December 22, 2014 | 955 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Anna Sui - Foundation Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best foundation primer I have ever used.
I've tried Dior, Shiseido, Lancome, Revlon, Estee Lauder, Guerlain (I do love "L'Or becuase of the gold flakes that "magically" disappear), NYX HD and Laura Mercier, among others. And this beats them all.
I have been using this on and off for about three years - I've tried the plain UV one in the white tube, the Color Correct one in the silver tube and now I'm on the Moisturizing one in the heart shaped pump bottle and they are all equally efficacious.
Has a great texture (the ones in tubes are a bit thicker and creamier), spreads easily and you don't need a whole heap of product either. Certain ones do have an amount of very fine shimmer, so check this first if you don't want a glowy effect under your face base.
These are quite heavily fragranced with the typical Anna Sui tea rose scent, so if you are sensitive to this, feel free to skip but the smell doesn't last past application on me.
I generally apply to clean, moisturized skin (I wait about 20 minutes after applying moisturizer, but YMMV) and then leave it to settle for about 30 seconds (while my Milani eye primer also sets) before I apply my foundation.
My base lasts about 12 - 13 hours, though I do get a little bit of an oily forehead and nose after about 7 - 8 but a bit of blotting paper fixes that. I don't need to touch up anything during the day either (mostly because I'm too dang lazy but I don't touch my face a lot either).
This is expensive though, I pay about $45NZD on Strawberrynet but it does last for months and if you have the tube kind, when it gets low and hard to squeeze out the last little bit, snip it open with scissors and you'll get about another weeks worth! But for me, totally worth it.
I have got my BFF on to it as well and she loves it.
HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present and I think it is a pretty decent primer and I've tried a lot of different ones (both high end and drug store) before.

Pros:
- It's a very good moisturising primer (perfect for my combination dry skin and I think this will be great for people with dry skin)
- Does the job as a base for my foundation
- I like the smell a lot which may put off some people - I think it smells like jasmine and rose - which is perfect for me because they are two of my favourite things in the world!

Cons:
- I just saw that this retails for $30+. Nowadays there are so many primers on the market that you could probably get a primer that does just as good as a job for a lot cheaper
- I'm not a huge fan of the packaging - looks kind of cheap-ish for me

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Grrr this made me break out sooo badly, I regret buying it more than anything, its so annoying, it smells amazing but not too keen on the whole spotty face a day after look..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 10:00:00 AM More reviews by saikick

I walked over to an Anna Sui counter 2 years ago, and the SA was so pushy to make me try the complete line.

I was stupid and fell for the cute packaging, and also have heard great stories from my friends in Japan.

I don't know if the stuff they put in Anna Sui are different over here compared to Japan, but my oh my...This primer SMELLED nice but it broke my face out like there is no tomorrow. The texutre was almost too watery for me, and it felt rather gross on my skin. I totally regret buying this out on a whim, and the SA gave me a guarentee, that this will work well with my skin!

Moral of the story: know your products before you buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I like this product as it smooths out my face very well. Kept my foundation on and flawless for the wole day and kept my makeup feeling 'fresh'.
I woul definately buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this, it didn't do anything for my skin or my make-up, my make-up did not stay in place and it smelled horribly of roses. I didn't care for the scent at all. Waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by littlebutterfly

LOVE IT! Leaves my face very smooth and my foundation goes on so much better. It also helps keep me from becoming oily so my foundation and blush last quite a long time. A big plus for me as I am a freelance interpreter that works 14 hour days in all kinds of locations. Makes it pretty difficult to touch up my makeup. This is my first experience using a primer and I'm thrilled. Slight rose smell, but isn't overpowering and fades after a bit. It's actually quite a nice perk while I'm getting ready in the morning!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I just got this in the mail from Sephora! This is the first primer ive ever used, but I decided I needed one as my makeup was fading and even with a good moisturizer and normal exfoliation every makeup I tried was highlighting any little flakies I had. I used this under my Clear Complexion Almay foundation and my skin looks fresh and feels very comfortable. I actually love the rose smell, and it does fade after a while. I am definately glad I tried this, and wish I would have a long time ago. Sort of expensive at 19 bucks but worth every penny

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Penelope

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This primer works pretty well, I've never really used a primer before so it's hard to compare, but I thought it was time to start. I find that foundation will sometimes break up on my nose, and I also have flakies occasionally, but using this primer before foundation seems to alleviate these problems nicely. It's a fairly small bottle, but it's only $19, and you only need a little bit for the whole face, so I think it will last a while. Adorable gold bottle with a butterfly on it, and the primer smells like roses, very nice.