Lancome Bolole Juicy Tubes

4.1

on 7/20/2012 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It looks really promising in the tube but noooo.

It comes out like clear lipgloss with colored sparkle-flecks all over. For the price you're better off picking something else. The smell is really something weird...ginger mixed with cough syrup. Hallucination is one of my favorite all time juicy tubes and is opaque. Bolole was a let down. I think any juicy tube that looks a bit bright and overly glittery is going to pump out sheer.

$18 for a sheer lipgloss? I'll pass.

on 2/15/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

its kinda expensive for a lipgloss, and it is extreeemly sticky, but in my opinion its so worth it, because you get really kissable looking lips, and they have a great color selection, and pretty good pigmentation. they last a long time too

on 7/25/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I hate the packaging, and the gloss is quite sticky. I like that it's moisturizing, smells wonderful, and has a good color selection. Nothing that will give you substantial color but good enough for everyday wear. A tube lasts quite long as well.

on 5/4/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was the first JT I bought with my hard earned money when I was 15, and till this day has remained my favorite. I love the coral, sparkly color and the way it has the right about of sheerness and color when you apply it. I know some people can't stand the smell, but I tend to associate it with high school and the good memories from it so I love it! :) I actually haven't bought it in the last couple years, being a broke college student, but I look forward to re-purchasing it for the summer!

I like Juicy Tubes as a shiny switch from what I am more accustomed to wearing. However, I usually reserve them for casual weekend wear. I got this as a GWP. It does give a real glint to my lips and a wash of sheer, orange-based red. The scent/taste is a little too much for me (Jasmine Tea). Fun, but may not be for everyone. A little goes a long way, it doesn't really last very well, and a bit on the sticky side - my long hair is always catching in this (sadly).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros: Shimmer is very fine (read: not gritty AT ALL), perfect texture (not sticky like L'Oreal Colour Juice, but not so thin that they run off the lips), veryyy pretty color and sparkle, for the price you get a lot of product, widely available, good lasting power, can be applied w/o lip balm, doesn't dry out lips

Cons: color looks very bright in tube but comes out sheer on the lips, the applicator is AWFUL, pretty expensive, the shine lowers itself within 15 minutes of applying ONLY SLIGHTLY

I personally love JT. Especially Bolole... just brightens my lip color a little bit, with some shimmer. It looks very different in the tube though (although it still looks adorable!). I would purchase it again. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars (terrible applicator, no color payoff), but I'll round it up to four.

EDIT: Everyone here is saying that the L'Oreal Colour Juices are the same thing, but I disagree. In my experience they are more pigmented, more sticky, and the applicator is even worse. Here's a list on how they're different:

Applicator

Lancome has a slanted tip plastic applicator with a fairly large hole.

L'Oreal has a rounded tip plastic applicator with a very small hole that makes for an awful application.

Pigment

Lancome is hardly pigmented at all; all colors come out sheer

L'Oreal is very pigmented, IMO.

Viscosity

Lancome is a medium to thick stickiness.

This might just be because of the dreadful applicator, but L'Oreal is so sticky, I couldn't even spread it over my lips. It was that bad.

HTH!!! continued >>

on 5/31/2009 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the GWP size and was really excited b/c I loved the Juicy Pear Juicy Tubes because of the lovely scent.

PROS: So-so scent--pleasant jasmine tea scent, but odd for a lip gloss. Long lasting. Moisturizing. Gorgeous color in the tube...

CONS: but doesn't really show up much on your lips. Gives your lips shine but no color and barely noticeable shimmer. Overpriced for what you get.

Will not purchase. My Juice Gems from mark (by Avon) give more color and work just as well. Save your money.

on 2/22/2009 6:43:00 PM

Looks beautiful on, not too glittery, just enough to be extra shiny. Has the same smell as Sweet Punch that I also love and didn't realize they had in common. I figured it was the smell of punch but could be jasmine tea, but I love jasmine tea so it's all good. One of my favorite glosses.

on 2/12/2009 12:10:00 AM

This came as a GWP, Christmas, 2008. This is very pretty, and deceptively so-applies less golden-glittery than it appears in the tube. The scent/flavor may not be everyone's 'cup of tea' because this is definitely Jasmine Tea. It shouldn't detract from the lovely shimmer, but it's just overpowering. Would not purchase in full-sized version-sorry.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This came as a GWP. When I first saw the color, I thought it would look clownish and orange, but it actually looks nice. It's just a sheer, glittery gloss that doesn't overwhelm. The only thing that is lame about this is the smell. OMG--what is it?!? The other JTs I've gotten have all smelled pretty good, but this one is just not good. It's not like, rancid, or anything, but it's just not fruity and sweet, which is what you'd expect. Overall, I wouldn't buy the full-size version of this for that reason. For the price they're asking for these things, it should smell good! Boo Lancôme!

Recommended for Medium Skin