentworthRoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Notes: orris, violet and violet leaf.

This fragrance opens with green yet powdery violet. The unique green freshness is almost melon-like and vaguely reminds me of Fleur de Liane. Violet’s powdery floral smell is often plasticine-like and I detect a faint trace of this particular aspect in the background of the fragrance. It works rather well in this composition, as it tames the melon-y freshness. This part of the accord gradually loses intensity though never disappears from the development. A subtle woodsy note takes its place as the main base for the violet. Light and unobtrusive – diametrically opposed to Balenciaga Paris – this scent is well-suited for a warm spring or summer day. Lasts roughly four hours on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by supermarky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well I feel pretty strongly about this fragrance - I hate it! lol

it just smells synthetic and horrible to me... scrubber/blech only as people are complaining who like it scrubbing isn't required since it's yet another fadeawaytonothing artisan special . . .

bei mir it's not a green violet as others are sayin either, no no no! ... finally for something vaguely like this but a tad more natural, and not at all a green violet, I'd recommend instead the SMN violette . . . it's not a favorite of mine either but is way better than this ...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is so pretty. This is far from old school Guerlain violet and a beautifully pretty fresh spring day violet. So pretty. So perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Marykl

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried a sample of Verte Violette yesterday, and I think it is going to be FB worthy. A charming, light, violet fragrance and, unlike other violet fragrances I've tried, it is not too sweet. I'm sad to hear other reviewers say that it has no longevity. The creamy base notes last more than ten hours on my skin. I was impressed. It is by no means a "statement" fragrance, but it would be perfectly appropriate to wear, say, in an office.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by louloupgarou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this perfume above all others. It is bright, (without sharpness), fresh, beautiful and gorgeously green. To my nose, it is not powdery at all. And sillage? Well, it's true that it stays close to me and doesn't wander around the room, but that's what I like in a perfume...(and a man). Compared with all of the violet perfumes I've smelled, this is the most natural smelling - I find the others cloying and too synthetic. I tend to be somewhat of a purist and into most things 'natural', so take what you will from my review, as we all have our personal tastes, n'est pas? For me, Verte Violette is the dream perfume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This one is the most dissapointing fragrance I have tried so far regarding the staying power! Sillage is almost minimum and I can barely smell it on my skin after 15 min! For the little that lasted,it started green, went through a slightly spicier/sweeter stage and then came down to a faint powder aroma. It is not bad but not special either. It would be OK to wear it in the spring, as a light, non-offending fragrance. I would not purchase a full bottle due to the poor staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by MizLiz211

The name is misleading. This isn't a very green, leafy violet scent. It's actually powdery and a bit sweet. Even fluffy! It reminds me of a cross between L'Artisan Mimosa pour Moi and Borsari Violetta di Parma, both of which are superior to it, in my opinion. All in all, it is a pretty, linear, quiet (but not fleeting - I dabbed some on this morning and it's still there after five hours) and simple skin scent. Alas, a little too simple for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jasmayer

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this, I really did! I love green scents, and I love violets. But this went on way too strong at first, and then vanished to almost nothing after about 15-20 minutes. While it lasted, it was a very strong, overly sweet violet on me, with no real finesse or greenness. Honestly, on me, I really almost hate it, but I still gave it a 3 because I can imagine it being nice - while it lasts - on someone else. It's definitely not a "green violet" to me, though.