July 28, 2014 | 784 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - Sparkle Eye Dust - Smokey Topaz

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really beautiful and flattering on my dark brown eyes. I will say that this is a purple/taupe color. I can easily use this alone or blended with other shades. It is very inexpensive and blends well without being chalky. It has decent longevity on my oily lids and can either be used on the whole lid or near the tear ducts to open up the eye and add brightness so there is a lot of versatility with this. I agree that this will play up brown and green eyes very well if you are looking for shades to enhance your eye color. I'm now looking forward to trying other shades and will update soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! It's a very pretty bronze-y color. I have green eyes and this shadow really brings them out. It's a good color for every day or for going out/a special occasion The packaging is also really cute and convenient, as the cap has the brush attached.
If you want it to last though you'll probably need to use a primer on your eyelids. I noticed that if you're wearing it for hours without reapplication, it starts to fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by oshun50

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I used it everyday alone and over other colors. I like this particular shade because it looks natural on my golden skin. I also really love this color because it blends well, and softens many other shades of eye shadow. I am very upset that I lost my little pot of shadow and today I am on my way to Target to hopefully find my favorite eye shadow again!!! lol

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by superlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I absolutely abhor the packaging of these things - the brush is awful and I'd rather just have it in a little pot so the pigment is easier to get to. But! The eyeshadow itself is amazing. The color is gorgeous - a shimmery purple taupe shade that looks particularly lovely on my dark brown eyes, but would probably compliment any coloring beautifully. By itself the lasting power is pretty mediocre, but over a primer it lasts 12+ hours on my lids. I fully recommend it and will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by amarna_princess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Absolutely perfect color - a shimmery purpley brown just exotic color. Brightens my brown eyes really beautifully. Dirt cheap! My only complaint is that it rubs off easily, but we shouldn't be rubbing our eyes anyway! I love this stuff and will totally repurchase when I run out! Although I wouldn't mind a slightly better brush coming with it. I'll just use my own!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 4:37:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is amazing, especially given the price (very cheap). I would pay more for it. I bought it solely b/c I was enticed by the cheapness, normally something called "sparkle eye dust" is something that I would not consider putting on my face. This is actually one of my favorite eyeshadows ever. It is VERY highly pigmented, so a little container will last forever, and a little goes a VERY long way. The brush they provide is cute but, for me, too big for how much I want to put on. The color is beautiful and probably looks great on any skin tone. It is sparkly, but not in a teenagery, stupid looking way, probably because the glitter is so fine. The only two downsides: due to the powdery light consistency, it is MESSY. It's virtually impossible to not get this product everywhere, you have to be very careful when applying. Also, it is not super long lasting, and if you rub your eyes, it'd probably just come right off, but this does not bother me, I'd prefer that than to having glitter glued to my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ilm223

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

have not had luck with loose eyeshadows in the past, but I really like these. Smokey Rose, on me, is a shimmery taupe/plum shade. It does not have a lot of pigment, but it's nice as a browbone highlight, or a light wash. Good for a no-makeup, makeup look. I'm planning on checking out some of the other shades, also.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by kittygawah

This is one my favorite favorite shadows!
its a really pretty brownish purple with a brightening but not garish sparkle that makes my DARK brown eyes stand out :) i get sooo many compliments on days that i wear this
i depotted mine into screw cap containers i got at a craft store, so packaging wasnt really a problem for me
getting it 50% off on clearance at cvs sure didnt hurt either :)
GET IT

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by kimchimochi

I really wasn't expecting much from this shadow, because it is so cheap and the color looked a bit boring in the container. But I was swayed by the price and MUA reviews.

Let me tell you, it is amazing!! It looks a bit more brown than purple on my skin, and the shimmer is so beautiful. It's one of the most shimmery shadows I own, but it doesn't look garish or sparkly. It works great on the center of my lid when I'm doing brown smokey looks. The texture is excellent also, it applies smoothly and is very pigmented.

The only thing that I dislike is the packaging; I wish I could dump it out into a little jar and use my regular brushes with it, but I guess it works OK as is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by iamsri92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. I tried it expecting it to be really sheer, but it's actually really pigmented. I didn't like the packaging though. It's got a well where only the brush that they give you can fit, and I think that, that's really weird. But, it was only 2 USD, so I really don't care...