October 23, 2014 | 1228 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Glycolic gel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This product is AMAZING

Thanks to mario badescu I'm now obsessed with glycolic acid.
I use this with the mario badescu glycolic acid toner and it makes my skin glow like I've never seen it, two of my friends noticed and told me. Takes away dullness and does it job. Also the gel FLATTENS pimples over night and if it doesn't it speeds up the healing process majorly.
Once I had a HUGE cystic zit, probably the biggest one I ever had, gross enough I popped it, cleaned it, then applied this gel with mario badescu's drying cream and in 2 sleeps in was completely flat. Definitely recommend this it's a must have.

If I ran out of this product I'd die, so yes I will be re purchasing. HOLY GRAIL ITEM

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Nicolebby

I had to wait a while before I reviewed this product because for awhile, I didn't know how I felt about it. I have been using this product two times a week for the last three months and I am ready to give a review.

Before I use this, I wash my face with my Clarisonic Mia 2, use toner, and then apply. I don't even use a moisturizer on the nights that is use this product. After continued use, I have noticed that the blackheads on my nose are not as visible (about a month ago I started using Biore pore strips to help with this issue as well) and my skin is noticeably softer and smoother. Also, my old acne scars are definitely lighter which I am grateful for (I can't give all the credit to this product, however, since I also use Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector in these areas). I don't know if it's just me, but when I use this, for about a minute or two after I apply it to my face, it burns a bit.

For $25 USD for a two ounce bottle, it is cheaper than my Clinique product but still on the pricey side. Regardless, I will definitely repurchase when this bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has done miracles for my skin. I've always been prone to a spot or two but I had the worst break out of my life a few weeks ago with deep cystic pimples and strange spots under the skin. It was so depressing I started to use this. I use it over rose hip oil under and under moisturiser to stop it drying me out and its working wonders. It's healing my spots and preventing new breakouts. I actually like the bottle and since you only need a tiny bit it'll last forever. I should also say that I don't apply all over, just on trouble areas which is around my chin and jaw line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Gidella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've recently come back to this after a few years of absence. Primarily because I couldn't afford it again until now. I've only been using it for a few days but I can already tell a slight difference. My skin is healing and clearing up from the last couple of months outbreak of cystic acne and the usual pimples. I think it's even making the pores less congested, which is all good in my book. But it'll take more time before my skin looks "good" again, I expect at least a month or more for the glycolic gel to really work.

I've found it's best to put this on immediately after my toner. Then I use the buffering lotion, then moisturizer and then the healing cream. And lastly I put a dab of drying cream on the cysts. Before I'd always try to put the glycolic gel on after all of the above and it'd just rub everything else of my face. I've been using this every night and benzoyl peroxide during the days. I don't combine the glycolic gel with the benzoyl peroxide as they don't mix on me at least.

I do think it's important not to overuse it. Too much and your skin will get really dry. It's important to have a balance between the treatments and moisturizing. I use both Nivea's day cream for dry skin and the MB's healing cream, and still my skin isn't as oily as it used to be. I therefor don't think the glycolic gel is for, sensitive, dry or combined skin as it'll probably be too harsh. But I recommend it to people with oily skin as it helps to keep your skin clean and without pimples.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Nailsjess

I have only used this product once overnight and I love what it did to my skin! It severely reduced my blackheads and made my skin very smooth and soft. The only downside is the packaging, but it wont prevent me from repurchasing this item! It is a godsent for my oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sga35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

After five weeks of using this product, my skin appears smoother as the blackheads are noticeably reduced. The area below my eyes, nose, and check bones contained a large amount of the blackheads. Cystic acne shows up on the side and creases of my nose and on my checks. This product has dramatically reduced the scars left from the cystic acne from my nose creases and on the lower part of my checks.
Overall, I love this product. My skin was damaged after using ProActive for two years. It left my skin overly sensitive, severely acne prone, and extremely dry. Normally, my skin is/was oily with moderate acne (stress/monthly). In addition to this product, Iím using BM Buffing Lotion (love), Enzyme Cleansing Gel (very nice), A.H.A. & Ceramide Moisturizer (night), Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30, and the Drying Lotion (whiteheads & surface pimples ONLY).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by nola80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product 3-4 times a week for a month and feel ready to review. First off I was afraid to use this product because as of late my skin has been sensitive to practically everything and I suddenly have a lot of redness since I turned 30! I don't have acne but lots of whiteheads/blackheads in the tzone and my bronzer that I had a reaction to has left some noticeable scars on my cheeks. I bought this on a whim and was surprised the first time I used it my skin was not irritated or red the morning after but I was sure with continued use I would have a reaction.....This product has changed everything! My blackheads on my nose have diminished significantly, so much so all my sisters and husband have commented and want to try this product now. The scarring on my cheek are almost gone and this was all within the first 2 weeks of use. I can't completely attest that it was only this product that helped since I also started using a plethora of Dermalogica products but this has improved the areas that I put it on overnight. I think the price is reasonable for the amount of product and you only need to use a lightly. I'm so in love with my skin right now, so much so that I've started using tinted moisturizers since I don't need much coverage anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jjapples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I didn't realise how good this product was until I stopped using it. I was recently sick in beds for over a week and did nothing to my face in that time. Since getting better I've noticed some little whiteheads and a lot of blackheads and just the general surface of my skin isn't as smooth as it has been whilst using this gel. Needless to say I'm right back on it.
I have oily skin so I use it every night in conjunction with MB Glycolic Toner and the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser in the mornings and it doesn't dry me out at all, but I have noticed I am less oily during day, and wake up with almost no oil slick each morning, than I used to be (not sure if that's down to this or the other products but all I use now is MB). If you don't have oily skin maybe every other night would be safer but I have no tingling or burning when I use them. The only thing I get is smooth, even-toned skin.
At around $38 Australian it's a good buy because you use such a small amount that it will last quite a while. I've had mine for around 3 months and with nightly use I'm not quite half way through the bottle yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by thursdayschildx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, my skin hasn't looked this good in over 8 years. I have always known that I should exfoliate but I used exfoliators with little beads etc and I just found that they would only irritate my very acne-prone skin further. When I was given a sample of this, I was very skeptical, especially because of the high glycolic concentration, thinking that it would make my skin even dryer. But after one night, I noticed an immediate difference! Now after about 5 weeks of using it nightly, my skin is smoother and softer, my whiteheads are gone and my scarring is clearing up also. People have been commenting about how much better my skin looks! I never thought I'd find a serum so good- and relatively so cheap- ($38 AU a bottle at Kit Cosmetics- a little goes a very long way). Also, I had a few fine lines due to dry skin but now they are gone (I think it helps moisturiser work better, I use the MB oil-free one). I wouldn't recommend it to those with overly sensitive skin- but everyone else- it is definitely worth a try! I'm absolutely amazed!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by shelsbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never had bad acne but my black heads were outrageous! Two weeks after using this i had none. My esthetician was shocked the last time i went in to see her becuase my skin had improved so much! If you just want more even cleaner skin this is worth a try. I noticed with my skin this product helped my mosturizer sink in more just an fyi.