Biologique Recherche creme dermopurifiante

4.5

Creme Dermo-Purifiante. Biologique Recherche. Purifying Face Cream for Unbalanced Skin.WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, MINERAL OIL (PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM) STEARIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LANOLIN OIL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, HYDROLYZED SILK, MIMOSA BARK EXTRACT (MIMOSA TENUIFLORA), ARNICA EXTRACT (ARNICA MONTANA), HYDROCOTYL EXTRACT (CENTELLA ASIATICA), YEAST EXTRACT (FAEX), BLADDERWRAK EXTRACT (FUCUS VESICULOSUS), HORSETAIL EXTRACT (EQUISETUM ARVENSE), CUCUMBER FRUIT EXTRACT (CUCUMIS SATIVUS), BIRCH BARK EXTRACT (BETULA ALBA), IVY EXTRACT (HEDERA HELIX), THYME EXTRACT (THYMUS VULGARIS), YARROW EXTRACT (ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM), LAVANDER ETRACT (LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA), HORSE CHESNUT EXTRACT (AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM), MYRTLE EXTRACT (MYRTUS COMUNIS), ONION BULB EXTRACT (ALLIUM CEPA), MYRRH RESIN EXTRACT (COMMIPHORA MYRRHA), WITCH HAZEL BARK/LEAF/TWIG EXTRACT (HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA), ST JOHN'S WORT FLOWER/LEAF/STEM EXTRACT (HYPERICUM PERFORATUM), LACTIC ACID, GLUCONOLACTONE, CITRIC ACID, UREA, ALLANTOIN, SERINE, VINEGAR, RHIZOBIAN GUM, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, NIACINAMIDE, ASCORBIC ACID, TRIETHANOLAMINE LACTATE, SODIUM LACTATE, SALICYLIC ACID, SODIUM BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, SORBITOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIETHYLENE GLYCOL, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, ISOPROPANOL, CETEARETH-33, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CARBOMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, CHLORPHENESIN, METHYLPARABEN, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHYAZOLINONE, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, ALCOHOL.

on 8/26/2015 11:09:00 PM

Like the P50 1970 lotion, this product really works for me, but it also confuses me. Like the P50 lotion that is the star of the line, this has a unique ingredient list that I don't quite get (and a weird smell to match!), but manages to work and make my skin look fantastic. Strong exfoliants and retinoids can make my skin a little bit flaky in the colder months, and this has completely taken care of that while not breaking me out and somehow calming my skin at the same time.

Like many reviewers have already said, it's packaged in a tub, is beige-colored, smells a bit odd (as the others said, like yeast or root vegetables) and has the consistency of buttercream frosting. You only need the smallest amount (about the size of a lima bean), and if you rub it between your fingers before applying it, it melts a bit and makes application very easy. I apply it as the last step in my nighttime routine.

If you've tried the P50 and like it, have combination/oily skin that's prone to breakouts, and are looking for a nighttime moisturizer, this may be a good choice. (My other standby is Cheryl Lee MD TrueLipids Lotion. I don't think I can review it ATM, but wanted to throw it out there as a cheaper alternative. It's also fantastic - even more moisturizing/repairing than the dermopurifiante, and doesn't break me out).

on 5/12/2015 10:04:00 PM

I love this product, its def a HG product, but the smell is veeery strong. It cost me $83 AUD plus postage, and you get a fairly small tub for that price, but a fingertips worth does my whole face so I can see it lasting for ages.

Pros: This has completely changed my skin! It feels like velvet going on, and makes my face insanely smooth and lovely. For me it acts like a primer and pore minimiser under makeup - I've been able to throw out so many other products thanks to this. My foundation glides on and looks wonderful. No more cakeyness or dry spots. It dries super quickly too which I love, as I'm impatient and in a hurry. My face stays nice and hydrated all day. I struggle with breakouts and facial burning after applying many moisturisers, but this has never caused a problem. Instead, its very calming for my skin. Even if I only use it once a week, the difference it makes is noticeable and I would continue to buy it.

Cons: The only downside for me is the smell...its sort of like yeast or something, but its so strong that I cannot use the product anytime close to bed or it keeps me awake at night. I have switched to using it in the morning or well before bed time to give the smell a chance to dissipate. Sometimes it still bothers me and I have to wash it off. My boyfriend detests the smell and so I don't put it on on days I'm going to see him, which is a hassle (though he said it does make my skin silky smooth).

Verdict: Wonderful product, but I wouldn't recommend it to people who are bothered by smells. If this product didn't smell even 50% as strongly I would put it on constantly and recommend it to everyone. That said, I am very sensitive to smells and have a lot of allergies, so if you can I recommend getting a tester before purchasing to see if you can handle it. For me, using it even a few times a week has made a huge difference to my skin and I have had many compliments!

on 3/30/2015 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in conjunction with the P50 and serum iribiol - I was hoping this and the serum would help me get through the skin purging phase of the P50. I really wanted to like this cream - I love the consistency and it melts into skin really nicely. I even wore it under makeup. However, this smells SO BAD I just could not get over it. I would literally hold my breath while applying. I just decided enough was enough and for the price of this cream, I shouldn't want to gag every time I put it on.

on 3/4/2015 1:45:00 AM

I began using this line back in October and I'm a total convert. When I started using it, I began with the Lait U cleanser, the P50 1970, the Complex Iribiol serum, and this moisturizer. My skin saw such huge improvements. However, I did notice that my skin--while super clear and bright--seemed super oily. My esthetician suggested that it might be because I needed more moisture, as it's wintertime, so I switched to the Hydravit cream and the oil is far more under control. So: I didn't experience the mattifying promises of this cream, but I did with the Hydravit. So: if you find that this one isn't working for you, maybe move a step up?

on 12/22/2014 11:41:00 AM

I am using this product in combination with the P50 1970, Paula's Choice B9, and Retin A Micro 0.1%. Yes, all those products at the same time! So, this is not a controlled study of just the one product.

First: The product smells horrible. It fades after a few minutes, but I can still smell it occasionally many minutes after it was applied. This is not the chemical smell of the P50 1970, but an organic funk. Second, the packaging leaves something to be desired. It is a plastic pot that looks like a drugstore item. Third, the consistency is odd, almost like a whipped mousse product.

That said, in combination with the products above, it is helping my very difficult skin. I am trying to treat very stubborn clogged pores and sebaceous hyperplasia (SH). With these treatments, the SH is improving. Is it gone? No. Are the lesions much smaller? Yes. I am hoping that over time the SH lesions will flatten and possibly disappear.

The crème leaves my skin soft and smooth without any oily sheen. It also seems to control shine. I don't understand how it works, but it does seem to work. So, even though it stinks, I am going to stick with it and see if I can improve my skin. It is expensive (my jar cost about $87), but that is cheaper than lasers or professional peels, and I am hoping it will continue to improve my very difficult, clogged skin. I will update this review over time to report on whether there is continued improvement.

on 12/2/2014 11:37:00 PM

Holy Grail!!!! I've never written a review on here but have faithfully read reviews for years. I had to for this product. Combined with the P50 1970, this cream has changed my skin. It truly is magic. I have tried everything out there and never had beautiful results like this. My skin is soft and hydrated and firm and glowing! I almost want to keep it the secret it is because if it went widely mainstream the quality might slack off. The price is not cheap but thankful it's not 300 or 400 like SOME creams I have bought in the past (to include a cream made from Foreskins, with zero results!) buy it try it, I will be a lifelong customer. I'm 37 and have only been using this cream for a week. I am a smoker and my skin is lackluster. I have large pores. My pores appear much smaller and my skin looks renewed, vibrant, and glowy. You'll get used to the smell, it is worth it! My boyfriend swears I smell like a car battery, burning wires, and old pizza. He is dramatic, it's not that bad. I will update if I see any changes worthy of noting!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am apparently in the minority, but this moisturizer broke me out--not terribly (not cysctic), but still.
To be fair, I also used their Lotion P50V 1970 (as was recommended), which stings. Together, my face broke out worse than usual.
I've since switched to Acure Sensitive moisturizer, and my skin feels less sensitive and (knock on wood) seems to be breaking out less.
The Biologique Recherche moisturizer comes in a jar, and it seems unsanitary to dig one's fingers in.
I do, however, love their Masque Vivant for helping with acne.
I only use products without parabens, so that is one plus for the Masque Vivant and Creme Dermopurificante.

on 11/12/2014 8:55:00 PM

This works but it's expensive and I can't figure out why it works. One of the strangest products I've ever purchased. I don't use it all the time, usually at night when I take a break from my comfort cream. It's expensive but I can't complain. It's not appealing to look at and doesn't have a pleasant scent. But it's one of those purchases I will keep making. Definitely a good buy for combination skin that's tends to flare occasionally.

on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM

Part of the magic.
Everything you've read is true: expensive, stinky, cheesy packaging, etc. I don't know why it works, it just does. When I use the rest of my BR products for oily skin and skip this, it's not the same. It feels heavy at first but lightens up and becomes pretty matte quickly. This moisturizes well and therefore lasts a long time. I'm in - I'll be buying the oily skin regimen from this line as long as I can.

on 7/2/2014 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have only been using this product for four days at the time of writing this review and already I adore this cream fully. I really do. Creme Dermopurifiante has remedied what has been going on badly with my skin for like the past year and a half. It dries up my acne very quickly after I have finished washing my face in the mornings and in the evenings. I can even feel it working and can see and feel the difference it has made to my mild to moderate acne throughout the day at work!

This cream is unbelievable in the best possible way. I think the P50 1970 that I use before I apply Creme Dermopurifiante preps the skin by exfoliating it so that this cream can work better possibly? I don't know. I even use the Clarins Lotus face treatment oil before I use this cream and it all still works. The oil seems to bring all pimples I have to the surface on my face for the most part and then the Creme Dermopurifiante just dries them up right away almost in the blink of an eye, man! Wow!

But as stupidly pricey as this is along with the rest of Biologique Recherche's products I think I may need to stick with Creme Dermopurifiante for the rest of my life now! D'oh : )