November 25, 2014 | 1736 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Moon Drops Lipstick (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember when this was a new Revlon line and Gold Dipped Rose was my favorite dress-up lipstick. Now I'm retrying it, having bought a few retro colors. The one I'm wearing now is Nude Shimmer, a soft coral. It's a shade I remember from the '80's by Etherea (a Revlon line, sadly now gone) and Dorothy Gray, when all shades of coral ruled. Nude Shimmer has a soft shimmer and a smooth as silk feel. It lasts forever without drying. I barely notice the scent or taste. To give it a more modern look, I use it with a nude lip liner. I'll post updates as I go through the other colors I bought, Rosebrick and Kashmir Rose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have Revlon Moon Drops Lipstick in the shade 590 Lilac Champagne, but don't let the name fool you. This is very much pink. The shade is neither lilac nor champagne in colour; it's hot pink, & I mean HOT. It's bright, borderline obnoxious. If you're a bold standout woman, you'll wear this well. It's definitely a summertime lipstick. Do you remember that scene in Means Girls when Cady Heron says, "& she had some 99 cent lip gloss on her snaggletooth"? That's how I feel when I wear this. The problem is I can't tell if it's the product itself or just the shade I'm disliking. I wish I'd gone for a brown/nude colour instead, but I'm not willing to buy another & find out because of the formula alone.

I was very hesitant about this; lipstick is always hit & miss for me. I'm not sure if it's my skin tone, but Lilac Champagne—again, I don't know why it's called that—just isn't flattering on me. I have dark skin (NC45 for reference) & wannabe Barbie-doll is the only way I can explain how I look wearing this. When I say the shade is borderline obnoxious, I literally mean shocker pink. Think of the '80s. Colour-hatred aside, this lipstick is very pigmented & opaque. Although the formula is creamy, & I'm not sure how or why, it made my lips look dry & wrinkled even if I moisturize them first. It settles & caked into the natural lines in my lips & just looks slopped on.

I personally don't like this lipstick because it's drying to me & not "my colour," but if you have a good lip moisturizer & are confident, you can definitely pull it off. I'm reading that this is actually pretty hard to find, so I think it's discontinued. (Don't quote me on that.) If you can find it, you can get it for $3 or $4. Despite my REALLY disliking the colour & formula, I'm going to see if different lip moisturizers &/or lip glosses on top of it make a difference because I don't just want to put it in the trash. I'll update.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by simpleLOVEx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Blase Apricot and it's a beautiful coral. However, the SMELL IS HORRIBLE and I'm not even sensitive to smell. I've never had scent as being an issue in products but by god, it reeks of plastic, cement, and gas.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I have two Moon Drops lipsticks and plan on getting more if I can find them! These babies are usually packed waaaaay at the bottom of the Revlon display. You will find them in the back, in light/dark green tubes. I first ran in to these by mistake, but after seeing the color selection was very intrigued by the fresh, bold colors. These are very smooth on the lips, and glide on like butter! The staying power is what you would expect from any Revlon lipstick (very good), and when the color does start to fade, it does so evenly. My only real complaint is the scent. I know these are old school, but do they really have to be that overpowering "grandma's perfume" scent? I can smell it on my lips for a good 10 minutes before it begins to fade!! Unscented would be nice for those who prefer to keep perfume on their wrists!

The colors I have are 700-Crystal Cut Coral, and 710-Orange Flip. Crystal Cut Coral is a frost, and Orange Flip is a creme. I love the sheen CCC gives my lips, and Orange Flip gives off a beautiful blood orange color. Both compliment my fair skin quite well. I will be on the lookout for more of these!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Long lasting and moisturizing,has a nice colour like candy apple and a shimmery light rosey colour, and also nice colour and satiny feel to it, it feels very secure on my lips like my regular lips, kinda like no lipstick or/and lipgloss at all, and the staying power is excellent and great, it's a regular lipstick top shelf for drug stores and that is a great shade, I own one, and it lasts for 8 hours like it's supposed tgo, plus it's smell is great. I have no problem with this popular lipstick on the market. I purchased this, and the pros are what I said the cons super expensive for a drugstore pricey lipstick which with the tax, this is weard but it pretty much almost equals up with the prices of the launched cosmetics line Clinique and MAC are only a few like $5 dollars bucks more..................

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by malibu64

I bought this lipstick and had it on my face for less than five minutes before I marched right back into Walgreens and apologetically returned it. Being a fan of the Super Lustrous line, I thought these would be worth a try.

The color was beautiful - bright retro colors that make a statement.

Goopy, won't last long on the lips.

However, nothing could have prepared me for the SMELLLLLL!!!! Oh my god this smelled like a chemical stick!! That was bathed in nuclear acid and aged for ten years! I couldn't stop smelling it and tasting it for hours even after I removed the lipstick. Will never ever buy again. Yuck!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I currently own two of these lipsticks- one in blase apricot and the other in crystal cut coral. They're both pink colors, with blase apricot being the more coralish one. Crystal cut coral really isn't coral at all...so I don't quite know what's up with that. It's more of a frosty pink. Anyway, blase apricot is definitely one of my most used lipsticks. It's so creamy and it stays on forever. I blot it with my finger to tone down the color for school, but on the weekends I wear it normally. I really love it. The coral one, however, I don't like as much because I find it slightly drying. I like the color, though. I will definitely but more products from this line. Also, the packaging is very cute. It's a pretty green tube with a gold case around the lipstick and a gold stripe on which it says 'Revlon'. The only con is the chemical scent/taste. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand it! If you're not sensitive to the scent, I would definitely recommend these, but I don't think I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use a lot of lip stains because of their lasting power and barely-there feeling, but recently They'd begun to really dry out my lips (with the cold weather coming and what not). so I found myself deciding to give lipstick a try again. This was definitely a good purchase for me :) I love the moon drops line, for both their colors and moisture boosting power. I have frequently dry lips, so this line from Revlon was definitely appealing to me. I own 2 tubes (Hot Coral and Love That Pink), along with the Lip Conditioner (which I love!). The colors are bright, so a little bit can go a long way. I find that these lipsticks actually have pretty good staying power for a lipstick, and feel light and moisturizing on the lips. I also noticed this stuff doesn't feather or cake around the inner corners (a problem I encounter sometimes), so I love that :) Yes, it does have that "old lady makeup" smell to it, but it's not that strong. And I happen to like it as it reminds me of my mom's expensive department store makeup I sometimes borrowed when I was younger :) I can see why moon drops has been around for years years! I can't wait to buy more colors :) Definitely recommended for those with dry lip problems.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

What a blast from the past seeing this lipstick again. It's readily available at every drugstore, but not a popular choice. It's often stowed away in a dark corner of the Revlon display section. The only colour I purchased from this line many years ago was called Persian Melon. It remained one of my favourite bright shades for the first little while when I just got it. I gave up on it due to one unattractive feature: its old lady fragrance. I could look over that feature had the fragrance dissipate with wear, but it doesn't! The smell and taste absolutely lingers until you remove it. I really wished Revlon would make this unscented, but alas, I can't recommend it even if the colour payoff is amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Moondrops lipstick is a classic bright lipstick shades that put some color back in your face. The creators of this line was brilliant. I have Blaise Apricot a beautiful hot coral, Persian Melon a bright watermelon pink, Coppermist bronze a deep bright mid toned rosey frost, Sugar Poppy a reddened orange frost, and My mums fave Soft Silver rose a bright pink shade that makes your teeth look ultra white.

Mac and others are launching the bright lipsticks for summer. Save yourself a ton by buying these. Yes they have a retro smell and look, but Im a child of the 80s and every makeup we had had a heavy smell. Some formulas are more moisturizing than others. A fun kick in the pants if your tired of neutrals, MLBBs and want to break out of the mold.