December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Treatments (Face) - Dermalogica - Skin Hydrating Booster

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fabulous for wrinkles around the eyes. I've tried many eyes creams but none really seem to make a difference. But when I used this I could see a noticeable softening of my crows feet and wrinkles around the eye area. I use a tiny drop on each eye area first and then I use my normal eye cream. It preps the eye area and helps absorb my normal eye cream better than if I just use my eye cream alone. I do this day and night. This stuff really hydrates the area and that's what you need to combat the wrinkles. Hydration, hydration, hydration. It's super pricey that's why I didn't want to put it all over my face. Maybe if you are in your 60s this will be great for your skin. But for now I need to work on my crows feet and I've been using this method for half a year now and my wrinkles are not as bad as they used to be. I can see a significant softening of my wrinkles. This is the best anti-wrinkle eye treatment for me. Superb. And I've had no bad reaction to it whatsoever and I have sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Tracy5123

Never again am I using this product! I only used it for only 2 weeks and my skin started breaking out into these lumps it was awful!. My skin is sensitive so this is definitely not one I will try again! Luckily I'm using biocorex now and it has made some difference to my skin, but it's completely difference from what I was normally using. I'm almost 3 weeks into this now and I have to say I ain't complaining!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by babycat1973

This is just fabulous for plumping up wrinkles and making them disappear! I don't know if it's intended to do that, but it does!!! Hydrates skin beautifully.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I apply every night on my dry cheeks and even after a year they're still dry and flaky like before. I won't be purchasing this again.

I recently switched to Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum and I will continue with it as it hydrates and suits my skin better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this for my combination skin. I like to add about 4 drops of this to my CeraVePM and in the AM my skin looks so much better. I don't have acne but I still have such redness. I don't know if it's because I'm super fair and just more prone to it. It's a constant struggle for my skin to look even toned. This totally helps me with that. It has pretty simple ingredients and Hyaluronic Acid is the second ingredient so that is very good. I also mix a couple drops with my Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Serum for extra moisture and i find it helps reduce my fine lines and my skin is more even toned.

This is very pricey stuff but you only need the smallest amount so that's where it's good because this will last a long time. I would repurchase but Makeup Artists Choice has 95% HA serum for 30 something. So time will tell as to which I like better in my case as to if I will repurchase. I do recommend it though because it has some very good ingredients that are excellent for many skin types. me being Combo I find my skin is getting to that happy medium where I don't produce so much oil anymore. I find using this with the CeraVe really gives my skin the boost it needs. I use Mandelic acid and have not flaked or gotten dry at all. So for me this is a really good product! If your around Dermalogica this is one of the products I would want to have in my skincare arsenal:)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

If you have sensitive skin.. do NOT buy this!

I swear, DON'T!

it ruined my skin COMPLETELY. My skin isn't that sensitive at all, but after using a tiiiiny amount every evening for a week i got a thousand of tiny bumps on my face. it felt like my face was on fire.

I googled and looked around if there was something wrong about my skin. but no, it was all this product. according to Paulas Bourgon (i don't know for sure how to spell her name) who is an expert in skin ingredients there is an aweful lot of Lavender in this product which a sensitive skin won't like.

The bumps are slowly fading, ive had them for 3 weeks now. the burning and pain gets less and I hope my skin repairs soon...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Silfor

Great for dry spots, or just the whole face. It is a little sticky after putting on but does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:35:00 AM More reviews by juliawachsmuth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this one, never had something like this before. It takes away all the dry areas and feelings of my skin and you only need ca. 4 drops for the whole face so it lasts long. Well worth the price, would absolutely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Was given this as a sample and thought I would try it over my nose as that is the only part of my face that is dry and not oily, i applied a small amount before bed, after cleansing and toning, then put on a night moisturiser.

After using for 2 nights I noticed the results and wow, my nose doesn't look dry at all and now when I apply my foundation and powder I don't get the caked look.

I only use this once/twice a week and will definitely repurchase (but maybe when I go to America to get it cheaper!) this product is expensive but it does the job and haven't found any other product that works as well as this.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by gingertoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went on a Dermalogica spending spree last year, and I REALLY wish I hadn't. My skin was very dry and red at the time, and I was desperate to find products that would help. I didn't like any of the products I purchased, but I persisted with the Hydrating Booster as it seemed like a waste not to.

I used 3 drops every night under my night cream until the bottle ran out...which took at least 6 months. It sank into my skin well and didn't cause any irritation, but it didn't produce any noticeable plumping effect. It ran out 2 weeks ago and my skin doesn't feel any worse for it.

I think this is only a very light HA formulation and it doesn't do much. I saw my fine lines get worse during the period I was using the product, so I don't think it packs any punch as an anti-ageing skin treatment. It's also very expensive for a product that doesn't do anything.

The bottle is small and handy, but I generally don't like Dermalogica packaging, it looks cheap to me.