August 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - French Manicure with Lycra + Minerals - 442 French Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, yellow toned skin.

Update 8/4/13: The polish looks different depending on the base coat.. when using Gelous, this comes off more pink as compared to CND Stickey is more white and little more streaky. If I had tried CND as a base coat, I'm not sure if I would of liked tihs polish as well... so I'll def be using Gelous for this base from now on. :)

Original 7/28/13: The minute I put this on, I knew I was going to purchase a backup. The only other polish I have a backup of is Chanel Delight (shimmer gold LE color). I've tried other milky or other light pink nudes such as OPI Bubble Bath and Essie Ballet Slippers, etc etc... THIS IS PERFECT! I also love the square bottle and the wide flat brush, best formula and application perhaps in my entire collection.

2 coats max, 3rd coat became too glowy against my skin. Sophisticated period.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

One of my favourite shades to put on when I can't be bothered to try out anything else for a date or work. Just carefully put on one coat, won't be too opaque or streaky, just glossy and you can still see your natural tips. Instant classy and natural healthy looking nails. One coat of this as the base when I am going for the gradiant effect is also lovely. I love this, but lately I have found it hardly stocked anywhere I looked... I hope they are not going to discontinue this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I love this color so much - just the perfect light nude pink! It didn't streak like others I've tried and the coats went on so nice and smooth. Three coats was the perfect amount and it dried pretty quickly, too. This was my first Rimmel polish and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by angelicgirlangel

Really love this polish. Wasn't expecting a lot, but it makes my nails look so healthy and classy. Just a tip, this isn't really a polish you put on carefully with the three stroke method (it tends to get a little streaky). I find using really quick strokes best for this polish to get minimal streaking. I agree with another user who mentioned that this color is similar to a gel manicure color I got awhile back. The polish is very shiny and can be easily built up to increase opacity. One thin layer gives you a really healthy shine without much color, but three (which is what I have on now) gives you a creamy semi translucent french white-pink that lets your natural tips show through. Very lovely. The polish also lasts long time on me for about a week and chips very gracefully (chips are not very noticeable and tend to creep up slightly at the tips after a full 3/4 days)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my goto polish for my hands, I wear it without the white french tip because I like the look of transparent polish but find that this shade is a lot more flattering. It's a transparent pink polish with just a hint of opacity. I wear one coat with a top coat and it usually lasts me a week. I love how easy this is to apply because of the wide brush, I can usually do one swipe per nail.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gchen86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really wanted to like this. I bought it because Essie is a little more than I wanted to spend and the reviews for this seemed pretty good-- plus it's about $3.50. Dries fast, but the formula streaks too much for an opaque covering.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is the perfect french manicure colour! Its a very similar colour to the gel I get when I have my nails done at the salon. Its a beautiful soft pink that has good pigmentation but sheer enough to still see your white tips. I LOVE the brush on this polish...it applies perfectly. I usually can't get more than 7 days out of a self manicure and this polish is no different. It says it lasts 10 days but I still usually only get 7 out of it before it starts chipping and wearing away. I usually wear about 3 coats to get the colour I want on my nails and it doesn't bubble up when layered and still goes on really nice. I LOVE that the finish on this is super glossy...I usually don't even wear a topcoat because I love this polis on its own! I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by EM603

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I personally think this is one of the best french manicure colors out there, and I like to use it just as plain nail polish without the french too. It's a nice milky pink and I didn't find it streaky with 2-3 coats, the new bottle and new brush must be alot better then the old one. The new brush is bigger and rounded so all you need is one or two sweeps to cover your nailbed. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by et3naltwilight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought the newer version of this one - cube looking bottle. I love the colour. It looks light, creamy, and classy. I love how it doesn't look trashy. However I wouldn't recommend this for beginners like myself. Due to its light colour, it's hard to paint. But I do have to say that I love the brush. It's easier for even application.

I got this for a decent price at wal-mart and I was surprised that a lot of the other brands had worse packaging and colours for higher prices.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by lildanic

I have bought Rimmel Nail Polish before and I swore I would never again because I thought the non traditional flat head brush was awkward. I saw French Rose in the store and couldn't resist the color and thought I would give it one more try. Rimmel should really advertise the advantage to the flat head brush and how to use it. By accident I pressed a little harder than normal and realized the flat head brush actually hugged my nail perfectly and evenly, distributing color on both sides without any run off! I fell in love instantly! With a little practice this brush is so much better than a traditional! I might actually soak my old Rimmel flat brushes in remover and use them for other brands. French Rose is such a pretty sheer color for a classic French Manicure! It looks natural, not too pinkish which i hate! As you layer this shade the color evens out properly. Base coat, white tip, go over again with color and seal with top coat and you have a perfect French manicure! This is my new favorite polish and I would definitely stick with Rimmel as my preferred polish now!