April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - Corrective Makeup Base

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by DazzleStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this as it makes a nice smooth surface to apply my foundation - plus it has some sun protection which is great.
As for the complexion color enhancing - doesn't do much IMO. I have the yellowy one (can't remember exactly) but there isn't much difference in my complexion before and after its usage.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Kizzes

I have the one in #0. It does make my complexion smoother after i apply powder on top, but doesn't really help with pore coverage on my nose area. In fact, it makes my nose area shinier. I do see a slight glow to my complexion but not enough for me to rave about it. I don't mind the plastic squeeze tube because i find it slim and light and convenient to travel with. I am currently using Diorsnow ultra protective base and it works better for me. I might try MUFE's HD primer when i finish it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora (in green), as it is pretty expensive and I wanted to try it first. Maybe I just used it wrong, but I didn't see any redness coverage whatsoever. It felt nice and was smooth, but didn't do anything. I put it on after my moisturizer, then put this on followed by my usual foundation and powder. Just as much redness before, and I don't have a lot, just a natural pinkish undertone. Don't think I'll be buying this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by margrosek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the neutral-colored primer. I really like it, and it stays on well. However, the packaging isn't the best, b/c its hard to get the product out when you're nearing the last portion, and before that when you squeeze the bottle, you usually get a greater amount spurting out than you actually need. So, I agree that a pump-type bottle would be more practical. As far as primers go, this is the best one I've ever tried. I also tried the green one, but it didn't do a great job of covering the redness on my skin. For that, Mac's select cover up in green is totally AWESOME... but you can't buy it in retail stores (at least not in Canada), since it is considered a "professional makeup" item.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, and use #0 and #5. Both are wonderful. It goes on like a thick lotion and unlike Smashbox or English Ideas, I have never had a breakout using this product. It feels nice on my dry skin. Makeup goes on like a dream, it does a great job of smoothing out my uneven complexion, and it really helps hold makeup in place all day. I got #0 because I had trouble matching foundations to my pale skin. I figured that applying it underneath foundation or mixing the two would work, and it did. I even found that using this product allows me to get away with the sheerer coverage of a tinted moisturizer.

#0 doesn't do much in terms of making me glow, but #5 definitely does. In fact, once after spending several days indoors due to a bad cold and emerging paler than usual, I noticed it made me look a little phosphorescent. :) But honestly, this is probably one of only a few items in my makeup case that I would not be without. Definitely an HG.

If I would change anything, I might change the packaging. The little squeeze tube is OK, but I'd prefer a pump bottle. It's not a cheap product, so as it is, I cut the tubes in half to get the last drops of product.

EDITED 11/29/2008: I am SO disappointed. MUFE has changed the formula, and it is now a completely different product that doesn't work for me anymore. It is now called HD Microperfecting Primer, and while the new pump bottle is great, I am kicking myself for not stocking up on the old formula. This is a thin, oil-free version that goes on thin and is not kind to dry skins. The old version helped mask all kinds of problems, all this does is dry out my skin and make me look patchy and flaky. BOO, I say - BOO..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by vink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The MA suggested me to get this in #0 along with the foundation. Although I like the foundation, I don't really feel anything about this one. It helps brighten up my face, but I have so many porducts that can do just the same, some maybe with better price. I don't think that I will repurchase this, but definitely go back for the foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in the same boat as storybookheroine below. I got it in green to cover redness. 10 minutes after applying my moisturizer, I applied it with a foundation brush and blended with my fingers, and found it went on slippery and greasy and didn't provide even coverage. I applied my foundation 5 minutes later, and It showed green through my foundation. I tried a thinner application, and even added it to my moisturizer, the next day, but it just doesn't like me, so so back to Sephora it goes.

EDIT: I decided to give this one more chance before I returned it, thinking that maybe I was just applying it wrong. Yet again it slid around on my nose while applying it and just wouldn't stay put. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sodivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!
I'm a DDD NW45 with some hypermigmentation
I really needed a primer because by midday my makeup would just be looking horrrible. I don't honestly know how I coped without this. I was lost!
I got this in the apricot, and before I knew better, I was using too much. Now I dot it all over my face and use a stippling brush to spread it and blend. Works like a dream, and instantly brightens and evens my skin. I can go without foundation, and usually just brush some powder over the top. Beautiful.
I hate those silicon based primers...the texture makes me cringe and I just hate them! So I didn't want the Smashbox. I love this cos its creamy yet has great staying power. Even in the gym, after a very sweaty workout, my makeup is intact and glowy.
I will definitely repurchase and prob buy backups JUST in case they try to stop making it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have received this product - I was so curious about it - in a recent swap.
I have this in shade 0, so that it's very neutral, and it suits my fair skin tone.
I am a bit mixed on how to judge this primer, because it seems to work very well with some foundations but is really NIL with some others!!
Like w/Chantecaille Future skin (one of the best foundations out on the market): with this foundation the MUFE primer works really bad!!
Chantecaille is a beautiful, luminous foundation that sits and stays put on my skin for hours giving me a special glow and no shine! Alas, the primer must react bad with some of the components of this foundation as I cannot spread it, it accumulates in patches and all of a sudden my face was a mess! impossible to go out with that face, had to rub it off and start fresh. Same happens with Lancome Rénergie Lift Foundation!
On the other hand, this primer is excellent with E. Lauder Double Wear. Double wear, due to its high coverage, tend to be a bit cakey or mask-like, and as a result it is always "dull". With the MUFE primer it was oh, so glowy! I was amazed by the light that was coming out of my skin (I use a good loose powder on top, but I was using it before as well and never got such enlightment).
So I still need to try to combine it with other foundations and understand if it works or not. Will be a lenghty process, it's a pity this one is not a "universal" primer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by tuyetroi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the makeup base in colour #0, I use it before foundation, after moisturizer.

I find this makes my foundation look a lot smoother, I tend to use it on my eyelids and on my undereye area as an eye makeup base; which I find works quite well - ie a lot less smudging of eyeliner than usual, no creasing with eyeshadow.

Colour shade #0 isn't really a drastic difference, but I like it and it does lend a subtle polish... I would buy it again, and I'm thinking of buying another one in the blue shade.