April 18, 2014 | 845 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Slim Lip Pencil

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

While I gave slim eye/eyebrow pencil 5 stars, i give this slim lipliner 3 stars.

The formulation for lips needs to be reworked. I say, Wet n Wild lipliners does this job better.

Im having a hard time for this pencil to show up with the foundation on. Maybe because it has soft texture and it cant get through the foundie. So i have to do lips first then foundie with this lipliner.

Also, I wish the pigmentation is stronger.

On the other hand, I love the variety of shades NYX has. It's a looott. there's a shade for every one. And I think i have collected half of them all, both for lip and eye/eyebrow. haha

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These lip liners are great. They apply nicely and they are very pigmented. I've purchased a few in the past and I'm planning on purchasing a few soon. I used the "fuchsia" color which matched beautifully with Wet n' Wild's "blue rose" lipstick for my senior prom and it stayed all night and didn't bleed or feather. These liners are definitely worth it. They won't fade or get scratched up rolling around in your makeup bag either so that's a plus. They fit a standard sharpener and sharpen nicely without breaking or chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Economical, easy to sharpen, packaging won't look worn easily rolling around in your makeup bag, readily available in a range of flattering colors, and longwearing-not as long wearing as the MUF aqua liners, but at this price point that's a non issue. I plan on purchasing more. Love the shade Nude Truffle. I currently pair it with Bobbi Brown l/s in Cocoa for a subtly defined MLBB look.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I own this lip liner in 5 different colors: Dolly Pink, Plum, Brown, Rose, and Pale Pink. It's amazing! There's a wide variety for you to choose from. It's long lasting, creamy, easy to sharpen, very pigmented, not too drying, and very affordable. Also like that it's made in Germany rather than China like most NYX products!

I use this to line lips of course as well as a layer underneath lipstick. Just make sure you put lip balm on first should you decide to apply this all over your lips!

Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love NYX lip pencils. It's on par with some more expensive brands. I don't like spending a lot on something that's gone from my lips in minutes, maybe hours, so I scrimp on lip products. NYX fits the bill for me -- cheap, great colors, decent staying power. I have the lip pencils in Rose, Mauve, Natural and Coral. I use them all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

LOVE NXY LIP LINERS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Simple and to the point...

I'm kind of a makeup GURU/Junkie. I own EVERYTHING! This company has managed to carry my now favorite lip liner shades EVER in history and is just as good as the high end brands.

Tons of shades and variations of shades in different depths (who does THAT? - AWESOME-NESS for an ethnic girl!).

Just plain great liners that actually seem to hold my gloss/colors and stains in place and work VERY well as an all over lip color with the best variety of NUDES I have ever seen for EVERY skin tone which was HARD TO FIND!

Might be HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by felicialazaar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

NYX for is the the go-to brand for lipliners. There are so many colours and the price is just unbeatable. I love MAC, but I often found that when I bought a MAC lipstick, we could seldomly find a matching lipliner.

Especially if you like pink you are spoilt for choice with these lipliners. 5 Lippies from me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have one NYX lip liner in a pretty, dusty, rose and another in a taupey almost metallic shade (there is a corresponding NYX lip gloss that looks pewter).. Its nice enough, not extraordinary. The finer points are color range, most lip liners in this price range tend to range in rusty browns to very dark pinks that look awful on me and are not smooth going on quite often. These have a great color range, mid tones, and lighter tones than you will find in drugstores or for a similar price. They are smoother and therefore softer so require frequent sharpening to keep a defined tip. They have good wear and when applied over non chapped lips, as a layer under lipstick, also have pretty good staying power. I think I may not appreciate these as much as other because I got "spoiled" on another brand's waterproof lip liners and its a bit hard to go back to regular liners even though those have now been discontinued. I like that this line has a matching liner for many of their more unusual lip glosses which I'd love much more if they did not smell like cough syrup. That's my take and I get that I may be unfairly comparing these to a type of product these don't claim to be which I understand. However I felt I had something relevant to add because of the shade selection and smoothness!
/blendability with lipsticks, the reason being I am over 40 with very dry lips and if these are smooth on me that's says something. I plan on trying another shade again, simply because no other line carries it in this price range. I like Jordana retractable lip liners quite a lot to compare however, these are smoother.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by rosemua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these! I have literally every shade and I use them all of the time, on every single application of makeup I do on someone and myself. I fill the lips in then apply either a lisptick/lipgloss over the top depending on the client because when the lipstick comes away, the colour from these is still there! They come in a great range of shades, they're super cheap and they're easy to use. My number #1 lipliner so far.