November 23, 2014 | 1550 users online

Treatments - The Body Shop - Almond Oil Nail & Cuticle Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JayTeaBrew

I liked the product a lot when I got it, but theres so little product in there, you really have to be careful how you use it. It's great that you can click and control how much comes out.

There's no bad odour or anything, which is perfect for when you're putting it on before going to sleep. I tend to just rub in the excess.. my nails seem to just eat it up.

This oil does a great job hydrating my nails, but I don't know if I'd repurchase just because it doesn't seem to offer anything more than keeping my nails hydrated. They didn't improve in strength or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* My Nails - Normal but in the winter, my cuticles get drier and my nails have a tendency to split and peel.
* Review - I am a nail polish gal and my nails are manicured regularly. Lately, Iíve noticed that my nails were not in good shape. I donít know if itís the cold weather lately or the fact that Iíve been using Seche Vite base and top coat but my nails needed a break. (Darn you Seche Vite!) After using this daily for the last week or so, Iíve really noticed a difference in the condition of my nails. My nails feel less dry, feel more moisturized and my cuticles are not as dry as they were before either. For an oil product, it absorbs quickly and is not sticky or greasy whatsoever which was a pleasant surprise. Yes, the smell is a little bit sweet and strong, the fragrance could be toned down a little a bit for improvement. I like the packaging as it is convenient for on-the-go nail and cuticle moisturization. All in all, Iím quite pleased with this product and I will continue to use it when my nails need that extra TLC (tender loving care) in-between manicures!
* Ingredients - Sweet almond oil (skin conditioner), lanolin (emollient), soybean oil (emollient), olive oil (emollient/skin conditioner), wheat germ oil (emollient) and grape seed oil (skin conditioner). A short and simple ingredient list like this is as good as it gets!
* Tip - Use sweet almond oil as a hand treatment and conditioner. Simply massage it in after showering or washing for extra soft hands!
* Price - 10 Ä
* Verdict - This works well for my nails and cuticles. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells great but didnt help moisturise my nails or cutitcles that much. The packaging is really annoying you dont seem to get all the product out and it seems to run out very quickly. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by baxy8

I bought this on a whim and am completely in love! I've tried lots of drugstore cuticle creams, but this is the only thing i've found that has near-immediate results. I love the click pen applicator! It's not at all messy an so easy to use. I even noticed that it healed my dry/chipped nails (usually happens after I remove nailpolish) within days. Love this product completely!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a sucker for cute little pots of products, and this one is one of my fav.
It really does repair nails and cuticles and because of the almond oil in it, it provokes nail growth and makes the skin around your nail very smooth.
Its really easy to use aswell, i always massage a little bit into my finger nails whilst I'm watching TV/traveling/reading, its so easy to do, a must have if your quite lazy with products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by carcade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

definetely the best cuticle cream I ever had. I've got crappy and dry cuticles and weak nails, but this cream is a miracle for me! even better than OPI Avoplex Oil. as for the stickness - I use that cream as a night treatment, so it doesn't bother me. and I like the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 6:59:00 PM More reviews by cete

Wow. I think I stumbled on cuticle holy grail here. I bought this in an outlet store for £2 ($4). I was pretty desperate (which is a bit sad when you consider it is JUST my cuticles; nobody is going to die). My nails were all scraggly and dry, and my cuticles would have a nail tech tutting and frowning and nagging. So I bought this to get me by until I went home from travel 4 days later. It is so much better than solar oil, or nailtiques, or a couple of other totally forgettable brands, which are what I've used in the past. It fixed the horror overnight. I've been applying it daily, and my nails and cuticles are the happiest they have ever been. If you are in a place where you can get this, you should really, really try it.

People have mentioned the smell. It is pretty strong. But I don't mind, I like almond, even fake almond :-) and I must say it disappears pretty quick. People have also said that it makes their fingers too sticky when they are out and about. I don't find it so, but I only use a tiny smidge and massage it in. The test for me is this: I hate sticking my hands in my duvet jacket pocket, because even the tiniest little catch on my fingers drags on the lining and I hate the feeling. But this magical balm totally stopped that from happening in a way that nothing else manages to do. A weird vote of confidence ladies, I guess, but hey, I can't give it any better praise than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2007 3:32:00 AM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on a whim recently because it was cheap ($9.95AUD) and I love almond based products! I didn't expect it to do anything, to be honest I didn't expect any product could rescue my dry, raggedy cuticles.
I love the smell of this, sweet but not overpowering, easy to apply, the packaging is convenient to pop in the handbag for those emergency situations!
It does work on repairing and conditioning cuticles but I prefer LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter, it feels much richer and more intense, my cuticles seem to agree!
It's nice enough but I've found a better product so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Marla300

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This nail cream works very well, but its fragrance is so overpowering and artificial! I could not stand it anymore after two weeks or so. When I opened the jar again some weeks later, the cream had already turned rancid. I cannot recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2007 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Suki73

I purchased this a few months ago, opened it and used it for about a month, then went on to use up some other cuticle products. When I went back to finish up this one, it had dried up and seemed rancid. A shame. For the short time I was able to use it, it did a nice job of moisturizing my dry cuticles, smelled great, and a little went a long way. I would not repurchase, though, since it turned so quickly. For now, I prefer Solar Balm.