October 30, 2014 | 1799 users online

Pressed Powders - Clarins - Shine Stopper Powder Compact in 10 Translucent [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pressed powder that is so soft, so finely milled that it glides on like a dream. One of better pressed foundations that I've tried and I'm all about convenience and quick touch and go. Great for touchups without caking, though you need to be really light-handed. Haven't had dry cheeks yet but i've only been using for several weeks. Love the transparency of this since it does not add color or much coverage. Use concealer for that. Only evens things out for a natural smooth finish that does last for five to six hours without a touchup. I just love the feel of this powder on my face. For that alone I will repurchase and use on special occassions.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by AutumnShadow15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice powder. I love the fact it has no colour and so blends in perfectly with my skin. It enhances the tone of my face and absorbs any oil.
EDIT: I have noticed this is too "chalky" for my face. Won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 5:27:00 AM More reviews by dizzi

I've been using Mac Blot Powder (in medium) for so long I didnt realise there were better products out there! I got this compact for a steal on Strawberrynet for only about AUD$18 on special and it's really nice. It seems like quite a small compact but the powder itself is SO smooth and finely milled. It also has a nice scent. I like the translucent shade for my very fair skin. It came unboxed so I dont know what's in it but it seems oil-free and is just as oil absorbing as the Mac blot in my opinion. The compact itself is a little hard to open though, but I can deal with that. I use this one to set my makeup in the morning and now the mac one is the one i keep in the bottom of my bag for touchups. A really good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 10:37:00 AM More reviews by doodlebop

If I was stranded on a desert island and could only have one pressed powder, it would be either Clarins or Chanel. Clarins is probably the softest and most finely milled powder I have found, but Chanel has a tiny bit better of a match for my skin(Translucent Sun). This "Transparent" color in Clarins comes off just a little peachy, but in a nice way-kind of makes a soft glow. So I would really be stuck if I had to choose. I love both of them. For reference, I generally wear the lightest warm color in foundation and powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2004 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is the lightest shade in the line, works great for PPP skin tone. Packaging is beautiful as well. Gives a flawless, matte finish. Great product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No