August 1, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Shadow - Aveda - Shadow plus Vitamins in Aura

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sure whether to give this a 4 or a 5, so going with 5 because it meets my current needs. Most taupes look dirty or bruisy on my. I tend to stick to just e/l, mascara and a nude lid (my skin is warm enough and my crease prominent enough, I can get away without e/s). This shade is a my-lids-but-prettier, not too much shimmer to stand out as e/s, not so matte that is has a flattening effect. Almost a satin finish. Deep enough to add some depth but not so deep my lid recedes, just enough plum to bring out the green in my eyes and prevent this plummy taupe from turning muddy (NARS A2A, Ondine, MAC Satin Taupe, all pretty taupes but just all lacking *something* and needed more fussing than Iwanted to commit to). Closest to this is my BB Fawn, but this is a tad deeper, more plummy/lavender, and less shimmer. I could never get away with just a wash of e/s and look natural, too much contrasting color or shimmer, but with this, I can. Highly recommend. Works well wet too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by zbarbaraz7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was khali cloud discontinued?

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by gavinorion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate aveda eyeshadow which was a bummer because I love all their skin products. The only makeup product and I have brought and tried most of them that i would recommend spending money on is the cream eyeshadow in ocra it lasts forever and is a lovely base. their pressed powders are really hard to get on and stay on.. I brought six different shades and found that I hate all of them..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great taupe/purple shadow - not really strong enough to wear on it's own but I've been mixing it with the intense purple from my Dior "Stylish Move". Although I appreciate Aveda's commitment to the environment (e.g. less packaging), I really dislike the fact that this comes on its own with no "container". I know the idea is to purchase one of their metal magnetic cases but I tried that in the past and it was a complete mess - with no dividers or spacers the eye shadows really bled into one another. I would welcome any ideas/advice on how to "store" just one of the Aveda shadows. I'm afraid I'll lose it or drop it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a good neutral shadow to wear during the day but usually my forays into neutral territory aren't very productive. My skin is very fair, almost translucent, and anything too brown or gray makes me look like I've got the flu. After reading the rave reviews here I decided to try Aura. I think I can say that I've finally found my perfect neutral! It's a great taupe, like others have said, but this has so many different facets to it. It's a taupey, browney, mauvey, smokey slightly shimmery but not too shimmery color that looks great on me and makes my green eyes really pop. I think this could make anyone's eyes pop to be honest! Aveda's eyeshadows can be hit or miss with me, but this will be a staple in my Aveda compact. Most definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleighbelle

this color is very pretty. i like aveda's shadows a lot. this color is wearable for everyday and it's one of the most unique shades in my vast collection. it goes with nearly every other color i have (aveda or not).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by avedamakeupisperfect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently decided to weed through all my makeup and decided to only purchase Aveda makeup (aside from UDPP and L'oreal telescopic mascara) because there is SO much I love about the Aveda company, not to mention that I don't ever have to walk into a Sephora again and get dizzy with being overwhelmed with so much overpriced chemical makeup. lol. Anyway, this is a beautiful eye shadow color. It is your basic shimmery, taupe and very soft with lasting pigmentation when applied with care. It pairs with using Aveda's Opal or Aurora as the base with Aura in the crease. Very happy and I will buy again and again. The only word of caution I can tell anyone reading my review is to be very careful not to drop your enviornmental compact on the floor because the eyeshadows will crack and fall out from their pans - it's happened to me and now I use great care when handling them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by raindancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a gorgeous color......a slightly shimmery, silvered taupe. It's the perfect replacement for my beloved Vega. Aveda eyeshadows come packaged in a small, recyclable plastic case. You have to buy the magnetic compacts to have a lasting package, but they are well worth the investment.....I bought mine over ten years ago and it's still in great condition. Aveda eyeshadows are very high quality. They last forever and I have yet to find a color that is not flattering and pretty. Application is smooth, and the shadows last until you wash them off. Aura is also an amazing smoky liner if you apply wet with a small, angled brush. Very flattering for blue eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sweeti675

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this color! At first glance, I wasn't sure about the shade. The "taupe-y" brown colors end up making me look very tired. But this color is beautiful on me! I have golden toned skin and hazel green eyes and this makes my eyes pop! The color comes on lightly and looks natural...love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great color. The sales lady told me to wet an e/s brush and apply it to give a lighter, foiled look--beautiful. It shows up silver/taupe on me and I LOVE it! Great quality, highly recommend.