July 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Body Scrubs - Origins - Gloomaway Grapefruit Body-Buffing Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

First the smell. Many products say they smell like grapefruit, and they merely have this vague bitter-citrus smell. This actually smells like grapefruit. This scrub works so very well. It is not too harsh and it is great to use before self-tanning. My skins feels so soft after use. I have mature skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by babygirl2you

I absolutely love the way this feels on my skin. I already know it is good for my skin because of the great ingredients in this product, but it also makes my skin so soft, and it smells so mouthwatering. It's a perfect scent for spring/summer. I don't like to use this when I take a bath, because it doesn't rinse clean. It works best when I take a shower. This product is definitely not cheap, but it works so well for my skin, so I really don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by jetfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am SO glad they brought this product back. One of those "back by popular demand" This is one of the best smelling scrubs ever. It's a great summer scent, fresh, like all orgins scents, very original. The buffing beads I think are outstanding, I feel so clean and soft after using this, and my hubby loves the way I smell!! Will buy again and again. A little on the pricey side, but It lasts a long time, and well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by beechezz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scent is amazing! This is not your normal grapefruit smell. It is definitely a lot sweeter. I have purchased this scrub several times, and usually it is for the scent. The product does work, but I do agree that it would leave some particles on your skin. Overall, a make you feel good type of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MrsG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this scrub. I really like the way its packaged also. It lathers and the scrub beads are a very nice consistancy. It is a bit on the pricy side $16.00 but I love the smell (way better than sephora's grapefruit scrub ) and I like not haveing to dip my hand into a big tub of watery scrub. I would by this again & again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this scrub but I don't think it's exceptional. This is a good product, not too harsh and the texture is great as well (not too runny, but not too thick either - therefore it's easy to spread and to rub onto the skin). It has a bright yellow color and leaves some gold shimmers onto the skin (it doesn't last that long once I'm out of the shower though). It doesn't dry out my skin but tends to make it itchy during winter when my skin is more sensitive. Otherwise it's not irritating.

Although this is a pretty good product, I would not purchase it again. I thought it would smell more like real grapefruit... but to me, this has more a candy scent. A little bit disappointing for a grapefuit lover such as me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Mollster

I really love this scrub! First let me say that I am not usually a citrus fan when it comes to bath & body products. But this stuff smells divine! It's not overly scrubby, but I like that the particles don't melt since it is not a salt/sugar scrub. I can use it daily on my sensitive skin, and the smell is truly wonderful. A little pricy, but worth it in my opinion. And I LOVE the tube that it comes in. I hate dipping my hand into a jar of scrub! This is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by nlam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOW! got this as a gift and was blown away by the amazing fragrance. truly wonderful. stimulating and wakes me up in the morning. the formula is cleansing and non-drying. i agree that the squeeze tube is handy in the shower, and is well-designed. the scrubbing beads are just textured enough to do the job, but not too rough on skin. i don't use this every day because i'm afraid to run out! i also agree with a prior reviewer in that the scent, while fabulous, will not last long, so one needn't worry about layering other post-shower products on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2004 1:35:00 PM More reviews by MarkRepFLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing! This product comes in a handy squeeze tube. (great for shower) we love that! It comes out in this mustard color, with bronze little beads, so it almost looks like your exfoliating with gold! IT smells Amazing much better than any grapefruit product scent I have smelled for bath and beauty. And the best part is it does not dry out your skin, it's gentle enough to use daily, uh IT"S ADDICTING! I look forward to showering with this product it makes me feel great! HG shower exfoliant FOUND.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2004 3:48:00 AM More reviews by improvduck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sometime last year I misplaced this scrub, and just found it again a few days ago. The first thing I did was open it up and take a giant smell! I still can't believe how refreshing it is. That's not the best part though. It's gentle enough for my sensitive skin [though I wouldn't use it on my face], but grainy enough to really scrub all that dead skin off. The consistency is perfect. It's not thin enough to drip out of your hands or off your skin, but still easy to spread and lather into hard to reach places. It's not expensive, but I have to ration it or I'll use it up too fast :) The packaging is nothing fancy, but it's sturdy and lets the right amount out. But when it comes down to why I'll buy it again .. the scent. I'll end up trying out the other products in the "Gloomaway" line, just because of this scent. It's so refreshing and juicy and intoxicating! I wish it lasted longer!