July 31, 2014 | 1804 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Bare Naked Lady Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kloops

The scent is actually growing on me, after initially not liking it. I like sweet scents and rose scents, but this doesn't really smell rosy to me, just overly sweet. Its a smell I think I like, but I wouldn't want to wear it in public really, because its just too too sweet and one-note. I do like to put it on my sheets before sleeping, its gives off a nice subtle scent. As for the glitter, its definitely there! It doesn't show up until you put it on your skin. I must not have read the description thoroughly, because I was thinking "nice pearly shimmer" as opposed to "full on glitter," but that's what it is. Ok for a night out I guess, but not what I want for teaching class. I guess I'll stick with the night time usage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by RosemaryGinger

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love it! It has a lovely, subtle rose scent and tiny tiny glitter. When I purchased this at a Lush shop, I was staying in Tokyo for the summer. The summer there was very humid and my body would get all sweaty so I'd keep this powder in my bag all times and use it many times every day for my neck and arms. But now I'm living in the US and it's always dry here, so I'm not sure what to do with this.
It's still nice to own one though, because I just love its scent and glittery powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Panther4011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a goody bag and I was so excited because I had not tried any of Lush's dusting powders and I love dusting powders. I was very disappointed as it had a very chalky almost sticky consistency and the scent was a bit sour IMO. It is also supposed to contain glitter but I hardly saw any of it, which was also a dissapointment because I was looking forward to the glitter.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Too perfumey IMHO.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So glad this got the axe over at Lush.
Bought this because I was into wearing rose scents at the time. I am a huge fan of their Silky Underwear dusting powder, and how smooth it goes on (and how wonderful it smells)...
I figured I'd give this one a go... what a waste of money that was!

First of all, the powder consistency is a bit odd. Definitely not smooth like Silky Underwear. Of course, no cocoa butter chunks. It's almost a bit chalky... in fact, it reminds me of the chalk that was kept in the bins at my gymnastics class when I was a kid, for the uneven bars.

I actually wanted something a bit glittery-- I kept hearing how glittery this stuff is/was. Hardly any spangles in my can. I figured I could dust this across my shoulders for a bit of gleam. Again, it was like chalk!

Rose scent it did not have. It smelled almost medicinal. And chalky.

It's named after a really crappy band, as well.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by analoggirly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this at a lush store - not sure what to do with this stuff. Put some on this AM, smelled good but no real effects/lasting excitement. I gave it two lippies for the yummy smell, but not much else.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2006 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Tessiepooh

This powder has an odd clay-like consistency which tends to clump on my skin. The shimmer is barely detectable. The packaging is not very good, either. Not only does the bright colored cannister look obnoxious on my dresser next to my more subdued bottles of perfume, it has a top that allows way too much product out onto my puff when I want to apply it. I do love the smell, however. I am a sucker for rose scents, and this is a very nice one that has moderate lasting power. I gave it three lippies for that reason alone, but will probably not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2005 9:48:00 PM More reviews by hollynicole

One of the few Lush products I don't really like - I never could find the glitter in this one and it smells a lot like my Grandma. The floral scent is just too funky for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2005 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Afternoon_Sunshine

does not smell special, doesn't make skin feel better, terrible packing. I am not impressed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by fabglamgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like BNL's scent. Silky Underwear is my top pick but it's nice to alternate between different DU's so you don't get tired of one. The gold glitter is sparse and it does not stay on you.