Aquolina Bagno Fraganza - Zucchero a Velo (icing sugar)

3.8

on 5/31/2006 2:50:00 PM

RIS, this stuff is really nice. I've been using it as a shower gel. It smells warm and sweet to me, like a sugar cookie faintly. I don't get a plastic smell. I can't say anything regarding the price, because I've no idea what they run. I will say that rather than that wide-mouthed bottle, I wish they'd put it in a squeeze bottle, so I can control it better.

on 2/9/2006 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

As far as bath foam goes, this is one of the best ones. I have EXTREMELY hard water, and this foamed up really well...and the lasting power of the foam was remarkable.

I love the scent, and the scent does linger, also. I bought this on clearance at Sephora, but I'd be tempted to pay full price for it.

on 10/11/2005 7:46:00 AM

I am so disappointed by this Aquolina bath product. I have been wanting to test it since ages but couldn't find it anywhere near me. A store nearby started carrying the whole Aquolina body care line and the SA was so nice that she gave me samples of almost all scents. Zucchero a Velo Bagno was the first I tested and you couldn't imagine my disappointment. It smells ok at first (something vaguely sweet) but it quickly turns into a cheap, artificial, plastic scent. Plus, I did find it a bit drying for my skin. I will be tasting the other scents as I am now curious to see whether it was this particular sample or all Aquolina products that smell so artificial. Blah!

on 8/1/2004 12:51:00 PM

Wow, this smells exactly like a cross between MMU's Ah Sugar! and Etro Heliotrope. (Which are similar enough in the first place to my opinion.) Anyway, this is really lovely, almost a type of sugary, yet flat, not sweet, scent...really like icing sugar on top of some doughy batter. I like this quite a bit, although like jennyb, I honestly wish it was not a turquoise color -- it doesn't go with the scent of the product at all! And I also wish it wasn't so hard to obtain in the U.S.! So rather than flying to Italy when my supply runs out, I think for right now I'll stick to my Ah Sugar! shower gels and lotions, for almost the same effect.

on 1/18/2004 5:44:00 PM

This is a thick bubble bath which can also be used as a shower gel. It lathers up easily with even the tiniest amount, and has a nice creamy feel. Zucchero a velo means icing sugar, though the fragrance smells more like a buttery vanilla with a touch of caramel to me, and is colored an inappropriate aquamarine. It is very strong, with a touch of rancidity, and too much of it is almost sickening to smell. But used sparingly it is a warm and lingering vanilla. If I was marking on lasting power alone, I'd give it 5, but the slight oddness of the smell is a little offputting. continued >>

Popular Gels/Soaps