MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

on 7/26/2015 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

New color that I'm obsessed with. On my pale skin, this reads as kind of a pinky red... correction, a fabulous pinky red! I'm not sure why this color doesn't get more reviews or feedback online. If I could make this a cult fav. for everyone I would. It is supposed to be color worn by someone on a tv show (Once or something) regularly. I found it by trying on shades at a MAC counter. It is a frost, so not overly intense which kind of is why I like this shade so much. Very buildable. Purchased with the Soar pencil. Perfection! So glad I found this one! LOVE it! Bought one and then went back and bought another for my purse.

on 3/4/2015 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Capricious is a smoky, plummy rose colour with a hint of gold in it. On my lips it's the same colour as in the tube. It's incredibly wearable because as it's a lustre, it's not a heavy or matte lipstick. It's not quite sheer but its soft, moisturising and feels lovely on. Apparently MAC describes it as "demi-sheer" which is a good description for the finish. I always have a tube of Capricious in my handbag because it goes so well with most looks, wears well and makes my lips feel good.

on 1/28/2015 9:48:00 AM

This shade is a pretty, muted reddish brown color which definitely isnt a nude but it's not BAM in your face ether. It's perfect to brighten your face for a casual day or a work day. I find it really wakes me up for a work day and flatters my face. I also love the lustre formula because it's not drying nor opaque. Don't expect more than 2 hour wear though, reapplication is necessary.

probably the only lustre i like the color id nice and it doesn't dry up like the others but i can find this color any brand not worth 16.00

on 7/16/2014 6:03:00 PM

NOTE: This shade (w/MAC Plum lip liner) is the combo Lana Parilla, evil queen/mayor on Once Upon a Time, wears when she is the mayor. I have similar coloring but my skin is a touch lighter & pinker.

I waffled on this purchase for 6 months. I tried what I thought were better alternatives for what ever reason, Plumful, Sweetie....both nice. But Capricious is what I really wanted and I was drawn to. The swatches online were so varied...some looked more pink, others rosey, other swatches what it looks like on me...a berry red. On my NW20 (deep soft winter), almost black hair brown eyes, this is a red toned berry (instead of a purple toned berry). It is juicy enough to work in the warmer months & look great, but at its heart shines best in fall/winter. I put Capricious on and I finally felt that "oh yeah" feeling I had been waiting for with my previous purchases. I would see it on Lana Parilla (Regina/Evin Queen) on Once Upon a Time but think "it won't look like that on me"....but it does :) It is that berry red goodness. If I want to add some more vamp to it, you can use Plum lipliner.

For the record, I like the other two shades. Sweetie is great for all year round, very safe and easy. Plumful is very pretty, but didn't give me that "oh yeah" feeling I got when I put on Capricious. With Plumful I would hear "nice lipstick". With Capricious, I hear, "wow, you look great!" It just makes my features pop more. I have kept all three though. They all have their place. in my order of favorites are Capricious, Sweetie then Plumful.

on 6/13/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have dark plum colored lips and Capricious is a perfect sheer plummy nude on me. Very safe for work. I love the texture and the shine.

on 1/13/2014 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a sheer, berry red color that can be built up if desired. I was looking for this exact color of lipstick, but when I got it, it didn't impress me. I'm not a fan of the Lustre formula, i'm sure that's why it didn't apply smoothly. When I would apply it, it would have these little chunks of red all over my lip. It only lasted on my lips for about ninety minutes, it was really similar to a lipgloss. I love the color, but unfortunately that's not enough for me.

on 12/16/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a good fall/winter lipstick color and this one caught my eye. It's not as intense as many other typical dark berry colors that are popular in the colder months. I would describe it as a just bitten look. Like a your lips but better berry tint. It's the perfect shade for this time of year, but it's also wearbale enough for any other time as well. This was my first lustre lipstick from mac and I really wasn't sure I'd like it. But I actually like the feel of it better than the creamsheen formula. It's not quite as thick and pretty moisturizing. The staying power isn't great, but I wasn't expecting it to be. Overall, great lipstick. I think anyone could pull off this shade.

Bought this after much research on Regina's lipstick in Once Upon a Time. I wear it with mac lipliner in plum, like she does, and it is perfect together. LOVE for winter time <3

on 7/31/2013 6:22:00 AM

I love this color. I have very pale lips and this is just a perfect color to make them pop but also to be very nice and soft. It is very builtable which I adore so it fit any occasion! Great buy! :)

Recommended for Medium Skin