July 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Other - Rembrandt - Rembrandt Whitening Toothpastes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I used this a while ago and i have to say i was seriously impressed. I paid in the region of 8 from Boots for this. My teeth *appeared* whiter and i was a lot more confident smiling in front of people.
Ill be rebuying this when i come across a shop that sells it. Im not gonna go out of my way specifically :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I alternate this toothpaste with Colgate or Crest, whatever I happen to have. I use it every other day and it works okay. I mostly do this because it is such an expensive product. It is not a miracle product but it does keep my teeth from getting stained from various foods, tea, soda, etcetera. I like the flavor, the texture, and the way it foams when you brush.

The down side is that it is extremely expensive. Most toothpastes come in a 6oz tube for less than $4. This one is a 3oz tube and it costs almost $7. A bit pricy if you ask me. Another thing that I find interesting is that Rembrandt used to have a variety of different toothpastes and whitening kits available but recently I've only been able to find three products - the new 2 hour whitening kit, a whitening rinse, and the "Intense Stain" whitening toothpaste. I thought that it was just the particular stores that I was shopping at, but I checked in other stores and most only sell the toothpaste. I also checked their website and it only features the whitening kit, rinse, and this toothpaste... no other products whatsoever. I believe that some other toothpastes and kits can be purchased online, but not in stores; which is probably not a good idea since whitening kits and toothpastes do expire and if they've been discontinued buying them online will probably guarantee that you'll get an expired product.
I don't know what's up with Rembrandt (they must be running out of money or their other products aren't selling well) but I hope that they don't discontinue this toothpaste as well because I enjoy using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by APaleBlondeSpeaks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although Rembrandt is expensive for a toothpaste, it keeps my teeth white and lovely. I use the "Intense Stain" brand after I drink my coffee every morning (it's important to use as directed--AFTER any staining drinks you might have in the morning). My mom thought I had whitening done! Good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

Wow. About a year ago I received a tube of this from a dentist friend of mine to try out - and I've been hooked ever since. I have tried absolutely every toothpaste on the market (I'm obsessed with white/perfect teeth) - and Rembrandt, by far, is the best of them all. My teeth are not stained/yellowed, and I take perfect care of my teeth - but I can STILL notice a remarkable difference when I use this stuff.

The only downside is, that if you stop using it your teeth go back to their original, natural colour, rather than blindingly white. The price is pretty steep as well (~$10CAD /tube!), but if you're looking to brighten your smile, this is your hg toothpaste!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Yes, this is a completely overpriced and overhyped brand. BUT, would I buy it again? Oh yeah! I got a sample tube with an Ulta order, the mint-flavored original whitening toothpaste. I could not believe how good it tasted!! Seriously, I don't usually have a heart attack over toothpaste, but I loved it. The next day I spent a ridiculous $6.99 on a tube (I agree with another reviewer...do they only fill these halfway?), only to realize I accidentally bought the "fresh mint, peroxide" version. Bleh. Stick with the plain old original, in mint. I'm not sure if it has whitened my teeth significantly, since I don't have much an issue with stained teeth to begin with.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hartmanm18

I do not use any other toothpaste than Rembrandt. It costs a bit more than regular toothpastes, but considering the fact that it really whitens and that most packages come with a $1.00 off coupon inside, you get what you pay for! The only complaint I have is the semi-rigid tubes they now come in, you can't squeeze it all out once it gets low, so you have to cut off the end and that gets kind of messy. Other than that, this is a HG dental care item!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by msor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't find Rembrant's Canker Sore toothpaste in Canada, but I found this and bought it for my husband to try (he suffers from chronic sever canker sores). It is SLS free, like the Canker Sore formulation, so worth the $11.99 per tube. It works for him for preventing canker sores, and I've tried it too--nice minty taste that leaves your mouth so fresh. We're usually able to find it on 2-for-1 sale and we stock up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2004 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

My favourite toothpaste and the only toothpaste i will use. Probably for life. They have reduced the flavour line to 'Complete Original', which is a repacking of the original. Low abrasion, whitening, the usual flouride and a beatiful easy going flavour. Could you possible ask for anything else. Didn't think so. 'Complete Original' is the lowest abrasion of the entire line,

Others in the line include 'Sensitive', 'Baking Soda' (please note baking soda does nothing for teeth),Rembrandt Intense Stain Removal' geared toward smokers, coffee/tea drinkers, 'Naturals' a rasberry and mint, or a papaya version, which is not to be confused w/ 'Natural' (singular) which is flouride free (whatever) and last but not least 'Canker Sore Relief' which claims to reduce canker sores by 80%, cool.

All are touted as 'low abrasion', who knows, but hey, just the chance they are, combine w/ a nice texture and flavour is enough for me. ABout 2x as expensive as standard toothpastes = what? $20 more a year? Who cares. Please try a tube if you have not already done so. And please take a look at reviews for their mouthwashes, just superior.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No