October 25, 2014 | 1488 users online

Gels/Soaps - Aquolina - Doccia Fraganza - Crème Caramel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2005 9:14:00 AM More reviews by martika

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first Aquolina bath item I come across and which I pretty like. I have been wanting to test it since ages but couldn't find it anywhere near me. A store nearby started carrying the whole Aquolina body care line and the SA was so nice that she gave me samples of almost all scents. Crème Caramel was the first Aquolina shower gel I tested (the 2 Bagno products I previously tried - Zucchero e Velo & White Chocolate were awful) and I have to admit it is pretty true to its name. Still, like the other Aquolina bath products I tried, I also find this a bit drying for my skin. I don't find it that similar to Laura Mercier's crème brulée, but hey! the price tag is not the same either. An ok product which I might consider purchasing in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2005 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lburcio

Based on the previous comments, I decided to try this product. It smells wonderful, but it really made my skin, especially my legs dry, after my shower. I guess I was looking for a more inexpensive alternative to Laura Mercier's Creme Brulee bath wash. If you have extra money, buy the Laura Mercier bath wash. The fragrance lingers and leaves your skin soft, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2004 9:44:00 PM More reviews by stilagirl9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG body wash! I love caramel-scented body washes, but they always seem to get discontinued (Sephora: I'm looking at you) - which is why I bought three bottles of this. It is very sweet, but not cloyingly so IMO, and smells even more authentic than Sephora's long-discontinued caramel body wash. I hope this one doesn't get discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2004 6:42:00 PM More reviews by badkitty82

I love this showergel. It's probably the best I've ever had (it's better than my old favorite The Body Shop's Vanilla shower gel). The gel looks a bit like egg yolk, only more orange and it feels thick and smooth. In my opinion it smells delicious, not like baby-sick at all ! It smells like cream caramel and I love using it. Aquolina's products rock !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

Bathtime is supposed to be a pleasant relaxing experience, but with this stuff it's anything but. It's a thick, creamy shower/bath gel that is supposed to smell like crème caramel. In reality, it is vaguely sweet, with a powerful rancid butter tone that borders on the smell of baby sick (and I am not exaggerating!). I'm such a tightwad that I normally use up all shower gels I buy, whether I like the fragrance or not, but this one almost turned my stomach, so out it went after two tries. To be avoided.