December 22, 2014 | 1108 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Slim Lip Pencil (All)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

This lip liner is pretty average. I don't really understand all the people raving about it because I have one big problem with it. It's dry. Like really, really dry. The type of dry that accentuates any cracks you have in your lips. I applied lip balm before hand which made it a little easier but left my lips feeling gunky. Ive used about the half the pencil and will not be repurchasing it when it runs out but for 3.50 it gets the job done well. I bought it in natural and the pigmentation and actual color are very nice. Natural is a great nude color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer beautywithabrain. I don't understand why these lip pencils are being raved about all the time. I bought 2 shades, dolly pink and coral. BOTH are dry and drag when lining the lips - even on well moisturized lips. Since these pencils are more on the drier side i decided to add some lipbalm prior to applying. NO LUCK. The pencil just slid right over the balm and did not deposit any color. Perhaps i got a bad batch? (purchased from ULTA), but I have had far better liners that were softer, creamier AND costed less. These NYX liners aren't crazy expensive but they aren't SUPER cheap neither. Won't be repurchasing anymore...and I will be throwing the 2 I bought, out. Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down my favorite lip liners. Why you ask? Well because they work well, are extremely soft, have a wonderful array of colors to choose from, and are dirt cheap. I refuse to pay out the wazoo for lip liners because I have many times in the past and am always disappointed so these just cannot be beat. To me these go on like high they are high end (or rather how a high end liner SHOULD work), which rocks. I dig these way more than MAC, Laura Mercier, and Lauder liners. These are great for lining as well as all over color. I probably have every color choice that NYX offers and I use them all on the daily.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by beautywithabrain

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Though I've been an MUA member for some time, I've not felt convicted to contribute my opinion. Until now.

I just bought 2 of these, in 854 Pale Pink/Rose Pale & 858 Nude Pink/Rose Nude. When swatched on the back of my hand, both colors are beautiful nudes. 854 is a perfect mlbb shade for me.

However, upon application, I find these pencils very draggy, dry, & crumbly (w/ very poor color lay down).

Bad on my naked lips, bad over balm, bad over primer.

I am dumbfounded by the positive reviews on these.

I've used Bobbi Brown's lipliners (exclusively) for the past (almost) 20 years without issue. I had hoped NYX's inexpensive liners could take their places. But they absolutely cannot. Into the garbage these NYX pencils go. (Unacceptable for even my 10-year-old's play makeup kit- I'm afraid these would tear up her lips)!

Please save your time & money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by malibu64

VERY comparable to Mac formula-wise. Nyx is hit or miss for me... and these liners are a HIT. The formula will vary slightly between colors but I'm yet to find one not up to par. I get these for 3.50 a pop at Ulta!

My ultimate favorite lip liner is from this line - Nude Pink. You have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip pencil! A great investment in a cheap way lol. My fav is deep red. Although i hate the fact that the darker its color, the pencil is harder (in my experience, deep red pencil is harder than bloom & peekaboo, so i put more effort to use the deep red). This color is pretty, a bloody solid red, darker than actual red but not too dark as maroon. Perfect with matte finish, and can be creamy if put lip balm first <3

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

While I gave slim eye/eyebrow pencil 5 stars, i give this slim lipliner 3 stars.

The formulation for lips needs to be reworked. I say, Wet n Wild lipliners does this job better.

Im having a hard time for this pencil to show up with the foundation on. Maybe because it has soft texture and it cant get through the foundie. So i have to do lips first then foundie with this lipliner.

Also, I wish the pigmentation is stronger.

On the other hand, I love the variety of shades NYX has. It's a looott. there's a shade for every one. And I think i have collected half of them all, both for lip and eye/eyebrow. haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These lip liners are great. They apply nicely and they are very pigmented. I've purchased a few in the past and I'm planning on purchasing a few soon. I used the "fuchsia" color which matched beautifully with Wet n' Wild's "blue rose" lipstick for my senior prom and it stayed all night and didn't bleed or feather. These liners are definitely worth it. They won't fade or get scratched up rolling around in your makeup bag either so that's a plus. They fit a standard sharpener and sharpen nicely without breaking or chipping.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Economical, easy to sharpen, packaging won't look worn easily rolling around in your makeup bag, readily available in a range of flattering colors, and longwearing-not as long wearing as the MUF aqua liners, but at this price point that's a non issue. I plan on purchasing more. Love the shade Nude Truffle. I currently pair it with Bobbi Brown l/s in Cocoa for a subtly defined MLBB look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

I own this lip liner in 5 different colors: Dolly Pink, Plum, Brown, Rose, and Pale Pink. It's amazing! There's a wide variety for you to choose from. It's long lasting, creamy, easy to sharpen, very pigmented, not too drying, and very affordable. Also like that it's made in Germany rather than China like most NYX products!

I use this to line lips of course as well as a layer underneath lipstick. Just make sure you put lip balm on first should you decide to apply this all over your lips!

Recommended!