September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Full Frame Protective Volumizing Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a hairstylist, I'm always encouraging my clients to use something that protects their hair from heat. When I do a blow dry, I'm always mixing volumizing mousse and protective serums to make some kind of concoction that gives the hair fullness without frizz, and doesn't destroy the hair in the process.
We don't carry this product at my salon, but we should.Because this is seriously the end-all, be-all of products. When I use this, after washing my hair, i let it dry and then flat iron it before curling it (I'm 24; i',m not trying to look like an 80s newswoman, and thats what happens if I don't flat iron first.) It holds all day (which is hard, when you flat iron beforehand) and looks sooo much shinier and healthier. And then, I leave my hair alone for 3 days before washing it again, and... I DONT HAVE TO RESTYLE IT. It HOLDS. Not in a stiff way, but in a natural way. So yeah, by day 3 the curls are obviously deflated and a little more textured than day 1, but theyre still there.
AND it protects against UV rays (drying,) color fade, and thermal styling. If you have only one product for your hair, it should be this one.
(Keep in mind, people- almost every product is meant to be used in conjunction with manual styling. I'm sorry, but there isn't a product out there that is going to make your hair look like you spent 35 minutes in a styling chair, if you just throw it in and go about your day. So if you think it's sticky, that's because you prepared the hair... and then left it. It's sticky so that it has hold WHEN YOU STYLE IT. The stickiness goes away after you round brush or flat iron or whatever you do. it's here to help you, not do everything for you.)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Blummerlo

It does make my hair silky soft, however I do have to round brush it to get that effect. As for volume l guess it's average , nothing spectacular.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ktscootrpie

I don't normally post reviews, but I always read them before buying a new product. My hair is fine with long layers (medium brown), and is about 5 to 6 inches below my shoulders. My stylist recommended I try this product to give my hair some life, but after seeing all the "sticky" reviews I was a bit hesitant. But I'm so glad I decided to try it! If you use this product CORRECTLY, your hair will not get sticky. I only used about 1 to 1 1/2 golf ball sized pump of product, which I worked into my roots and throughout the rest of my hair. I also applied Redken's repair lotion to my ends, which makes it silky. The two together has given my hair lightweight, movable volume, without all the stickiness people have been complaining about. LOVE THIS STUFF!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I have very naturally curly hair which I have decided to embrace. This mousse when mixed with a slightly stiffer one (about a 3 to 1 - 3XRedken to 1X Tressemme extra hold) works well to hold the curly without making it too stiff. I also like a creme polish from Redken I use prior to the mousse. Actually surprised me because of past experiences with Redken. I really get tired of the crispy hair so this is a great find for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My sister handed down this product to me recently after receiving it from a coworker who has some type of a connection with a salon bcs she gets very pricey products for free.
I don't use Redken products bcs I've tried a few before but they did not impress me in any way whatsoever. I have no idea how much this costs but I assume that it's not cheap in comparison to most of my other products that I purchase at Sally's (or drugstores).
The packaging was very confusing for me at first and I almost broke it due to not knowing how to use it. The nozzle that dispenses the product is round and flat at the top (very strange). It smells like Redken (their products all smell similar to me) and it is very sticky. The instructions also state to use a "small amount" on wet hair. I don't really know what they mean by "small amount" so I just applied a little less than a handful (this stuff expands like crazy) to wet hair and blowdried. I wasn't super impressed initially because it left my hair feeling kind of sticky and heavy. I figured maybe I used too much product, but I am used to doing that since I have long/thick hair.
Well, I woke up the following day to my hair looking really nice. Though nothing extreme, there's a definite difference in volume and my hair feels softer. I like that it actually volumized my hair throughout (from roots to ends) instead of just roots like most other volumizing products tend to do ime.
I like it and am glad that I got the chance to try it for free. But I don't think I will purchase because of the price of Redken products, availability (I don't shop at salons), and it is not something that I will use regularly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by jumpsnoopy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a trial-sized version of this in a sampler of Redken hair products, tried it Saturday night and am rushing out to buy the full size ASAP. This stuff is amazing. I have fine, somewhat thin hair and it's always a battle for me to try to get volume in it. I've tried the Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus, a volcanic ash amplifier from David Babaii and countless other products, and while they work initially, my hair always gets flat an hour or so later, especially because I live in a very humid area. Not the case with this stuff. At the end of the night, my hair was still as big as at the beginning! I use a good amount on the roots of damp hair and blowdry with a round brush, lifting up as I go. The result is perfect volume without looking stiff or clumpy.

I think the trick, for those who have said it's too sticky or stiff, is to make sure you brush through it enough when you're blowdrying. It was sticky at first when I was using it, but brushing it distributes it and gets rid of the stickiness.

This is my new, must-have HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tab1967

This mousse is extremely sticky and made my hair feel very dry and stiff after application. I blew dry my hair, used a round brush and my hair was tangling in the brush. I knew this product was a mistake to use when it didn't rinse off my hands easily. Most of the Redken styling products are no good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just purchased this mousse and tried few hours ago. I love this product! I have straight, shoulder-length hair that are very fine. This mousse gave my hair lots of volume and it looks much better than when Im using other brand mousses. Will purchase again. The bottle is really big, I wish they have travel size mousse.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by bombshellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging but that's about it. This really didnt work on my hair. My hair is quite think and full without mousse but i like using it for a little something extra. This just made my hair feeling really stiff and clumped together :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

I use this before I blow-dry my hair and then use a flat-iron to curl it. It gives me volume and pretty good hold - my hair is stick-straight, so nothing really works perfect for keeping curl, but the mousse really provides body. If you combine this with the Body Full shampoo and conditioner, you will have incredible volume!

I have not found this to be sticky at all. I think people that are saying that are applying too much product. I use 2 golf-ball sized mounds for my thick, long hair. The only occasion it has even been sticky was when I tried to apply it two days in a row without washing my hair.