April 18, 2014 | 1474 users online

Loose Powders - Garden Botanika - Natural Finish Loose Powder in Translucent

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This powder was recommended in Dr. Baumann's book, and I have to say she was right-on with this one. GB's formula is calming to the skin, and feels protective. I didn't realize that my previous powder was irritating my skin until I switched-- the difference was immediate. I had been using L'Oreal's Translucide for a few years, back when I wasn't checking ingredients as thoroughly! Now, instead of having a dry/itchy feeling, my skin feels comfortable and smooth with this product. I also like that it disappears on the skin, and just smooths over everything (there's no obvious "powdered" look). The only other loose powder I've had such a good experience with was Laura Mercier, and this is half the price w/more natural ingredients. I also appreciate that this company is cruelty-free, and their customer service is fantastic. This is my new HG loose powder.

**One tip: if you're interested in GB products, order them directly from the company. For some reason, they're much cheaper (ex: this powder was $28 at ULTA, but only $19 online. I noticed their other products were marked up similarly.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by kylesgirl407

A good powder but the packaging is a nightmare. The cap is really hard to get off because its not a twist cap. Suprising for how expensive it is. The first time I peeled the sticker off, it stuck to the sifting tray. Leaving behind a sticky paper mess. I paid $28 for it so I returned it. At Ulta, the girl told me to poke holes in the sticker to keep from getting a mess. I didn't think that made much sense because most brands put a sticker in the tray that you just peel and it comes right off. So I started with the new one by poking holes, then I was able to peel it off carefully. Why put a sticker on if you're not suppose to peel it off?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I learned of this product on MUA. Am I glad I did. Most translucent powders have ashy undertones; this one does not and leaves a soft, glowing matte finish. Buffs into foundation very nicely with GB's dome powder brush. Safe for my skin too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like how light this powder goes on, nice soft matte polish look. it seem to help in aiding with my pimples too, because most powder would likely make it worst. soften my blemish. my skin seem to respond well with GB makeup so i will stick with this powder. loose powder is the only makeup i'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2004 4:05:00 AM More reviews by purpledream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great loose powder. The best part: it doesn't contan talc! Sets makeup wonderfully and keeps skin nice and matte, but not chalky. I also really like the container. The top twists once to lock into place, and the sifter also twists to close the sifter holes. You can only buy this online, which is kind of annoying. Still, I'd buy this again.