September 23, 2014 | 1881 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Awake - Skin Renovation Eye

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jlashman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this eye cream at night for exactly a full year which is just unheard for me. I product-hop ALL the time and after having tried just about every high-end eye cream available last year, I kind of settled on this one. It's just so moisturizing without ANY irritation at all to my ridiculously sensitive eyes. I wake up and it still feels moist around my very dry eye area. I definitely have some lines around my eyes, but I feel that they haven't gotten any worse over the past year I've been using this...I think they've improved a bit and have just been kept at bay, hoping that will continue over the years. The cream stayed perfectly fresh and effective for a year which is mind-boggling to me and I don't know if I've ever finished a jar completely, to the point where there isn't a spec left. Yes, it's expensive, but I think I'm going to repurchase today--it's just the best I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mimo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Based on the comments here, I bought the eye treatment and the Firm Advantage cream. The sample for the eye cream seemed very dry and hard to dissolve, but I thought perhaps it was an old sample. Well after about 3 mo. of using this, the eye cream actually cracked in half in the jar, and now is impossible to use, it's so dried out. When I called the saleswoman at Bergdorf's she told me that she had just attended a seminar for another brand, and that these creams only last about 3 mo! NEWS to me, esp.since you are supposed to use '2 rice kernel dabs'--what a rip-off. I've used Creme de la Mer for years with no similar instability.
The salesperson AND the company refused to stand behind their product, so I'm on to Natura Bisse, which I picked up in Barcelona.
The product seemed to work fairly well, but what's the use if 1/2 the jar is unuseable??

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 9:57:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light moisturizer that causes no millia. Absorbs nicely and is non-irritating. However, Skin Renovation Eye doesn't do anything for me In fact, it makes my undereye area look more dried out. Many eye creams dry out my eyes with continued use instead of moisturizing and plumping as they claim to do, so YMMV. But the fact that it causes no millia is a plus. Would have preferred if this came in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found the best moisturizing eye cream. I have very dry skin in my under-eye area and this is the only cream I tried that hydrates throughout the night, so that my skin still feels moist (and deliciously smooth!) upon waking. Best part: the cream also fills out (subtly) the under-eye area, the hollow part that gets more hollow as we age as well as decreasing the appearance of fine lines. This cream is $100 for .7 oz but you truly only need 2 rice kernels worth of cream for both eyes (other creams require 3-4x that amt) so this cream is very reasonable in the long run. I keep touching my under-eyes, amazed by how smooth & soft this cream has made them. I will update if this changes.

***Update 1/23/09 - I turned 43 a few weeks ago (yikes) and my beloved facialist of 4 years and I agreed that my eye area has held up impressively well for my age; she's running out to try this eye cream :-). Last year the La Prarie facialist at Bergdorf Goodman told me that I was too young to use their eye creams :-). This Awake Eye Treatment continues to work for me (along with my Merle Norman Luxvia eye cream for day) and is truly a keeper!

No other cream in the past moisturized this well and this long. I've tried: Darphin, Caudalie, La Mer, La Prarie (Anti-Aging SPF 15 - my 2nd fav. after Awake), Perricone Alpha Lipoic Eye (effective at first but not later), Prevage (caused milia), ReVive Eye Renewal, Shiseido Benefiance (too rich & caused milia) , Relastin's Eye Silk (effective at first but not now), Lancome (Renergie Micro-Lift, Primordiale Intense, Absolue - all felt nice but ineffective), E, Lauder (Advanced Night Repair), etc.
I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. Although my under eye area is very dry, I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, DHC, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a test to see whether a moiturizing eye cream could be hydrating enough in the AM but not cause my makeup to slide off, and still give benefits such as brightening or tightening. This definitely did not disappoint. Not only does it make my entire eye area really smooth and even and crepe-free, but it actually is very moisturizing even in the corners of my eyes that tend to dry up and itch painfully because I tear often. I am really happy with this and will for sure repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sarakat

It's expensive, yes, but I waited two months til I reviewed this product after I started using it, and I can say definitely that I have noticeably fewer fine lines and crow's feet around my eyes. I'm in my late 20s, so the lines were very fine, but this product is keeping them at bay. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

I love the texture and it moisturizes well.. almost perfect... except that it contains alcohol!! A lot of great products contain alcohol.. why do they do that?? I will be repurchasing until I find one that's similar without the alcohol.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I have tried lots of eye creams and am still in search of my HG. This one is the most moisturizing, of the ones I have tried. If you put it on at night, the skin still feels hydrated in the morning. However, I can't see any difference in the appearance of my under eye area, after 2 months of use. At $100, I was expecting more.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 1:51:00 PM More reviews by 405E

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so disappointed that canada doesn't have Awake counter. This is the THE eye cream I am looking for. Probably due to the retinol,BHA and L-sorbic C serum treatment, my face, especially eye area, is drier than ever. I used BB hydrating eye cream,which receives quite highranking in P'ville, stilll can't save it. Compare to BB, I will Awake is more heavy duty eye cream, it moisturize like nobody's business, but non-greasy. Plus it also depuff the swollen undereye area instantly. THX for MUAs recommendation here!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2005 9:22:00 PM More reviews by AlliACT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know, I've tried just about everything for that undereye puff.

And without a doubt the very best bang for the buck is plain old ordinary Preparation H. Those bags and creases just gr buh-bye.

My trick is to apply it right after moisturizer and then just let it sit for a minute while I get my morning tea. A little dab'll do ya, and for $4.00, I still have the tube I bought last year. Also helps to melt it between your fingers a moment. After a minute or two, just dab off what may be left with a tissue.

Ain't glamorous, but it works like crazy. And needless to say, keep the tube in your makeup bag, and not where it might get used for its intended purpose!!!

the ultimate "off-label" use.

Alli