NYX Slim Lip Pencil (All)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I LOVE NYX slim lip pencils! I have two in natural and mauve. I apply it by outlining the lips and coloring in. The color payoff is good and buildable. The color is very longlasting, I ate a plate of rice and chicken and the color remained on my lips (though not the same since the food was fairly greasy but I was pleasantly surprised!) One thing though is that because it is so long lasting, it gets drying. Before applying, put on a sheer layer of lip balm and make sure your lips are not flaky, that's how the liner will apply smoothly and look good, as with any liner.

on 6/24/2015 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm glad to see that this product actually worked for many, because it didn't for me. These were my first lipliners. They swatched on so beautifully on my the back of my hand - smooth, almost buttery, highly pigmented. Alas, they hardly showed on my lips. On top of that, they were very dry and my lips felt like it was being dragged. Upon taking it off, my lips felt funny. I don't quite know how to explain it. It's that feeling of blood rushing to your lips after numbing, and it's not a nice feeling. With lip balm on, application was smoother, but that did not make up for the dismal colour payoff. This product has staved me off lipliners for the time being. Swatches can be deceiving.

on 1/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

these liners are SO dry. the colors are very nice and they swatch well, but they drag so much when you apply them. i was really disappointed, especially since everything else i have from nyx has been really great. these are pretty cheap but there's no way i would ever buy them again.

on 12/14/2014 6:49:00 PM

This lip liner is pretty average. I don't really understand all the people raving about it because I have one big problem with it. It's dry. Like really, really dry. The type of dry that accentuates any cracks you have in your lips. I applied lip balm before hand which made it a little easier but left my lips feeling gunky. Ive used about the half the pencil and will not be repurchasing it when it runs out but for 3.50 it gets the job done well. I bought it in natural and the pigmentation and actual color are very nice. Natural is a great nude color.

on 12/3/2014 11:52:00 AM

I agree with the reviewer beautywithabrain. I don't understand why these lip pencils are being raved about all the time. I bought 2 shades, dolly pink and coral. BOTH are dry and drag when lining the lips - even on well moisturized lips. Since these pencils are more on the drier side i decided to add some lipbalm prior to applying. NO LUCK. The pencil just slid right over the balm and did not deposit any color. Perhaps i got a bad batch? (purchased from ULTA), but I have had far better liners that were softer, creamier AND costed less. These NYX liners aren't crazy expensive but they aren't SUPER cheap neither. Won't be repurchasing anymore...and I will be throwing the 2 I bought, out. Very disappointed.

on 8/26/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hands down my favorite lip liners. Why you ask? Well because they work well, are extremely soft, have a wonderful array of colors to choose from, and are dirt cheap. I refuse to pay out the wazoo for lip liners because I have many times in the past and am always disappointed so these just cannot be beat. To me these go on like high they are high end (or rather how a high end liner SHOULD work), which rocks. I dig these way more than MAC, Laura Mercier, and Lauder liners. These are great for lining as well as all over color. I probably have every color choice that NYX offers and I use them all on the daily.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Though I've been an MUA member for some time, I've not felt convicted to contribute my opinion. Until now.

I just bought 2 of these, in 854 Pale Pink/Rose Pale & 858 Nude Pink/Rose Nude. When swatched on the back of my hand, both colors are beautiful nudes. 854 is a perfect mlbb shade for me.

However, upon application, I find these pencils very draggy, dry, & crumbly (w/ very poor color lay down).

Bad on my naked lips, bad over balm, bad over primer.

I am dumbfounded by the positive reviews on these.

I've used Bobbi Brown's lipliners (exclusively) for the past (almost) 20 years without issue. I had hoped NYX's inexpensive liners could take their places. But they absolutely cannot. Into the garbage these NYX pencils go. (Unacceptable for even my 10-year-old's play makeup kit- I'm afraid these would tear up her lips)!

Please save your time & money.

on 6/25/2014 10:42:00 PM

VERY comparable to Mac formula-wise. Nyx is hit or miss for me... and these liners are a HIT. The formula will vary slightly between colors but I'm yet to find one not up to par. I get these for 3.50 a pop at Ulta!

My ultimate favorite lip liner is from this line - Nude Pink. You have to try it!

on 6/21/2014 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love this lip pencil! A great investment in a cheap way lol. My fav is deep red. Although i hate the fact that the darker its color, the pencil is harder (in my experience, deep red pencil is harder than bloom & peekaboo, so i put more effort to use the deep red). This color is pretty, a bloody solid red, darker than actual red but not too dark as maroon. Perfect with matte finish, and can be creamy if put lip balm first <3

on 2/16/2014 3:28:00 PM

While I gave slim eye/eyebrow pencil 5 stars, i give this slim lipliner 3 stars.

The formulation for lips needs to be reworked. I say, Wet n Wild lipliners does this job better.

Im having a hard time for this pencil to show up with the foundation on. Maybe because it has soft texture and it cant get through the foundie. So i have to do lips first then foundie with this lipliner.

Also, I wish the pigmentation is stronger.

On the other hand, I love the variety of shades NYX has. It's a looott. there's a shade for every one. And I think i have collected half of them all, both for lip and eye/eyebrow. haha