December 20, 2014 | 806 users online

Treatments (Face) - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by cmax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I live in hot sunny Singapore and this is god-sent to whiten my complexion and even my skintone. I use it in conjunction with the entire White Lucent line but this definitely makes a difference on its own!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ed8888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Should have listened to the reviews. Doesn't work. Got one at Costco, just like the one in the picture, spot targeting, and have been using it daily at least once, sometimes twice, to no effect. Have been applying to clean skin and letting it dry before applying sunblock in day and other products at night. Trying niacinamide toner next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this every day and night for almost the 10 days the manufacturer says until one should expect to see results and, in fact, I HAVE already seen results. I live in Las Vegas. It's a harsh climate (hot & windy or often dry, cold and windy with very intense, bright sun). I use dabs of this on spots under makeup/sunscreen and primer and before moisturizing. I've tested it mainly on one particularly persistent pigmented area and it's much lighter already. It's expensive (I got a supposedly 2 month supply for $170 but not sure it will last even that long). Will update after using it longer (and am going to try it all over my face and chest). Will advise if it continues to meet expectations (or not). So far, so good.

UPDATE: 5/16/2014 This has definitely continued to noticeably fade my (sun, age and medication related) brown spots and pigmentation. NOTE: Based on some further research, several warnings and comments (including some from prior reviewers) I am only using this it at night now, not during the day. And I am dabbing ONLY on the spots, not applying all over as I was before. This makes this expensive product last much longer and is more effective for its designated purpose.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Ariunzaya

Good!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by wanting928

I wish I've found this site before purchasing this product! I've used up a bottle in less than 3 months (every morning and night basis), and I don't see any change on my dark spots. I paired this with its lotion and a Clinique moisturizer because I found that my skin gets dry after using the brightening serum. Texture is watery and easy to absorb, but that's all. Price for a bottle (30ml) is way too expensive compared to many other products, and it lasts only for 3 months. Conclusion is that I won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by m3iii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on to my second bottle. My skin is normal, however I have hormonal acne which can leave dark spots. This product is great as a spot treatment. The serum noticeably brightens and reduces dark spots within 3weeks of application.

I apply this only at night before moisturising. It can be harsh and very drying on the skin so be sure to apply sparingly on the affected areas.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by nirsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having cancer I became hormonally inbalanced and two big pigmentationspots appeared on my face (one on my forehead, it's 6x6 cm) (they drives me crazy). The saleslady of the perfume store advised me this serum. She garanteed me that the spots would go away within two months. Yeah right. I've used it for 6 months now, 2 times a day. Nothing happened, nothing, nothing at all.
I use other serums too (Chanel and Guerlain). They don't do anything for the spots either, but they do make my skin feels soft and gives it a little bit of radiance (it might also be that the radiance is caused by the flattering light in the bathroom). This serum doesn't even do that. I would throw it away, my it cost so much that I keep on using it. I hope the bottle is almost empty. :-S

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by joyja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used the entire white lucent line for 5 month (Softener, Serum, eye cream, emulsion and creme). The Serum was super expensive (even though I got it at a Shiseido warehouse sale for $80) and it didn't do anything. I had a few sun spots that had appeared from a the last 3-4 years of not wearing proper sunscreen. I had used the serum morning and night religiously and I honestly did not see any spot diminishing. Granted, it is not a bad serum, it hydrates and absorbed quickly, and a great treatment pre-moisturizer. However, for the price and the promises that it makes, I will opt out and not repurchase. I still love Shiseido as a brand but will probably not spend the money on the white lucent line anymore. I will probably downgrade to the Skin-Care line instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this product came nicely packaged, that's all that's good. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and this (along with it's alliances from this line) broke me out terribly.It leaves a white caste with really tiny specks of sparkle, immediately upon application. In the long run, not only did it not clean up my hyper pigmentation and scarring but gave me more when the acne left scars. It was tacky and never quiet absorbed into my skin. I used it along with the toner and cleanser. All this did was make my skin worse. I couldn't even use it as a make up base. I had to chuck it 2 weeks into use. A total waste of $$$. Needless to say, I will never be repurchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd been getting really bad acne for about a year (turns out it was partly hormonal, but also partly due to too many harsh/alcohol-filled products) and once it started to clear up, I wanted to get rid of the marks which made it look like I still had acne -- even though my face was totally clear. My skin is extremely fair, pink-toned, freckle-prone, VERY DRY and sensitive to sun damage and hyperpigmentation. I actually now have a very "crunchy" skincare regime (honey, natural oils, etc) and this was something I bought just before I decided on that. I was afraid to use it for a long time, but now I'm glad it's my non-crunchy crutch. Before I added this to my regime and was only using my new natural stuff, my skin was in good condition, but its tone was not looking as even as I thought it could.

I find this serum very moisturizing and pleasant on my skin, despite the fact that it has alcohol and fragrance. It has a weird, sticky feeling which isn't at all pleasant in itself, but it feels good and soothing once it sinks in. I've noticed a huge change in my red marks and uneven pigmentation since I started using this. My old spots are almost completely faded (and I haven't gone through the whole bottle yet!) and my overall skin tone looks really beautiful and clear. I don't know if it'd be something I'd buy continuously throughout my life or anything, because I don't have anything more I want to fade at the moment. I don't think it's wise to try to get rid of freckles, which come back for most people even with religious sunscreen use (also, they're cute!). If I were to get another bad bout of acne, I would definitely want to try it again, though (considering it's still on the market), because it has worked.