December 22, 2014 | 1878 users online

Pressed Powders - Vasanti - Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by daisyverma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using Vasanti face powder for years (back when they only used to be located in fairview mall)

This is the only powder I have used that really matches my skin tone. As an Indian woman, it is very hard to find makeup that matches up with your skin tone...drugstore brands were always "peachy".

The con is the price...it used by $16 bucks when I first started using it and now its almost $30!

The other con is there is no SPF in the product. I always forget to wear sunscreen so it would be nice to have a SPF version of this product.

If you are using the powder puff that comes along with the powder, then it will go on heavy and look caked on.

The best way to use this product:

Make sure the face is slightly moistured/soft

Use a good quality powder brush...makes a huge difference in application plus allows for more control of the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by greencheek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the really good thing about the powder is that it matches my skin tone...however if youre using it as a setting powder it may feel too heavy. if you use it alone thats fine. I used it as a setting powder but after a couple of weeks i started to break out so i stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by michellejagdev

I am North Indian with a 'wheatish' complexion with a golden undertone, it is very difficult for me to find foundation, it's either too dark, too light, or looks cakey. I have gone from buying expensive foundations like Estee Lauder, Clinique, Stila to drugstore ones like L'Oreal and Cover Girl. Nothing looked right.

A make up artist used Vasanti Face Base on me for my wedding and it was amazing. I looked flawless from 6am to 2am. It's light weight, easy to carry and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by nunu

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I struggle constantly to find the right foundation -- I'm two different shades on my face, I prefer really natural coverage, want application to be easy, and hate powdery chalky finishes. I usually use MAC, but the quest for foundation as taken me everywhere. This works for me. Really works. I use V8 (typically MAC NC44) and for the lighter shade on my face (most of it in the winter), this is absolutely perfect. As the reviewer below notes, the finish is not a typical powder. It settles into an almost creamy finish. I contour the outer edges of my face with Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Deep Dark, and spray with MAC Fix + at the end. The look is exactly what I want -- my skin, but better. The Face Base lasted for a very long time, but due to a tragic leap for freedom off my bathroom counter, it must be replaced. And it will be because I've found nothing else like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by loriann52

This is my HG powder. It gives so much more coverage than any other powder I've ever tried, without it looking like you have a mask on. The texture is best described as like a creamy eyeshadow. You know what texture good quality eyeshadows have? Yeah, it's like that but for your face. Absolutely amazing.
I used a BB Cream or tinted moisturizer, then my concealer, then seal it all in with the Face Base. Absolute perfection,

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by jenniferedge

I too purchased this at Ulta on clearance for $2.99. I have it in V6 and it is too dark to wear as a foundation, but I use it as a bronzer and that is working just fine. I like it because it goes on as a light coverage and allows me to build up from there. I would not repurchase this at regular price but I will grab it if I see it on clearance again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by kittykat18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I have the hardest time finding foundation or cover up that actually suits my skin tone but not with this stuff. It matches perfectly and feels light on, I have a darker one as well that I use as a bronzer and for contouring. Does NOT look like your wearing make up, they actually look darker than when you apply so be careful what colour you choose.
I will buy again, and I have:) I like it better than the MAC studio fix as I found that looks too cakey and thick, this can be used with a damp sponge as a foundation or with a big fluffy brush on top of liquid or alone for just a natural look so it's versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm a bit torn on this product.
First, the packaging is great. Its metallic, doesn't feel flimsy, and the mirror is nice and large. The product itself is decently pigmented and finely milled - the photos and descriptions in the Vasanti website are very accurate, by the way, so I wouldn't hesitate buying online if there isn't an Ulta or Shoppers Drug Mart near you,
Anyways, this product is good at mattifying, though I feel like I have to use a lot of product to mattify completely. It also has light-medium coverage at best, which for me is enough. I prefer it better is a mattifying powder, especially on my nose, as opposed to just as foundation.
My only issue is that it can tend to oxidize throughout the day, making my face dirty-orange looking. Its not a lot, but I prefer makeup that doesn't oxidize at all.
For reference, I bought V3 (light-medium skin with neutral undertones), even though I have very yellow undertones, I tested these at the store and V2 is too light, V4 too dark, so I had to get this. Price was $21 CAN, which is a bit too much for me, really.
Overall wouldn't repurchase - I don't like the oxidization, and there are better pressed powders out there (MAC Blot Powder, I'm eyeing you! And only for a few dollars more!)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by JOEMOM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am impressed by this powder. I bought it at Ulta for the clearance price of $2.99. It goes on light and matched my skin perfectly. My color is V13. I am going back today to buy the remaining clearance items!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by laurenmt

It's an ok product, doesn't break me out. But I kept pinching myself on the clear cover...preferred my Laura Mercier Pressed powder over this..eventhough it's like $25 cheaper!