September 21, 2014 | 1941 users online

Eyeliner - Elizabeth Arden - Eye Pencil in Umber

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by BlackPinStripes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

gorgeous brown-copper that complements my black-brown eyes perfectly. it goes on very rich and smooth. i even got a compliment :D the pencil and cap is also good quality. the staying power isnt the best, it fades some, smudges and creates some raccoon eye, after about 4 hours. but i still use it because its not so noticeable, and the smudging doesnt really look bad. cant expect too much because i have oily lids anyways.
btw: i found this in my moms old makeup bag. i looked on their website and i dont think they make this anymore

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2009 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ambrat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like the umber shade for lining my eyes and have used it for years. But what I really love is the bronze shade for lining my lips! Bar-none, it's one of my favorite lip liners year after year because it adds a slight contrast while easily blended with any color. Just something I stumbled upon as a teen since it's a nice look paired with frosty, warm pink lipstick or gloss.

Would buy them both again, and yes, they do run out rather quickly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner pencil. It goes on smoothly, looks super natural but still defined and looks lightly smoky. My only problem with this is that it doesn't last. I doesn't still put at all, even if I don't touch my eyelids. I don't have a problem with this with my other eyeliners so I think it's just this one. :/ It doesn't tug at my eyelids at all and goes on so smoothly. The colour looks natural when I'm not in the mood for black eyeliner and really makes my eyes look so much more brighter and awake. It gives definition but it doesn't make you look like your wearing tons of eyeliner. I will definitely repurchase, but I just wished it was more long lasting. :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 11:30:00 AM More reviews by groovinchic

I love this pencil. It's one of the few pencil eyeliners that do not pull on my sensitive skin and it is a beautiful color. It really complements my dark brown eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by tkh777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first eyeliner and I loved it. It is so smooth and has decent staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

It's very easy to put on, agreed. Soft, and smooth.

But it smudges so easily! without rubbing my eyes at all, it had smudged completely in less than two hours!
i don't know why :(

so yeh, i wouldn't buy it again.

UPDATE: i seem to have two versions of this pencil... one which is EXCELLENT, easy to put on, doesn't smudge all day, long lasting, my HG liner, and the other absolutely terrible (the original review was for the terrible one). To average things out, i'm upping the original rating. But i'm not so sure they still make this pencil?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by chelleywhite

I've yet to find a better pencil eyeliner. The deep dark brown colour that's easy to apply (not skippy or scratchy), stays put all day and never breaks when sharpened - HG! I use this every day and highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 9:40:00 PM More reviews by bluemeanie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG eyeliner brand/color for 10+ years! I have brown eyes, and I love the shade of brown that Umber is. It's not to dark and muddy looking. I like the consistency of the pencil tip -- it goes on smooth. I apply it with light to moderate pressure and it smudges nicely (on purpose). I do not wear eyeshadow, so my pencils are really important.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 4:58:00 AM More reviews by seba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Since I love Color Intrigue eyeliner in Sage so much, I decided to get another shade. Umber and Pewter caught my eye the most. These shades are softer shimmery type, best to use by themselves or with neutral color eyeshadows. Umber is shimmery medium brown, a tad darker and not as gold as MAC Bountiful Brown Powerpoint. (PS: I think the shade Umber in Color Intrigue line is different than the discontinued eye pencil line. CI Umber is similar to the shade Doe in the pencil line but Doe is matte). It's really pretty smudged underline, but the staying power is not so great though. Quite expensive here, about US$19.
Update: My fave look is to use black liner like MAC Blacktrack on lashline and Umber just above it, topped with MAC Tempting eyeshadows. Perfect combo!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2005 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sph188

This is the nicest eye pencil I've ever had. I have it in a pretty gray color which is gorgeous. It's very soft and goes on smoothly, not like Clinique which seems kind of hard and hurts a little to put on. It's not cheap, but it's lasting a long time. I really like it.