April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Self Tanners - La Prairie - Cellular Self Tan For The Face And Body SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ewiggs26

I had high hopes for this self tanner, especially since it's so expensive. It didn't seem to tan my face at all. Smells good and goes on smoothly, but doesn't deposit much color. I prefer to use tan towels much more.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2006 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Aishaa

Of all the self tanners that I have tried, I have to to say this is the best. That being said, I still think that it is not worth the money ($110 for 100ml) as the result is not that spectacular, nor does it look close to a real tan. It is well packaged, and the texture is pretty nice. I like to use self tanners on at night time, so the SPF stuff is really a waste for me anyway. The color it gives is as good as you can get from a self tanner, but it is still has a bit of orange tone in it. You can defintely tell that it is 'fake tan' from a self tanner. I have medium skin tone, tan easily in the sun, do not get sunburn, but I don't like to sit in the sun as I believe it does age your skin. All in all, I would rather save the $110 and skip this self tanning business as I think La Prairie Self Tan cream is nothing more spectacular than Clarins, Estee Lauder etc. (I don't like those either!), except it is a bit more luxuriously packaged, with a bit better in texture (definitely not worth the pricetag). Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lookin' for a summer look? Not orange at all? Better then the real thing, stop surching! This is what you need. Incredible soft, beautiful skin. You will never stop admiring yourself. Expensive but even if LP would ask more, i still would buy... No streeks, no spots...same result as one week Malediven... Update (after more then one year use): it is better to put several light layers days after each other then one thick one- it can be too orange then) Too expensive- at this moment there are better alternatives... So I won't buy again (sorry for bad English, but i'm from Belgium)