September 1, 2014 | 1264 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Falling In Love Shimmer set

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of a 5 or 6 piece set, and while this review addresses the main product, it applies to the entire kit as well.

I had no idea this was such a heavy scent. I don't mean flowery or citrus-like. I mean downright nauseatingly heavy. It is so heavy that it actually makes my stomach ill. If I were used to perfume on a regular basis, I might have a different opinion. But many make me sneeze. This doesn't make me sneeze, it just doesn't sit well with me. Some describe it as cotton candy. All I can say is it is more of a heavy chemical because my stomach loves cotton candy.

The kit was beautifully packaged and I sure other ladies would like it on aesthetics alone. In fact, I had been given this same kit twice. I actually kept one for a year just to get design ideas because the set was gorgeous to look at.

However, it struck me odd that the lip product in the kit made my lips feel like they were under a toaster oven, warming up more and more as I wore it. I believe it was intended to be a lip plumper.

I gave away the spray after one use. I also gave away every product I had not tried. Too much for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

Got this for x-mas and while I love the perfume, the shimmer body lotion falls a bit short. It smells NOTHING like the perfume in my opinion..in facts its somewhat nauseatingly gross. Its too musky/powdery/chemically. What a shame, because the perfume is really nice! :] So i say save your money and just buy the perfume if you like it, and skip the lotion! :X

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 9:37:00 AM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All I can say about this is that someone is making a lot of $ off of something that barely lasts more than 30 minutes. Also, the scent is very unpredictable. Sometimes you will get the familiar cotton candy type smell, other times it will be nothing but pepper/musk, other times a very faint smell. Can't afford to waste the $...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

i got the shimmering body lotion in a swap, and i really like it. it's not that noticeably shimmery on me (minus a lippie), but the texture is good and my husband loves the smell. amazing grace firming body emulsion is my hg, but this inspired me to get the FIL perfume. EDIT: i dropped a lippie because this lotion really made my arms look dryer than normal! they were even flaky, which is very unusual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 12:32:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

love love love this scent, and while i understand that scent is a personal choice, i cannot imagine anyone not liking this fragrance!! i am extremely picky about cologne/perfumes and would rather were none at all than most that are on the market, but truly this is wonderful....i dont understand the two negatives on this, and really nasty at that, although if you read her other reviews, apparently she hates everything, so dont go by her!! try it, you wont be dissapointed!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 11:43:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fragrance is not for me. My husband and daughter do not like it either. It smells like cotton candy to me (which you can buy cheaper versions of like Mary-kate and Ashley-type brands). I guess it's blackberry. Just not very sexy. I expected something sultry. Smell doesn't get better either after wearing it for awhile (too sweet).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by lebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised by how much I love this scent, and even this particular product. I'm not typically very fond of shimmery lotions; they have to be fairly subtle for me to like the look of them on me, and this one is exactly that. There are almost no discernible glitter pieces, if that makes any sense; this is one of those shimmer lotions that you don't notice unless it's in a certain light, and then there's the faintest hint, which I think is really nice. And the scent itself is just lovely! I hadn't expected to like the smell of this, as I'm not a fan of the Amazing Grace line at all. It's a very soft scent, reminiscent, as many others have noted, of cotton candy. My husband even commented on how nice it smells, and he's not one to readily volunteer an opinion about fragrance unless he really loves it (or really hates it -- see my CK Euphoria review for that one :o). I really love the product all around, though as usual, Philosophy has way overpriced this one. So I'll keep trying to swap for more. :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 10:17:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the Falling in Love fragrance, so it was only a matter of time before I got around to trying this. Like all Philosophy products, the price is a little high ($45 for a 2 oz. shimmer fragrance spray and a 4 oz. body lotion) but I do love the scent of these products.

The lotion goes on smooth and not sticky (and contains moisturizing shea butter which I love, just like the regular Falling in Love lotion). The shimmer is subtle and pretty- just a fine, golden shimmer. The shimmer lasts a couple of hours.

The shimmer in the spray is definitely silver (it doesnít quite seem to match the shimmer in the lotion, but both are so fine and subtle that they donít clash). The shimmer settles in the bottom of the bottle, so I need to gently roll the bottle back and forth to mix up the shimmer (which Iíll do just for the heck of it even if Iím not going to apply the shimmer spray because it just looks so cool!) I usually use about 4-5 sprays of the fragrance spray. I only use the shimmer set if I am going out for the evening (and the regular fragrance spray during the day). The intensity of this fades pretty quickly, but I can still faintly smell it about 6 hours later. I think this is one of those smells that the wearer becomes accustomed to pretty quickly, but others can still smell it on you even when you canít anymore.

My only complaint (as others have noted) is with the packaging. I wouldnít say my sprayer becomes clogged, but it is very difficult to push down, and often it seems to ďstickĒ a little bit, although it seems to have gotten a little better the longer Iíve had it.

This smells heavenly (warm, sweet, vanilla blackberry fragrance) and the shimmer is so pretty. In a perfect world, this would cost less, last longer, and the sprayer would work better, but I still like this and Iíd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 1:18:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift. I LOVE the smell and love how the showergel really softens and works great on my hair. Love, love, love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2005 12:50:00 PM More reviews by RucaRita

I got the shimmer set from Sephora.com, which contained the spray and the shimmer body lotion. I love it so far...the shimmer is both noticable and subtle, and the scent is so soft and lovely...musky vanilla berries. The lotion is also very shimmery, and is a good base for the fragrance. I haven't experienced any clogging of the sprayer yet, but we'll see.