December 21, 2014 | 994 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Jacinthe de Bois

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lulie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this for what it is: a true hyacinth soliflore. It's a pot of hyacinths, greens and earth delivered to your door. They were my mother's favorite flower, and this fragrance is very special for me and for any lover of a hyacinth. Not heady - like when the hyacinths come out in the market in the spring and their scent takes over the floral section - this is just very nice, clean and pure. Very enjoyable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now here is an original floral--tulip and narcissus, very clear and transparent, almost watery. STrong and heady like lilac, these flowers are see-through and ephemeral. I am seeing red, purple, and green--the flowers overlaid on leaves of galbanum. It is cool, there is still snow on the ground, but their strong, waxy petals poke into the spring air on hardy stalks. This is a must-smell for floral-lovers, quite stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by haddison

Spring in a bottle. Strong leafy notes when first sprayed on, then come the fresh hyacinth blossoms -- not too strong, which is a good thing with a scent that is so heavy in nature, but absolutely true to the flower. Dries down to soft spicy notes redolent of carnation pinks. It only lasts a few hours, but it's worth respraying. What a shame this has been discontinued. Along with Oeillet Sauvage and Verte Violette, it was part of L'Artisan's "Je t'ai cueilli une fleur" threesome of hyacinth, carnation, and violet soliflores. Only Verte Violette remains in production as of spring 2006.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 7:25:00 PM More reviews by annieytown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jacinthe de Bois turned very green on me. It seemed like the leafy note was clobbering the lovely hyacinth trying to make its way through. The hyacinth arrived but was too exhausted to stick around. The notes are: tulip,galbanum( a resin used for incense),broom,beeswax,hay(I never detected this note in this scent),mate(a south american evergreen tree whose leaves are used to make tea),and melilot(sweet clover). I would give it a three star rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2005 4:02:00 PM More reviews by maak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jacinthe de Bois is a very light, green, spring scent on me. It reminds me of the way my friend's hyacinths smell right after it rains. It is a bit astringent smelling at first but once it dries down it's clean and fresh. I like this scent much more in L'Artisan's home fragrance line. Their Jacinthe et Feu des Bois candle has a great throw, is slow burning, and fills the house with freshness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by cristaline

A nice green floral, Jacinthe des Bois opens with a clear hyacinth note, but it scatters far too quickly for me to properly appreciate. Still, I find the gust of dewy leaves peek-a-booed by a whispery narcissus refreshing and charming. It evokes that time of year that I find ironically cheery: April showers, when puddle-producing rain seems neverending, yet there is pleasure in this forward-looking habit of nature: The earth is being cleansed and primed for springtime bloom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2005 9:36:00 PM More reviews by laurenaj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A perfect interpretation of Hyacinth. Light, Simple, Sweet and True.
It comes on green and flows to the floral heart of narcissus, and ends with honey.
It has a great sileage with me,and also smells great on my skin!
A must have for spring.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lilacterp

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually bought this at Barney's New York, after trying it and thinking it was a beautiful floral woody slightly sweet scent. I sprayed it on, inhaled, and exclaimed "I love this. I'm buying it." Sure enough, five hours later, it's still going on my skin, but it's sweetly green, which translates to me as "yuck." I love the packaging for this with the stunning floral arrangement around the neck and all that, but come one, I have to like the stuff I'm actually paying $65 for, you know? So back it goes to Barney's, because once again, I've been proven wrong in thinking I can tolerate florals. Jacinthe de Bois actually made me sick to my stomach, a very rare thing for a fragrance to accomplish with me. It is green and weird, and the only reason I give it two lippies is because we did have a brief love affair where I was smitten, or so I thought. Not for long. Maybe I don't like hyacinths, or green scents, or whatever, but this is just not worth $65 to me, when I already have so many scents just waiting to be used and are already adored. Sample first, as this is hard to find and may tempt you to buy unsniffed, or sniffed, like I did. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by gumibear08

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the vial, it smelled like greenery. I had to give this several tries. First, I thought it smelled too "green" but I have compared it to the potted hyacinth I have on my windowsill, and the two are exactly alike! It made my nose itch a little, but it's a good spring scent, not at all fake in any way.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by bellafaccia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sparkly, green, sweet, light, and floral -- these are my first impressions right at that initial spritz of fragrance. Top note is definitely hyacinth, as so many others have already identified (and what else could it be with 'Jacinthe' in the name!). Mid-notes are also sweet and soft and green but get more 'watery' and deeper not as 'sparkly' and light, if you know what I mean. I like this fragrance very much, more than what I was expecting. I typically love white florals and this is definitely more green than white. I got this fairly small sample from ebay - may need to purchase a full size bottle! Great summer scent!!